• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Teens kill Australian baseball player for fun

They were wannabe crips. I read a story that gang activity wasn't a big problem in this part of Oklahoma until a few years ago. The more I read about this story the angrier I get. The victim looks and sounds like a really decent guy. The killers look like scum of the earth. And the parents of one of the suspects was carrying on in court as if her grief over her murdering scumbag son's arrest was more important than the grief of the innocent victim's family. I haven't been this angry over a news story since the Boston bombings.

Lack of parental control in this case is a big reason why these kids started behaving the way they did, based mainly on the statements made by a parent of one of the kids they bullied and threatened to kill.

Johnson's son also attends Duncan High School, where suspect Luna and Edwards Jr. were students. He said he knew both boys, and described them as "troublemakers" and "bullies" who had "no parental supervision."

Thank you for your zero contribution into this thread. Now read the below quote and come up with a valid argument.

I don't know why you felt this response was appropriate, esp for this thread? :huh:

Because there is so much fail in this thread, I have to question if it even warrants a valid response.

So far, I've seen a bunch of blaming rap music, video games, violent movies, and consumerist society, oh yea, and of course "'MERICA!! GUNZ!!!!1" and very little blaming of these idiotic *****ebags who would do something like this. People are using this incident as a platform for their baseless generalizations.

Of course the parents have said their children did not do it and are innocent... despite one confessing to it (albeit not definitively confirmed he was the shooter).

Because there is so much fail in this thread, I have to question if it even warrants a valid response.

So far, I've seen a bunch of blaming rap music, video games, violent movies, and consumerist society, oh yea, and of course "'MERICA!! GUNZ!!!!1" and very little blaming of these idiotic *****ebags who would do something like this. People are using this incident as a platform for their baseless generalizations.

Ok now let me clarify because you clearly misinterpreted our words. Of course those kids are murderers and dirty bastards, that I myself wouldn't want to associate with them to hang out or even add them as friends in fb judging from their way of life being gang wannabes and all that.

But do you sincerely believe that no outside factor like their dysfunctional family background helped shape their killing behavior? Even their friends who liked their pictures with the money and the guns in the social media, to me are responsible for playing their part.

And the parents of one of the suspects was carrying on in court as if her grief over her murdering scumbag son's arrest was more important than the grief of the innocent victim's family.

That's what always happens.

I live in the Bay Area. There are so many gangs around this area, primarily Oakland and Richmond, as well as San Pablo. Watching the news for these cases, they always show the mother of the scumbag who was arrested or killed claiming her son was a "good boy"...even though in most of the cases I've seen, he had a criminal history and was actually caught red handed for the current crime. :whatever:

And in a lot of cases the mother of the "good boy" is either unaware or in denial of just how bad he really is. People can and do turn a blind eye to unpleasant things in their relatives, especially their children.

And in a lot of cases the mother of the "good boy" is either unaware or in denial of just how bad he really is. People can and do turn a blind eye to unpleasant things in their relatives, especially their children.
Not to mention, people will flat out, knowingly lie to protect loved ones. Especially when the truth takes their loved one away forever. So I'm not really suprised to see the parents saying "there's no way their child could be responsible for this."

I'm also not really surprised by that because these are typically the kind of kids who do things like this. Parents always making excuses for them, or just turning a blind eye, and the kids literally think they can get away with murder.

Ok now let me clarify because you clearly misinterpreted our words. Of course those kids are murderers and dirty bastards, that I myself wouldn't want to associate with them to hang out or even add them as friends in fb judging from their way of life being gang wannabes and all that.

But do you sincerely believe that no outside factor like their dysfunctional family background helped shape their killing behavior? Even their friends who liked their pictures with the money and the guns in the social media, to me are responsible for playing their part.

People liking pictures on Facebook??? Seriously???

Parents who defend their murdering children sicken the hell out of me. It was a purely evil and hateful act, the young men deserve to be put under the jail. My heart breaks for the victim's family.

You're oversimplifying his comments and missing his point, which is that their wannabe gangster lifestyle recieved positive reinforcement and encouragement from their peers. I don't often agree with Alex, but you're being purposely obtuse.

You're oversimplifying his comments and missing his point, which is that their wannabe gangster lifestyle recieved positive reinforcement and encouragement from their peers. I don't often agree with Alex, but you're being purposely obtuse.
On the other hand, I get the feeling that Alex has been doing much the same. Nell never claimed that there weren't outside factors at work. In fact, his initial observation that people are using this event as a platform for assigning blame based on deeply-rooted personal biases seems pretty spot-on.

Their mommies can go to hell.

Words can't express the contempt I have for human trash like this.

Unconditional parental love is great and all, but you can still admit your kid is ****ed up. Or in this case, is a murderer.

I suspect there is more to the story than bored teenagers but this is what is being popularized as the story.

I've been bored many times, sometimes it feels like I'll be bored to (my own) death but I don't think it ever came to mind to go kill someone to alleviate it.

Then again, I'm more well adjusted than these three were and I still don't think boredom is the truth. What's more likely is they were wanting to kill and looking for an excuse to do so. Whatever their reasoning to kill, boredom did not provoke it.

Sounds like a gang initiation thing to me. And anyways, are they not teaching these kids to excersize their right to keep silent until they have their attorney with them? Or are they too stupid to realize this?

Are those sisters real people? Forgive me it's just that I have seen a similar example being brought up as an argument before that's why I ask. But even so, how do we know for sure what kind of interactions this girl had with her parents and other people, since she was born that shaped her psychic and those little things that we don't notice in first sight. I can't accept the one girl was simply born "good" while the other one "bad". Seems too shortsighted and depressing to me.
And you mentioned she is a drug user. Maybe that's where all this abhorrent behavior comes from. She is sick and will commit every criminal act to get her dose hence the screwing over her family.

This has happened in every single multiple child household I know. One child ends up being everything a parent could hope for, and the other is pure rotten.

I know a couple pairs of siblings who are both decent people, although one is more responsible than the other (but the other's not an extreme case or anything).

Parents who defend their murdering children sicken the hell out of me. It was a purely evil and hateful act, the young men deserve to be put under the jail. My heart breaks for the victim's family.
Nobody ever wants to admit their kid could do anything so awful. :(

Generally evil men are momma's boys.

Hitler, Stalin, Saddam, etc. Well Stalin was more terrified of his mother than anything else. Abuse from the father is another reoccurring trope.

Generally evil men are momma's boys.

Hitler, Stalin, Saddam, etc. Well Stalin was more terrified of his mother than anything else. Abuse from the father is another reoccurring trope.
Bad peers can be just as bad. Many a good person has fallen by the wayside after running into influential madmen, like Manson or Koresh. A bad crowd can be a huge mistake. :(

Weak people will always be influenced by peers, even if deep down they don't agree with them. Sometimes it's out of a desperation for acceptance, other times out of fear of the consequences if they refuse. Gangs rely on this type of pressure a lot. One monster can breed a lot of smaller monsters.

Weak people will always be influenced by peers, even if deep down they don't agree with them. Sometimes it's out of a desperation for acceptance, other times out of fear of the consequences if they refuse. Gangs rely on this type of pressure a lot. One monster can breed a lot of smaller monsters.
Religion relies on this pressure a lot too.

Monsters come in all shapes, sizes and ideologies and lack thereof.

Jesus Christ. I'll say this again. Those kids are murderers plain and simple. It was their actions alone that led to the death of that innocent Australian.

Thanks for clarifying, since English is not my native language and I can't put my thoughts in a proper way.

On the other hand, I get the feeling that Alex has been doing much the same. Nell never claimed that there weren't outside factors at work. In fact, his initial observation that people are using this event as a platform for assigning blame based on deeply-rooted personal biases seems pretty spot-on.

And what did I do exactly doc? Deeply rooted personal biases? That was very catchy Imust say. Do you doubt that outside factors led to the shape of their abhorrent behavior? NOT THE MURDER NECESSARILY. Just their general gang wannabe attitude. Didnt you know? The world has moved on. This is not the 60's anymore where life was black n'white.

And what did I do exactly doc? Deeply rooted personal biases? That was very catchy Imust say. Do you doubt that outside factors led to the shape of their abhorrent behavior? NOT THE MURDER NECESSARILY. Just their general gang wannabe attitude. Didnt you know? The world has moved on. This is not the 60's anymore where life was black n'white.
I was going to make some snarky comment about how you apparently can't read (since the point sailed right over your head), but then I saw this:

Alex_Spider said:
Thanks for clarifying, since English is not my native language and I can't put my thoughts in a proper way.
...and now everything makes sense.

Go back, re-read and try to track the conversation thus far. I don't feel the need to explain the obvious to you tonight.

But since I'm feeling generous, here's the key point:

Doctor Evo said:
Nell never claimed that there weren't outside factors at work.

Hopefully you can figure out the rest.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"