• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Comics Ten Worst Things That Have Ever Happened to Spidey

I have to say the Clone Saga had some really crappy art work, its quite obvious the all creative team didn't really liked what they were doing. So we got some of the crappiest work in the history of comics.

Man the 90s were terrible.

Spider-Man the Character

1. Death of Uncle Ben
2. Night of the Goblins
3. Death of Peter's Parents (no one mentioned this?)
4. Death of Gwen Stacy
5. Death of Peter
6. May being shot, along with the unmasking
7. Return of Peter's Parents only to turn out to be evil robots, oh by the way he's also been a clone
8. Harry turning evil/good/evil and death of Harry
9. May's death
10. Buried alive by Kraven

Spider-Man the Comic

1. Clones
2. JMS
3. the Q
4. tie-ins that shouldn't be, especially with mutants
5. Gwen the ****
6. the 90's
7. Symbiote babies (except carnage)
8. Tony Stark
9. Peter, Peter, wife beater
10. Ben Reilly (I know clones was the first point, but I really hate that backstreet boy.)

A few people listed the parents as robots thing, yet ignored the parents dying in the first place.

I find that kind of amusing, lol.

I'd prefer artificial clones to artificial steel! ANY day of the week.

1. Uncle Ben's Death
2. Pete thinking Ben Reilly was the real Spider-Man
3. Death of Gwen Stacy
4. "Death" of Baby May
5. Kraven burying him alive
6. Aunt May gets shot (Back in Black)
6. Unmasking/Civil war
7. Sins Past *shudders*
8. Death of Ben Rielly.
9. The Other *shudders again*
10. Death of Harry Osborn

1. Uncle Ben's Death
2. Pete thinking Ben Reilly was the real Spider-Man
3. Death of Gwen Stacy
4. "Death" of Baby May
5. Kraven burying him alive
6. Aunt May gets shot (Back in Black)
6. Unmasking/Civil war
7. Sins Past *shudders*
8. Death of Ben Rielly.
9. The Other *shudders again*
10. Death of Harry Osborn

Does Kraven burying him alive really beat out the Death of Harry Osborn and Ben Reilly? We might as well put the "I Am the Spider" phase as #1. He went crazy then too.

I am surprised that no one else is putting 9/11 on their lists tho.

It is escpecially traumatic and horrific, and REAL...(and since they did write it into continuiuty thru a very touching storyline)....it is horrible to Spidey for numerous reason.....in that #1 he is a New Yorker.....and that #2 he is a hero (in the storyline) who was unable to do anything about it despite his powers.

And while it isn't "central canon" spidey-material per say.....it IS one of the WORST things he has ever had happened...or has to be...?!!?....right?

Spidergets%20owned.jpg

hahahaha found that in a nother thread.

Revised my list.

1.Death of his parents
2.Death of Ben Parker(We all agree on this)
3.Thinking he's a clone(due to stress he actually beat MJ over this. though I try to pretend this never happened.)
4.Death of Gwen Stacy
5.Death of Baby May?(If shes dead I mean)/GG beats up MJ.
6.Death of Harry Osborn(best friend)
7.Aunt May gets shot(declares to kill someone. Puts on black costume)
8.Unmasking/Civil war
9.Gwen sleeps with Norman. Births his kids.(another in denial situation.)
10.Death of Ben Rielly.

Honorable, yet dishonorable mention: Dies from the magical Spider disease.

I think thats a little extreme. My sisters fiance hit her once and only once and it was a perfectly acceptable thing to do in his position, she can be a real b*tch beleive me similar to mj.

Question: Theoretically, if you were my boyfriend and you were acting like an a**hole, does that give me liscense to smack you? There is such a thing as walking away you know.

it's nice to know the fans still think baby may and ben's death still affects pete and was an important part of his history even though the writers wish to neglect it.

Question: Theoretically, if you were my boyfriend and you were acting like an a**hole, does that give me liscense to smack you? There is such a thing as walking away you know.

I think you should hit him right now.

it's nice to know the fans still think baby may and ben's death still affects pete and was an important part of his history even though the writers wish to neglect it.

I know.

IT is like the old saying.....IF A TREE FALLS IN THE FOREST AND NO ONE IS THERE TO HEAR IT< DOES IT STILL MAKE A SOUND??

There has never been any real (satisfactory) follow up to the whole baby kidnapped thing. Pete should and woulda been doing everything to find his kid and make someone pay bigtime.

Yet, it is practically ignored. And when it is borught up, it is unrealistic and with no emotion like it is not even anything on Pete's radar of emotions.

So....IS IT one of the worstt things to ever happen to him?????

Should be!! HEck yeh!

BUT IS IT???????

Not at all.

I think thats a little extreme. My sisters fiance hit her once and only once and it was a perfectly acceptable thing to do in his position, she can be a real b*tch beleive me similar to mj.

No sorry you are wrong. And so was your sisters fiance.
If you think you are right then I feel sorry for whatever woman you end up with.
Oh, also there are laws against men hitting women.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"