• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

texas chainsaw massacre ultimate edition 2 disc set.

superkong 500

Sidekick
Reaction score
I was checking the specs on this baby and it looks like they will be great, specially for those like me who don't own the movie in dvd yet.
for those fans of the original that don't know it yet, it arrives on sep. 26
it has more special features than the other versions that have come before.

here's a little review of the content on disc 2:
The second disc is positively loaded, containing roughly three hours worth of bonus material. There are two hour plus documentaries about the making of the film, The Shocking Truth and Flesh Wounds, both of which feature a wealth of interview footage and do an excellent job of both relaying stories about the production and placing the film in larger context. Star Gunnar Hansen takes us on an unauthorized tour of the TCSM house, there are two minutes of production bloopers, interview outtakes from the Shocking Truth doc, stills, a makeup progression gallery, and likely most prized by fans a full twenty five minutes of deleted scenes and outtakes from the film itself. This disc is exactly how films like this should be presented: plenty of fun stuff for the fans, but it also treats the material seriously and isn’t afraid to be critical.

disc one:
Disc one is no less loaded. Fans will no doubt gravitate to the commentaries – one features much of the cast plus the art director; the other features Hooper, the film’s cinematographer Daniel Pearl and ol’ Leatherface himself, Gunnar Hansen. The disc also includes all of the film’s promotional materials – trailers, radio and tv spots – plus new 5.1 and 2.0 sound mixes plus a remastered version of the original mono soundtrack.

The big reason to pick this up, though, is the film itself. And even if you’ve seen the film before, or already have an earlier edition, you haven’t really seen it until you’ve seen it here. This edition features a new high definition transfer of the film taken directly from the original 16mm camera originals and it looks absolutely stunning. The natural grain of the film comes through, of course, but I have never – absolutely never – seen 16 mm look anywhere close to this good on DVD. Ever. Of course part of the charm of seeing this the very first time was squinting to make out what was happening on grotty second and third generation VHS tapes, but the novelty of that has worn of somewhat as I’ve aged and this release gives us Hooper’s film very likely looking even better than it did when projected.
as you can see its loaded with goodies.

what do you think guys? I think I'll definitely pick this one up

I'm looking forward to it, there's also a TCM2 special edition on the way next month.

Stormyprecious said:
I'm looking forward to it, there's also a TCM2 special edition on the way next month.
'Bout freaking time.
It joins Predator 2 on the "Sorry world, you're wrong. It's one of the greatest movies ever." List.

Stormyprecious said:

Yea the box art for that one is cool with leatherface cutting the number 2 with his CS out of the box. although I still don't know if that will be the final art for the cover.

I already have this dvd on pre-order, now I wish Amazon.com would put up the new Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 dvd so I could pre-order it also.

Isn't the new TCM dvd supposed to come in metal packaging or something like that metal poster thing that came with the 2 disc remake dvd? It tells on amazon.com how it is supposed to come in a limited edition steelbook packaging so has anyone heared if they are going to change this or not?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...ref=sr_1_1/104-9611647-5361564?v=glance&s=dvd

Bonus Features:

Steelbook Packaging
Feature-length commentary with actors Marilyn Burns, Paul A. Partain, Allen Danzinger, and art director Robert A. Burns
Feature-length commentary with director Tobe Hooper, cinematographer Daniel Pearl, and actor Gunnar Hansen
Theatrical Trailers & TV and Radio Spots
"The Texas Chain Saw Massacre: The Shocking Truth"
"Flesh Wounds"
A Tour of the TCSM house with Gunnar Hansen
Deleted Scenes and Outtakes
Blooper Reel
"The Shocking Truth" Outtakes
Still Gallery

I'm looking forward to both releases. I've been wanting to see that TCM: The Shocking Truth documentary for awhile now. It's been available in Region 2 DVD's, but not Region 1. Well atleast the wait is almost over. Didnt really care for TCM 2 when I first saw it, but I can say now that I love the film. It's very much different from the original, but thats not necessarily a bad thing. I dont think Tobe could really compete with the original TCM on that level, so a more "dark comedy" route that he took does make much more sense to me now. Awesome news. :up:

I already sold my current TCM/2 dvd's in anticipation of getting these :o

Last night I dusted off my old grainy vhs copy and watched it.

one of the reasons to buy the new dvd, the transfer, damn that vhs version is horrible, however two scenes remain that always creep me out, the scene when that girl's(don't remember her name)body jumps off the fridge convulsing in spams and the sound, followed by the guy being killed with the sledgie by leather face. The other scene well I think is the one that really pays tribute and demonstrates why the movie is called how it is called. The scene in which leatherface comes out of nowhere in the night and savagely kills franklin while his sister watches in horror, I mean the scene doesn't have too much blood but the acting is what makes it look real, franklin twiching in his wheelchair(from behind) and his arms waving up and down in pain as leatherface thrust his chainsaw onto his flesh. Its just horrific.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"