Thanos and Loki

My post-credit scene would have a shot of the Asgardian weapons room from Thor, focusing on the Infinity Gauntlet. We see a hand reaching for the glove (at this point, the camera pans outward to reveal Thanos' face).

My post-credit scene would have a shot of the Asgardian weapons room from Thor, focusing on the Infinity Gauntlet. We see a hand reaching for the glove (at this point, the camera pans outward to reveal Thanos' face).

its too early to have Thanos take it. There is no back story on the IG yet

I think anything shown in Odin's vault is going to be easily recognized by the audience as being powerful and dangerous whether back story is told prior or not. So without saying much, if anything, about it I think the audience would get it that it's a bad thing, if someone were to go in there and steal that (or anything else in the vault)

I think anything shown in Odin's vault is going to be easily recognized by the audience as being powerful and dangerous whether back story is told prior or not. So without saying much, if anything, about it I think the audience would get it that it's a bad thing, if someone were to go in there and steal that (or anything else in the vault)

My point is that the IG is so asscociated with Thanos, that it would be sorta pointless to have him take it now. Especially since the GA only knows he is an alien who smiled at the idea of courting death.

By back story, I meant more so of Thanos, and his motives for it, mostly Thanos. By the time Thanos gets the IG in Thor (personally I don't think he will) but if he does, he still won't be known about, won't have a history of his character until Guardians of the Galaxy. With Thanos and the IG being so tightly wound, I just don't see Thanos getting it, without Thanos getting a proper introduction. So far we seen him in one movie, a cameo. Then the next time we see him is another cameo of him stealing this glove, and the audience still doesn't even know who he is.

I think Thanos should have a back story first, an introduction before taking the IG

I may be late on the uptake with this, but did it occur to anyone else that the character speaking at the beginning of Avengers is Thanos (to Lady Death)

"The world will be his, the universe will be yours. And the humans, what can they do, but burn?"

I had originally attributed this quote to the Other, speaking to Thanos, but the voice is different from the one used in the Loki scene, also both the cloaked figure who comes in and kneels (at the beginning) and the one who hands Loki the scepter only has 5 fingers not 6, so not The Other. ( The Other is in the end scene though)

Also....

tumblr_ltfspzGqXs1ql1mfio1_1280.jpg

I may be late on the uptake with this, but did it occur to anyone else that the character speaking at the beginning of Avengers is Thanos (to Lady Death)

I had originally attributed this quote to the Other, speaking to Thanos, but the voice is different from the one used in the Loki scene, also both the cloaked figure who comes in and kneels (at the beginning) and the one who hands Loki the scepter only has 5 fingers not 6, so not The Other. ( The Other is in the end scene though)

Also....

tumblr_ltfspzGqXs1ql1mfio1_1280.jpg

Intriguing; but I'm pretty sure that was always meant to be The Other, even if the props guy forgot to add the sixth finger prosthetic in certain scenes. Thanos hasn't officially been cast yet, and the guy who wore the suit this time was just a nobody who wasn't given any lines.

Intriguing; but I'm pretty sure that was always meant to be The Other, even if the props guy forgot to add the sixth finger prosthetic in certain scenes. Thanos hasn't officially been cast yet, and the guy who wore the suit this time was just a nobody who wasn't given any lines.

I was thinking all of that as well, (or maybe there are several servants there who are not the other but in the same robes) and then I came across that image and said, Hrmm....

And maybe see what you think when you watch it again but I think the voice really does sound different. It would have been easy enough to make it sound exactly like The other if it was really meant to be The Other. (as for casting, how many different guys have we had play Bruce Banner so far? LOL)

Last edited:
I was thinking all of that as well, (or maybe there are several servants there who are not the other but in the same robes) and then I came across that image and said, Hrmm....

And maybe see what you think when you watch it again but I think the voice really does sound different. It would have been easy enough to make it sound exactly like The other if it was really meant to be The Other. (as for casting, how many different guys have we had play Bruce Banner so far? LOL)

To be fair, Alexis Denisof's voice is highly distorted and modulated as The Other, so his voice changes literally with each word.

Speaking about The Other, I've suddenly got a massive brainstorm about this. I still firmly believe that The Other is commanding the Marauders at the battle we saw at Bourne Woods, and that he's coming for Loki. But now I'm beginning to see some more pieces of the Thor puzzle coming together.....because I think I know who The Other is now.

*Supposedly,* The Other is not a character from the comics; but suppose that's just smoke and mirrors, and he *really* is based on a Marvel comics character? Like other folks, I've been scouring the archives for possibilities to that effect, and I *might* have the answer:

Chthon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chthon_(Marvel_Comics)

Chthon has a *ton* of physical similarities to The Other, and there's plenty of reason to believe he would be intimately tied to Thanos in the Marvel Universe.

But here's some interesting facts about Chthon that may well apply to TDW:

*Chthon is ancient, and has been around since the dawn of time. Sound familiar?

*Chthon has immense powers over darkness, and this movie makes a point of focusing on "The Dark World."

*Chthon is capable of possessing people, and could very well be the "dark spirit associated with the Dark Elves" that, rumor has it, takes possession of Jane Foster in this movie.

*Chthon is also a regular foe of Dr. Strange, who is still rumored to have a cameo in this movie.

So, suppose this:

The Other is actually Chthon. Chthon is the dark spirit who is basically the god of the Dark Elves. Not canonical, but it makes some sense in the MCU. Malekith is a servant of Chthon, and helps him round up Jane Foster to possess. In this sense, maybe the role of Surtur in the Twilight Sword saga is being replaced in the MCU version by Chthon, The Other....?

I think Chthon is Marvel Studios' deep dark secret, their ace in the hole, and he'll come into his own in Thor: TDW. They managed to keep the role completely secret to the bloggers and spies and fanboys throughout the filming of Avengers, and it's quite possible that he remains behind the scenes even now in TDW, and yet will wind up playing a major role in the film.

Somebody get me Alexis Denisof's itinerary now, dammit....! :cmad:

Ooooo, CherokeeSam, I think you're onto something! Here's another tidbit to add to your list. From the Wikipedia page to which you linked is this phrase: "The Other, Chthon's host on Earth"

!!!

That's certainly interesting, and they may very well be connected/the same character. He may very well be used down the road as a big villain.

My reservations on using him in Thor 2 have to do with he's not really a Thor villain from what I can see. And there are so many Thor villains out there to use (as we've been debating about which one to use for weeks now, lol) and so many that people seem to really really want to see (like Surtur), so I dont think it makes sense for them to use this guy here. Also, it's supposed to be about Thor's world and the 9 realms and taking a villain and an army that doesnt really have much if anything to do with Thor's world would definitely take away from that.

To be fair, Alexis Denisof's voice is highly distorted and modulated as The Other, so his voice changes literally with each word.

Speaking about The Other, I've suddenly got a massive brainstorm about this. I still firmly believe that The Other is commanding the Marauders at the battle we saw at Bourne Woods, and that he's coming for Loki. But now I'm beginning to see some more pieces of the Thor puzzle coming together.....because I think I know who The Other is now.

*Supposedly,* The Other is not a character from the comics; but suppose that's just smoke and mirrors, and he *really* is based on a Marvel comics character? Like other folks, I've been scouring the archives for possibilities to that effect, and I *might* have the answer:

Chthon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chthon_(Marvel_Comics)

Chthon has a *ton* of physical similarities to The Other, and there's plenty of reason to believe he would be intimately tied to Thanos in the Marvel Universe.

But here's some interesting facts about Chthon that may well apply to TDW:

*Chthon is ancient, and has been around since the dawn of time. Sound familiar?

*Chthon has immense powers over darkness, and this movie makes a point of focusing on "The Dark World."

*Chthon is capable of possessing people, and could very well be the "dark spirit associated with the Dark Elves" that, rumor has it, takes possession of Jane Foster in this movie.

*Chthon is also a regular foe of Dr. Strange, who is still rumored to have a cameo in this movie.

So, suppose this:

The Other is actually Chthon. Chthon is the dark spirit who is basically the god of the Dark Elves. Not canonical, but it makes some sense in the MCU. Malekith is a servant of Chthon, and helps him round up Jane Foster to possess. In this sense, maybe the role of Surtur in the Twilight Sword saga is being replaced in the MCU version by Chthon, The Other....?

I think Chthon is Marvel Studios' deep dark secret, their ace in the hole, and he'll come into his own in Thor: TDW. They managed to keep the role completely secret to the bloggers and spies and fanboys throughout the filming of Avengers, and it's quite possible that he remains behind the scenes even now in TDW, and yet will wind up playing a major role in the film.

Somebody get me Alexis Denisof's itinerary now, dammit....! :cmad:
\

Not to mention Chthon is also refered to as The Other. I have been pondering this since the movie came out. They do have a lot of similarities

406px-Chthon.jpg

I did think about this. But here's the catch with Chthon. I do still think it is a coincidence. Chthon is an Elder god. He has wiped asgard out of existince with a mere spell. He is even far more powerful than Odin.

Seeing him kneel before Thanos as he did, I just can't see it. I think that this character may be based off the elder god Chthon, but I still think he is simply just thanos' first general. And nothing else.

I've thought about it before, and in my opinion, I think The Other is just someone who is working for Thanos. And isn't truely Chthon that we are thinking of. but we'll see

Not to mention, I want a thor movie that is ALL thor. No more tying other characters together. I would prefer they would keep this movie to thor's rogue gallery only

Last edited:

Chthon.

Well the following site specifically says "The Other" was an alias of Chthon ...

http://marvel-movies.wikia.com/wiki/The_Other

That's certainly interesting, and they may very well be connected/the same character. He may very well be used down the road as a big villain.

My reservations on using him in Thor 2 have to do with he's not really a Thor villain from what I can see. And there are so many Thor villains out there to use (as we've been debating about which one to use for weeks now, lol) and so many that people seem to really really want to see (like Surtur), so I dont think it makes sense for them to use this guy here. Also, it's supposed to be about Thor's world and the 9 realms and taking a villain and an army that doesnt really have much if anything to do with Thor's world would definitely take away from that.

Thor (and Odin) have crossed paths with Chthon before, as have the Avengers on several occasions (Wanda, in particular, has a long history with him).

Anyway, the MCU isn't particularly slavish about staying inside the "gene pool" of any given rogues' gallery....Thanos isn't particularly known as an Avengers foe (instead, he usually fights a weird and vast array of cosmic forces from all across the universe, some of them famous superheroes and some of them virtually unknown outside Thanos storylines); HYDRA certainly wasn't Cap's foe in WWII (they didn't even exist yet in the comics); pretty solid rumors put Chen Lu, aka Radioactive Man, in IM3, and he's known far more as a Thor/Avenger villain; an Iron Man movie was certainly an odd place to see Black Widow debut; Dr. Strange is rumored to be in the Thor movie, "strangely" enough; and so on.

Plus, Feige has talked about the need to consolidate characters, both hero and villain, in movies, since they're severely limited in how many they can release each year; so they're kind of taking a kitchen-sink approach where you'll see characters pop up in unlikely places. Chthon could be one such example of many.

Not to rehash this, but sam let me ask you this. I jsut can't see someone as powerful as Chthon kneeling before Thanos. I mean, I am probably thinking one dimensionally. But maybe he is powered down? That is really the only issue I have with it. Other than that, I am completely on board with it

Not to rehash this, but sam let me ask you this. I jsut can't see someone as powerful as Chthon kneeling before Thanos. I mean, I am probably thinking one dimensionally. But maybe he is powered down? That is really the only issue I have with it. Other than that, I am completely on board with it

You know, I'm thinking maybe not so much kneeling at Thanos' feet but more like a best mate sort of relationship with the two.

The Other comes off very very fanboy/sycophant type of guy with Thanos, so doesn't really seem like they'd be on such equal ground to say it's a friendship, more like God and overzealous worshipper.

The Other comes off very very fanboy/sycophant type of guy with Thanos, so doesn't really seem like they'd be on such equal ground to say it's a friendship, more like God and overzealous worshipper.

EXACTLY. Which is why I have a bit of a hard time believing it is someone as powerful as Chthon.

But I mean, he looks like him. and "The Other" IS an alias of Chthon..

Other than whatever he did to creep Loki the hell out at the end of that scene, I never found him to be all that scary, sort of a campy villain, maybe it's just Denisof's portrayal but I hope they make him scarier if they use him in future.

Other than whatever he did to creep Loki the hell out at the end of that scene, I never found him to be all that scary, sort of a campy villain, maybe it's just Denisof's portrayal but I hope they make him scarier if they use him in future.

I didn't even know he was supposed to be scary, and what scene? The one where he makes the threat? I didn't think Loki was freaked out, just concerned in a way, worried

I think Loki felt physical pain from The Other, and it was either immediate and in his head, or else he was remembering it and flinching from it. The Other definitely *****-slapped Loki in that scene off-camera, either physically or psionically, and Loki was still reeling from it.

As to The Other's relationship with Thanos in the MCU: it's very telling that he says things like "OUR Chitauri" and "WE," when he addresses Thanos, so he definitely considers himself an associate rather than an underling.

And as for kneeling before Thanos: Mephisto knelt before Thanos and was his *lackey* in the IG series. And Mephisto is, quite literally, Satan. If Satan bows before Thanos, I'm pretty sure *everybody* is fair game.

I feel like there's no need for a backstory being that mAgority of general audience knows what it is, i really feel Thanos arc won't happen in the Avengers until the third film..I feel there big event in 2018 is going to be the infinity gauntlet

I feel like there's no need for a backstory being that mAgority of general audience knows what it is, i really feel Thanos arc won't happen in the Avengers until the third film..I feel there big event in 2018 is going to be the infinity gauntlet

I feel pretty comfortable in assuring you that the majority of the general audience doesn't know what the Infinity Gauntlet is. Hell, the vast majority of the general audience, fanboys included, didn't even know who "the purple guy with the big chin" was in the Avenger credits, and had to go Google him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"