• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Thanos in Thor 3

The_Manhunter

Zack Snyder & MCU Fan
Reaction score
Do you guys think we will see him? I think it wouldn't make sense for Thanos not to be in Thor 3. He needs the Infinity Gauntlet and the Tesseract, both of which are currently in Odin's vault, and he has Loki on the throne to help him out. What are your guys' thoughts on seeing the Mad Titan in Thor's third solo outing?

I doubt he'll appear & he doesn't really need to, to be honest.

It seems likely that he'll appear in some form, seeing how Feige said that this movie is very important for phase 3 and compared it to TWS in phase 2. I don't see how Ragnarok itself is important for the entire phase, other than avoiding it is crucial for everyone not to die, so it seems probable that it will lead into Infinity War in some way.

Like Manhunter says, he needs to get the tesseract and gauntlet somehow, so either he goes to get it himself or he'll send someone powerful to retrieve it for him IMO.

He'll most likely be the reason behind Ragnorak. So Surtur/Executioner or whoever will be tasked with killing Loki. In exchange I suspect for the Tesseract/Gaunlet. Thor/Warriors Three/Lady Sif/Beta Ray Bill go on a mission with no midgard included and its fantastic.

Given how Feige suggested that Ragnorok is as game changing as Cap: TWS, I'm thinking this is likely. If not directly, then still the main reason for Thanos getting what he wants (perhaps have him appear post-credits). My guess is A:IW Pt1 will involve Thanos's scavenger hunt, though, so he won't actually get his hands on it in this movie.

Maybe Thanos and his force take over whatever is left of Asgard and use it as there base of operations against Earth. That way the Avengers/MCU has to travel to Asgard to fight Thanos instead of trashing Earth.

He'll be pulling the strings. I bet Asgard and Xandar will be gone in Thor 3 and Guardians 2. The Collector will either be killed or severely injured.

I don't see the Collector being killed but I do see Xandar getting wiped out by Thanos at some point.

More than likely, yes, he will. I can see Thor 3 starting with Thanos releasing Surtur and then maybe reappearing at the end of the movie.

Like Manhunter says, he needs to get the tesseract and gauntlet somehow, so either he goes to get it himself or he'll send someone powerful to retrieve it for him IMO.

Wow, did you call that one or what?:woot:

What did he call??
Am I missing a confirmation?

The mid-credit scene in AAOU? Thanos takes the Infinity Gauntlet right out of Odin's vault and says "Fine, I'll do it myself" .

One can only guess that his next act will be to try and take the Tesseract back from Loki.

Is like Feige was reading this thread or something.:cwink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Believe it or not supposedly there are two Infinity Gauntlets in the MCU. Feige said it himself. One for each hand apparently. Starlin's gauntlet was for the left and that's the one we see at the end of AOU minus the Infinity Stones. The one in Odin's vault is for the right hand. I doubt that was an oversight.

Believe it or not supposedly there are two Infinity Gauntlets in the MCU. Feige said it himself. One for each hand apparently. Starlin's gauntlet was for the left and that's the one we see at the end of AOU minus the Infinity Stones. The one in Odin's vault is for the right hand. I doubt that was an oversight.

Wait, so does that mean that there's two different versions of each Infinity Stone as well? (I.E. 2 Aether's, 2 Tesseracts etc)

Yeah, that raises a lot of possibilities. I posited in the Thanos thread (in the IW forum) this possibility:

Thanos is somehow connected to Odin. They each have one of a matching set of Infinity Gauntlets. They are each supremely powerful throne-sitters. Even Thanos's armor could be said to look not-out-of-place in Asgard. An MCU version of Cul? I highly doubt it, but maybe he and Odin have some sort history together.

Of course, that's just one of myriad possible ways they can go. What do you guys think here? Could Thanos have some history with Odin? I'm not saying he's Asgardian, but... may Odin and Thanos were old college roommates or something ;)

One thing is for certain: Thanos knows a lot about a lot about Asgard (from Loki, at the very least). Do any Asgardians know about Thanos?

Yeah, that raises a lot of possibilities. I posited in the Thanos thread (in the IW forum) this possibility:

Thanos is somehow connected to Odin. They each have one of a matching set of Infinity Gauntlets. They are each supremely powerful throne-sitters. Even Thanos's armor could be said to look not-out-of-place in Asgard. An MCU version of Cul? I highly doubt it, but maybe he and Odin have some sort history together.

Of course, that's just one of myriad possible ways they can go. What do you guys think here? Could Thanos have some history with Odin? I'm not saying he's Asgardian, but... may Odin and Thanos were old college roommates or something ;)

One thing is for certain: Thanos knows a lot about a lot about Asgard (from Loki, at the very least). Do any Asgardians know about Thanos?

Another thing to note about Thanos/Odin similarities: both of them have two offspring (admittedly adopted in Thanos' case) who are rivals and basically hate each other. Although there's definitely more affection between Thor and Loki than there is between Nebula and Gamora.

:confused:

Mind blown. . .pffttt.

Another thing to note about Thanos/Odin similarities: both of them have two offspring (admittedly adopted in Thanos' case) who are rivals and basically hate each other. Although there's definitely more affection between Thor and Loki than there is between Nebula and Gamora.

True!

I thought about that when I was playing that mobile game, Contest of Champions, and the match was Thor against Gamora. I (nerdily) called the match up "A son of Odin against a daughter of Thanos."

I interested to find out what kind of rep Thanos has among the Asgardians, if any. I wish we'd had the opportunity to see more instances of the Asgardians out and about in the cosmos, tbh.

Wait, so does that mean that there's two different versions of each Infinity Stone as well? (I.E. 2 Aether's, 2 Tesseracts etc)

No there are only 6 Infinity Stones. The gauntlet in Odin's vault was already adorned with gems but they weren't THE stones. Odin wasn't that flummoxed after the Frost Giants broke in to the vault to steel the Casket of Ancient Winters - a powerful weapon in of itself - but no way he would keep the most powerful weapon in all the universe in the same place. The Asgardians didn't even want the Aether and the Tesseract in the same place. Either that Gauntlet in the vault remains just an Easter egg or some other explanation is forthcoming.

The mid-credit scene in AAOU? Thanos takes the Infinity Gauntlet right out of Odin's vault and says "Fine, I'll do it myself" .

One can only guess that his next act will be to try and take the Tesseract back from Loki.

Nah, that wasn't Asgard.
I have a feeling we won't see Surtur either :/

Nah, that wasn't Asgard.
I have a feeling we won't see Surtur either :/

It would be a shame if we didn't, given that he's pretty integral to the story of Ragnarok in both Marvel Comics and Norse Mythology. Then again, Marvel Studios have repeatedly shown willingness to take artistic licence with their properties before...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"