Marvel Reveals Infinity Gauntlet From Thor

Interesting. Hadn't heard that before. I know they're setting Odin up to collect various objects throughout the universe and lock them away for safety's sake, hence the Red Skull raiding some kind of vault or tomb Odin created on Earth for the Cosmic Cube. "Running the universe" is a bit different from that, though.

That part doesn't make sense, why would Odin leave something that powerful on earth?

That part doesn't make sense, why would Odin leave something that powerful on earth?

To us Earth is pretty important. to Odin it's only Midgard, just one of Nine Realms. It's safe to assume that he's scattered cosmic weapons throughout each of them :D

For me, this is the holy grail of Marvel artifacts-- and I'm pleased with the design. The Norse designs remind me of Star Wars.

I'm wondering if there are lights beneath the stones built into the glove? I feel this would work much better than CGI blooms.

Noted :yay:

To us Earth is pretty important. to Odin it's only Midgard, just one of Nine Realms. It's safe to assume that he's scattered cosmic weapons throughout each of them :D
Hey, that actually makes a lot of sense. Good explanation. :up:

yeah makes sense. you wouldnt want someone to raid one vault to gain all the most powerful weapons, so spreading them out does sound like the way to go. good theory.

Maybe Odin had hid 1 Artifact in each of the Nine Realms...

That kind of doesn't make sense either, now that I think about it. Why hide stuff away where humans, demons, and everything in-between can get to them in the first place? Separated or not, they're still far likelier to be stolen, and plenty of the stuff is powerful entirely on its own, like the Cosmic Cube. A vault in the city of Asgard would make a lot more sense...

Unless the items would destroy or harm any of that realm who tried to use the items used so they'd be left alone to be forgotten. Say He wouldn't hide an item of Surtur's in his own realm, he'd hide it in the frost Giant's realm.
Besides if he hid the items by himself, who would know know where they were in the first place?

He would, and he's really the only person who needs to know. Odin apparently is not wise in the ways of security. :csad:

That kind of doesn't make sense either, now that I think about it. Why hide stuff away where humans, demons, and everything in-between can get to them in the first place? Separated or not, they're still far likelier to be stolen, and plenty of the stuff is powerful entirely on its own, like the Cosmic Cube. A vault in the city of Asgard would make a lot more sense...

Well, if I had to compound on my theory I would guess that it could be a combination of these things:

A) Odin doesn't believe that "inferior" races would even know what was hidden in their respective Realms

B) Even if they knew an artifact was somewhere in their Realm they wouldn't know how to use it (i.e. probably why Red Skull gets his face melted off by the Cosmic Cube)

C) If they were all kept in Asgard and someone mischievous , say Loki, took over the Realm then they would all, simultaneously fall into his hands.

D) It would show that even Odin is fallible; he did what he thought was best by scattering them and it backfired when one or more are finally uncovered

If A is true, Odin should banish himself for arrogance. ;)

C seems to make the most sense, but I still don't see why he would scatter them around all the Nine Realms. Surtur, Ymir, Hela, et al. are easily as mischievous as or worse than Loki, and Odin would basically be putting immensely powerful artifacts right under their noses.

If A is true, Odin should banish himself for arrogance. ;)

C seems to make the most sense, but I still don't see why he would scatter them around all the Nine Realms. Surtur, Ymir, Hela, et al. are easily as mischievous as or worse than Loki, and Odin would basically be putting immensely powerful artifacts right under their noses.

Well, I only guessed yesterday that he scattered one in each of the Nine Realms; but that would mean that there are nine cosmic weapons for him to hide. If there are only three or four then he could obviously skip a few of the nastier places. Then again I have OCD, so nine artifacts in Nine Realms line up better for me :awesome:

As far as Odin's arrogance, I think he's always been a "do as I say not as I do" kinda prick in the comics. And if he really does "run" or balance out the Marvel Cinematic U, I'm pretty sure that attitude would increase a bit or at least be shown on screen.

Hell, maybe he even forgot that he hid that stuff centuries ago. When red Skull finds one he has an "oh *****, THAT's where I put it" moment

Eh, we'll see. Maybe it will just be as simple as Odin believing Earth was a safe place to stick all of them because the people were so primitive when he actually hid them. The Asgardians withdraw from Earth around the turn of the first millennium AD in the comics, so maybe he didn't anticipate that humans would advance so much in another thousand years.

Personally, I'd like to see any of the Cosmic weapons Odin hid on or around Earth. Think of the massive set up potential that has for future films:

1) One for Namor to find/face off against

2) One to be found by a spacial character

3) The Avengers have to hunt down the missing ones (subplot; could be why Thor agrees to join the team)

4) One in Wakanda (could be the explanation for either vibranium or their advanced tech)

etc.

Maybe the good Doctor is watching over some of them. After all, we need a Doctor Strange movie.

Maybe the good Doctor is watching over some of them. After all, we need a Doctor Strange movie.
Would be a nice connection between the two movies.
Heck I don't see why Strange and Thor don't hang out more often in the comics actually.

He would, and he's really the only person who needs to know. Odin apparently is not wise in the ways of security. :csad:
Actually thought about this a bit.
If Odin's capable of creating a Worthiness enchantment on a Dwarfish made Hammer, then I'm sure he had some safe guards on some items. Mabye those just wore off or in the Tomb the Red Skull enters maybe the safety item was some symbol on the wall Skull knocked down.

They worked together to kick Dracula's ass one time. :)
lol I VAGUELY remember that. I'm just saying the two have magic in common, who else but Strange to Help Thor understand it better? lol
Heck I'm surprised Strange hasn't helped the Asgardians rebuild Asgard.

If I was Odin, and I wanted to hide something from people like Loki, Thanos, etc...Earth is where I would put it. I know they wouldn't want to waste their time searching on our "mortal" planet. :o

I thought Earth was somewhat protected from Sutur and Yimir?
-Never seen them set foot on Earth, they always try for Asgaurd, and I could have sworn the Bifrost Bridge was really the only link to earth...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"