The Agent: Official Thread

Havok83

Avenger
Reaction score

Agent will be "a game about espionage, set in the 1970s" and will be "very, very different" from Grand Theft Auto, according to Take-Two's CEO, Ben Feder, in an interview with Eurogamer. Yeah, it's not much, but at least it's more than a name. He goes on to discuss the success of GTA IV and Chinatown Wars, and gives his refreshing take on the role of censorship in the video game industry.

Feder also discussed exclusivity in the industry today, calling them "relationship and contractual matters," where much information is left undisclosed. With regards to the PS3 exclusivity of Agent, Feder says the company "won't disclose anything beyond what we've already said." Though he does go on to say that "it's important for us to be with Sony, and it's important for Sony, I think, to be with us." As for whether the GTA IV DLC packs will come to the PS3? "We don't talk about that, unfortunately."

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/24/take-two-agent-is-about-espionage-set-in-the-70s/

Espionage, you say....like Tactical Espionage Action:cool: That gets me a little more interested, though it's little more than a peak with basically no real info.

As far as exclusivity is concerned, I'm sure the game will end up on the 360 within a year's time, and probably sooner for the PC. I do think it'll sell just fine while it's a PS3 exclusive though. Even if it's a different type of game all they really have to do is slap 'From the creators of GTA on it' and people will be falling over themselves to pick it up.

How can it look cartoony when no shots or vids have been released....unless you know something....DUN DUN DUN!

I really hope they go with a darker, grittier, atmosphere. Giving the 1970s setting, and dealing with espionage, I hope it has the same style as CHINATOWN

It's looking like Rockstar might release this next year

When Rockstar announced Agent as a PlayStation 3 exclusive at E3 back in June, they didn't give any hints of when we could expect it. Now we have a little more than a hint: In a new fan mail installment on their official site (via Superannuation), Rockstar includes Agent as one of a few releases they have planned for the PS3 in 2010.

"[W]e are working hard on a lineup of PlayStation 3 releases for 2010 that we know you will be very excited to play -- including Red Dead Redemption, Max Payne 3, and the PlayStation 3 exclusive AGENT, which is a brand-new title from Rockstar North, the creators of the Grand Theft Auto series," Rockstar writes in response to a reader worried about their PS3 support. This is the first time Rockstar has given any kind of release window for Agent, which is an espionage-themed action game set in the 70s.

Of course, "2010" isn't exactly the narrowest of release windows, so exactly when we can expect to see Agent next year is still up in the air. Our best obvious guess: probably around fall.
Will it actually come out next year? I think they may aim for it, but considering nothing has been released on it so far, I see it getting pushed back. A late fall release could work though, depending on how far they've actually done with the game.

Just wondering if there is any further developments with this?

aww man, I thought this thread was updated with something. I suspect with Red Dead Redemption out, the DLC for GTA out of the way, Rockstar will start to talk more about this game. I expect Sony to have a segment focusing on it during their E3 conferrence

LOL. I had the same excitement Havok had. I thought it was an update. :(
I agree with him that E3 is going to have more info.

L.A. Noire is RS's next (and most exciting!) project, although given how great RDR is I cannot wait for Agent.

Rockstar isnt developing L.A. Noire; they are publishing it. I beleive Rockstar North is making Agent and they are the ones who worked on the GTA IV stuff. I think they can focus more on it now since they are done with that game. I hope they've made some progress so we can see something

aaaahhhhhhhh I keep checking this thread thinking there's an update on this game only to find people saying they thought there was an update lol, well since L.A. Noire was mentioned, anybody think that agent will lose it's ps3 exclusivity as well, or that agent is just a timed exclusive?

It could defnietly end up a timed exclusive, but I beleive it will maintain its excluivity upon launch. I dont see this being released for both the PS3/360 at the same time. PS3 first, and maybe a 360 version months later

Tretton said like 3 years ago they were happy to let GTA go because RS's next big franchise would be PS3 exclusive, and he said 100% exclusive last E3 too I believe.

I'd like it to stay exclusive, obviously, but we'll see.

Hopefully not. The more people that can experience a game, the better.

But the more awesome exclusives for my PS3, the more justified I feel buying it over a 360! :D

Sorry about the bump getting expectations up guys, I just thought I'd ask here as found out about the game and figured this would be the palce in the know.

That L.A Noire game looks great, is it due this year as well?

Yeah, towards the end. No idea if it'll stick to that though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"