Sequels The Amazing Spider-Man Sequel Villains Thread! - Part 1

I gotta tell you, it's never too early to start thinking about the sequel :awesome:

Hopefully they pump 'em out Harry Potter style (as in not every 3 years!).

My vote for the sequel: Go balls out, The Green Goblin and Doc Ock. Yes, we've seen them both, but you want to talk about the Spider-Man movies of all Spider-Man movies, old school scary Green Goblin and a different Doc Ock, it would be my favorite movie ever!

You decide!

Indeed. Ultimate Electro's look is much, much better and would suit on film better than any starfish mask or anything to resemble such as in TSSM.

I think my head would explode if Ock and Goblin were in the same movie. As awesome as it could potentially be though, there's way too much room for error.

Green Goblin and Doc Ock COULD work...I mean, it was thought of for Spider-Man at first...

James Cameron's "scriptment" became the basis of David Koepp's first-draft screenplay, often word for word. Cameron's versions of the Marvel villains Electro and Sandman remained the antagonists. Koepp's rewrite substituted the Green Goblin as the primary antagonist and added Doctor Octopus as a secondary villain. Raimi felt the Green Goblin and the surrogate father-son theme between Norman Osborn and Peter Parker would be more interesting. In June, Columbia hired Scott Rosenberg to rewrite of Koepp's material. Remaining a constant in all the rewrites was the "organic webshooter" idea from the Cameron "scriptment". Raimi felt he would stretch the audience's suspension of disbelief too far to have Peter invent mechanical webshooters.

Rosenberg removed Doctor Octopus and created several new action sequences. Raimi felt adding a third origin story would make the film too complex. Sequences removed from the final film had Spider-Man protecting Fargas, the wheelchair-using Oscorp executive from the Goblin, and Spider-Man defusing a hostage situation on a train.

So...Raimi's big deal with not using Doc Ock was not wanting to work in a third origin story, so Otto taking part of Norman using the serum could work in both ways with having one basis of both villain's "origins" and then from there on, develop Doc OCk and how such an accident cause Otto's tentacle and harness to "meld" into him(perhaps he used those arms with the serum outside of some area where Norman was in).

Green Goblin and Doc Ock COULD work...I mean, it was thought of for Spider-Man at first...

So...Raimi's big deal with not using Doc Ock was not wanting to work in a third origin story, so Otto taking part of Norman using the serum could work in both ways with having one basis of both villain's "origins" and then from there on, develop Doc OCk and how such an accident cause Otto's tentacle and harness to "meld" into him(perhaps he used those arms with the serum outside of some area where Norman was in).

That would make sense. This could be a case where borrowing from Ultimate Spider-Man is a good idea, so that you have multiple villains from a single origin like Green Goblin and Doctor Octopus in said Ultimate universe.

IMHO if they are going to use GG in any of the sequels (which face it they will) they better be pushing Gwen Stacy off of a bridge too. I feel like using Doc Ock and Green Goblin in the same film is a bad idea. Just b/c they are 2 of spidey's 3 greatest enemies, (3rd being Venom). Their just too big to be in the same movie together, and if you use them both one of them will ultimately be overshadowed by the other. Think Joker and Two Face in TDK. Then again, use them both and you could kill off Captain Stacy and Gwen Stacy, if your into that kinda thing.

IMHO if they are going to use GG in any of the sequels (which face it they will) they better be pushing Gwen Stacy off of a bridge too. I feel like using Doc Ock and Green Goblin in the same film is a bad idea. Just b/c they are 2 of spidey's 3 greatest enemies, (3rd being Venom). Their just too big to be in the same movie together, and if you use them both one of them will ultimately be overshadowed by the other. Think Joker and Two Face in TDK. Then again, use them both and you could kill off Captain Stacy and Gwen Stacy, if your into that kinda thing.

I thought that Joker and Two-Face were well utilized in The Dark Knight.

They worked well together, but I always kinda felt like Two-Face was overshadowed by Joker (not a bad thing, it works in the movie). But with a duo like Ock and Gobby I feel like your going to far. I guess I kinda misspoke in regards to Joker and Two Face as the story of Two face in TDK was more focused on the downfall of Harvey Dent and less on how crazy and dangerous Two Face was. I just feel like using both Gobby and Doc Ock would be two much for a Spider-Man movie.

What I think would work: Use Doc Ock and some other villain in the first sequel. Have ock kill off Captain Stacy after he becomes a character that Peter is emotionally involved with. Have him do what he did in the comics and sacrifice his life to save someone else. And then use the grief that Ock will feel to be his ultimate downfall.

At the same time, use the sequel to introduce Norman Osborn, let him develop a relationship with Peter and become a sort of Role model for Pete. Maybe introduce MJ as the typical Party Girl she was in early days of the comics.

Now, second sequel, have Peter and Gwen getting serious. Goblin origin story gets stuck in at some point. Maybe include another villain but ultimately the other villain is just a thug (maybe scorpion or elektro). Have the film come to an end after Gwen and Norman die, and show Peter being comforted and helped through his grief by MJ, ultimately foreshadowing the relationship that they will have in the future.

Obviously my take on the new series sounds grim but it ultimately ends with hope and looking towards the future.

Doc Ock and Green Goblin wouldn't work in the same film I'd say, for obvious reasons.

I'd rather not have them in the same film. Both deserve to be headliners. Norman, on the other hand, I'd like to be present throughout the franchise. Like a Lex Luthor character.

What about Green Goblin, perhaps hiring the Enforcers?

That would make sense. This could be a case where borrowing from Ultimate Spider-Man is a good idea, so that you have multiple villains from a single origin like Green Goblin and Doctor Octopus in said Ultimate universe.

Exactly. If any two villains can become their monikers in the same origin, it'd be those two, imo. I could see it work perfectly and then GG and Ock are developed afterwards...plus, I always imagined that a scene in the end could be Green Goblin v Doctor Octopus :up:

That'll just blow my mind with its epicness.

And....both Stacys don't have to die by their respected villains, imo. I mean, Captain Stacy could die in the first film, or second and what I really care about is seeing the death of Gwen Stacy, imo.

They were equally utilized. Joker was a force to be reckoned with from beginning to the very end as he created pretty much everything that we saw on film and even created Two-Face himself in a way, BUT...the name The Dark Knight itself represented Harvey as much as Batman so in no way did Harvey Dent become overshadowed. Joker was the interim from Batman and Dent as Dent was slowly fading into the darkness and finally saw himself become the villain. If any character was overshadowed, it was Batman.

Exactly. If any two villains can become their monikers in the same origin, it'd be those two, imo. I could see it work perfectly and then GG and Ock are developed afterwards...plus, I always imagined that a scene in the end could be Green Goblin v Doctor Octopus :up:

That'll just blow my mind with its epicness.

And....both Stacys don't have to die by their respected villains, imo. I mean, Captain Stacy could die in the first film, or second and what I really care about is seeing the death of Gwen Stacy, imo.

Agreed.

They were equally utilized. Joker was a force to be reckoned with from beginning to the very end as he created pretty much everything that we saw on film and even created Two-Face himself in a way, BUT...the name The Dark Knight itself represented Harvey as much as Batman so in no way did Harvey Dent become overshadowed. Joker was the interim from Batman and Dent as Dent was slowly fading into the darkness and finally saw himself become the villain. If any character was overshadowed, it was Batman.

I don't think Batman was really overshadowed, but I agree that Joker and Two Face were equally well utilized.

I don't think Batman was really overshadowed, but I agree that Joker and Two Face were equally well utilized.

Not fully overshadowed, but between the three, I'd say Batman. Besides, in TDK, we pretty much saw more Bruce Wayne than the alter-ego anyways.

Green Goblin. Though I wouldn't mind to see Shocker as a lesser villain. I'd really like to see his costume become a reality.

I would like the film's portrayal of Norman Osborn to take a cue from Patrick Bateman from American Psycho and Hannibal Lecter from Silence Of The Lambs. I want him to be sophisticated, manipulative, and deceptive. A sadistic predator who hides behind a facade of decency and kindness to get close to his victims.
Patrick_Bateman+Christian+Bale.jpg

anthony-hopkins-as-hannibal-lecter.jpg

Thoughts?

Yes^ That sounds cool. Like I've said a few times I really want to see Norman behind the scenes in a Kingpin like role for the first couple movies, where he maybe has ties to the mob and is doing things like hiring people to try to take out Spiderman. Make him a villain before he becomes a supervillain and then bring on the transformation in the third or fourth movie.
So having him be a totally messed up psychopath/sociopath might be preferrable, and I think seeing him put on a public facade might be cool. This would create good tension if the actor plays it right when we know he's doing all these bad things, but Peter doesn't know.

I'd like Norman to hire a lesser villain to get Spidey, and after a couple of failed attempts he turns up as the Goblin mid battle, kills the lesser villain (showing straight away that he isn't one to f*** with) and then spends a few minutes kicking the living sh** out of Spidey.

Then: 'He stole that guys pumpkins!'

'My kidney stones are tingling.'

MJ, on the street, looking at Spidey, says, 'Face it tiger, you just ripped your costume.'

Spidey pulls out a gun and shoots MJ and says, 'Now you're really and angel!'

'We'll meet again, Spider-MAAAAAAAAn.' Then the Goblin flies home to stick his fingers in some pies and some cakes.

Spidey, crying, says, 'Sucks to be you. WHAT have I done?! MaaaAAARRy JAAaaaaaA-- O, chocolate cake.'

--

Okay, only the first paragraph was real and everything else was a JD moment.

Yes^ That sounds cool. Like I've said a few times I really want to see Norman behind the scenes in a Kingpin like role for the first couple movies, where he maybe has ties to the mob and is doing things like hiring people to try to take out Spiderman. Make him a villain before he becomes a supervillain and then bring on the transformation in the third or fourth movie.
So having him be a totally messed up psychopath/sociopath might be preferrable, and I think seeing him put on a public facade might be cool. This would create good tension if the actor plays it right when we know he's doing all these bad things, but Peter doesn't know.

Agreed.

I'd like Norman to hire a lesser villain to get Spidey, and after a couple of failed attempts he turns up as the Goblin mid battle, kills the lesser villain (showing straight away that he isn't one to f*** with) and then spends a few minutes kicking the living sh** out of Spidey.

Then: 'He stole that guys pumpkins!'

'My kidney stones are tingling.'

MJ, on the street, looking at Spidey, says, 'Face it tiger, you just ripped your costume.'

Spidey pulls out a gun and shoots MJ and says, 'Now you're really and angel!'

'We'll meet again, Spider-MAAAAAAAAn.' Then the Goblin flies home to stick his fingers in some pies and some cakes.

Spidey, crying, says, 'Sucks to be you. WHAT have I done?! MaaaAAARRy JAAaaaaaA-- O, chocolate cake.'

--

Okay, only the first paragraph was real and everything else was a JD moment.

I like that idea about Norman hiring lesser villains at first, then taking care of it himself.

I would like to see a slightly altered take on mysterio in a sequel.

Love the idea of Norman Osborn in a Kingpin type role. It's not far off from how he's often been written in the comics.

After reading Andrew Garfield's on how this interpretation of Peter's spider sense works http://www.superherohype.com/news/a...-on-how-spider-dna-affects-peter-parkerspidey I'm really interested to see how the visuals could potentially look like when facing particularly Electro,the Shocker and Mysterio. I guess we'll have to wait and see but I'm expecting something cool.

Max Dillon gets turned into Electro,but can only stay in a puddle of electricity.Osborn gives him the symbiote suit that keeps him held together.The symbiote suit makes Electro evil,it makes him a villain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"