• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

The Attack of Sandman! Visually Amazing!

CrypticOne

Poetic Violence
Reaction score
Spider-Man 3 is shaping up to be a classic. I don't hear alot of Sandman on these boards. I wonder why? He is the main villain of Spider-Man 3, and the biggest threat to Spidey in the movies so far. We probably won't get Venom until the end, and maybe just for 10 minutes.

I've been having this, its not an idea but, something about Sandman. In this movie, can you imagine the impact he will have? Visually and on the story of Spider-Man 3. I wonder what Sam has in store for us when, come May 4, we take our seats in the movie theatre and experience what Sandman will look like when he is attacking Spidey with sand. Can you just imagine Spider-Man dodging sand? Jumping from building to building. It will look amazing, in short ladies and gents. What weapons will Sandman use to destory, or hurt Spidey? Sandman can mold into anything. Can Spidey even match up to Sandman without the help of the symbiote suit? I think, to be realistic, that Venom will be Sandman's undoing. What do you guys see? I'd love to hear your thoughts, your fresh expertese.

I agree... There's a lot of Venom speculation and not a ton about Sandman... This should change.

And having Venom be Sandman's undoing would be interesting, indeed... It would be something new. (As both previous villains have been their own undoing.)

Good post.

I'd like to see Spidey land on Sandman's back at one point, then he'll just let him fall through him, land on the ground beneath him and crush him with a huge sand hand.

post #300!

I figure they have so much sand on set because when he throws a punch at Spidey and it misses, there's going to be a lot of spray, a small explosion of sand. When the fights are done, I bet there'll be small piles of sand here, there, and everywhere.

Enh...not neccessarily. Dramatic effect trumps the non-existant laws of theoretical physics ruling fictional characters.

I like it due to the fact that some view him as a weak character on SM3. To be honest I didn't like the idea at first but I thought about things that you have said and other thoughts and I came to a conclusion.... Sandman can kick a**. I think we will get amazing shots looking and sand man and he throws and the sand and the camera pans around to see spidey get blast with the sand and go flying in the air. One thought I also had was spidey kinda seemed real so far. Like the way they set up the character like green goblin was a combination of a suit and a formula and doc ock haad metal arms like almost weilded to him. I don't know if they can explain a guy running around in a cartoon colorful suit like shocker or electro. Maybe. I like the character but I don't know if movie go-ers are ready to see colorful costumes and characters not as real as the first 2. Maybe I'm totally wrong on this thought. I like the sandman idea tho. :spidey:

Dunno if anyone remembers Clayfaces first appearence on Batman:TAS, but he did an uber cool maneuver when he got slammed into a wall, and rather than turning around, he has his face simply grow from the back of his head and reverses the articulation of his limbs.
Sandman could pull that easy.

Gogo Bananas said:
Dunno if anyone remembers Clayfaces first appearence on Batman:TAS, but he did an uber cool maneuver when he got slammed into a wall, and rather than turning around, he has his face simply grow from the back of his head and reverses the articulation of his limbs.

Yes, this is one of the ideas I had. I also think the sand will come back and reconnect with Sandman, it will crash and fall to the ground, but it will go back to him eventually. I wonder what Spidey will try and do to "break" Sandman apart. Spidey is gonna go crazy fighting this guy, and will probably still have problems fighting him when he gets his symbiote suit.

i wanna see spiderman try to web sandman to something and he just walks right through the webs

I wonder if Sandman can be punched by spidey at certain times like a regular person,and only at certain times spidey's hands go through Sandman's body when Sandman makes his body into sand.

And when Sandman is using his hand as a sand sledgehammer,spidey could shoot a web at it and fling Sandman around with it,since the sledgehammer would be hard as steel.

So I'm sure spidey will be able to fight Sandman instead of just dodging him every time that he confronts him.

Gogo Bananas said:

Sorta sounds like something Robert Patrick did in T-2 when he got slammed into a wall by Arnold. I hope Raimi doesn't use the Mummy movie for inspiration. We may get a Sandman Tornado, or a Sandman Avalanche with THC's face coming out of it in the form of sand type deal chasing people down the streets of New York City etc.

Yurka said:
i wanna see spiderman try to web sandman to something and he just walks right through the webs

I was just thinking of this happening. Yeah, that would be cool to see. Spidey wouldn't know what to do. Just think, Sandman walking toward Spidey with a smirk on his face, after he just walked through the webs. I can just picture the fear on Spidey's face, even though he would be wearing a mask, you can just picture it.

i want to see sandman trap spidey inside himself in an attempt to smother him.

GoldGoblin said:
I wonder if Sandman can be punched by spidey at certain times like a regular person,and only at certain times spidey's hands go through Sandman's body when Sandman makes his body into sand.

And when Sandman is using his hand as a sand sledgehammer,spidey could shoot a web at it and fling Sandman around with it,since the sledgehammer would be hard as steel.

So I'm sure spidey will be able to fight Sandman instead of just dodging him every time that he confronts him.

Yeah, the only time I see Spidey dodging Sandman is when they first meet. Then when Spidey gets the symbiote, Spidey will pull some tricks outta the bag. Just imagine though, when Spidey gets hit with the sand sledgehammer. Thats gotta hurt.

I just wanna see Flink Marko as a monstracity caused by a down pour of rain... I keep on picturing that, as being one of the final fight scenes between Flint and Spidey. :spidey:

The Riddler said:
i want to see sandman trap spidey inside himself in an attempt to smother him.

I remember when clayface did this to batman, it looked awesome even on the cartoon, I wish they have something like this in the movie, that would look freaking amazing

Yurka said:
I remember when clayface did this to batman, it looked awesome even on the cartoon, I wish they have something like this in the movie, that would look freaking amazing
yep!

maybe spidey sticks his arms out and webs some buildings and pulls himself out.

or something...it'd be hard to get out of sandman...:D

They gotta have him pile a bunch of sand on him. I'm saying he'll use a cement truck at the construction fight to take him down, he'll end up outsmarting him.

i first thought that there is some footage from sandman.

i want a scene where sandman and spidey battle, and sandman tries to hit spide with long sand arms, then spidey jumps around and sandman knots himself, only to give spidey a sledgehamemr from his back while shaping into a huge sandstorm that blows sidey down to the streets...
damn that would so rock^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"