Sequels The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord

All Mighty
Reaction score
The Avengers may not have premiered yet, but speculation of sequels never stops so what may the next Avengers movie be about?
Ign says Civil War:
http://uk.comics.ign.com/articles/121/1211036p1.html

There is also many fans ideas of which members the next movie should have:
http://www.**************.com/fan_fic/news/?a=50367

I don't say i agree or disagree with some, Civil war would make a great live action event but it would probably need spider-man, not to mention that more heroes and villains need to be introduced (not saying a civil war movie should adapt the comic page by page, but it would be better for an event like that to feature a world full of heroes and not 6-10), so if something like that happens we will still have to wait some time.

The Avengers 2 was more or less anounced by Marvel as being the end of Phase II, the next movie will probably have more members, who i think are exencial are:

Ant-Man ( Hank Pym)
ant-man_01.jpg

Wasp
Janet_van_Dyne_Earth-616.jpg

If they were to add another member it would be:
Black Panther
black-panther-marvel.jpg

Now for the villains there are a lot of good possibilities:
Skrulls
the-avengers-movie-villains-skrulls.jpg

It's still unknown if Fox still holds the rights of these aliens as they were first Fantastic Four villains, they aparently won't be the villains of the first film as the Loki's army will consist of pirates and criminals of the different 9 realms.

Ultron
Annihilation_Conquest_Vol_1_5_Textless.jpg

Now, this guy would only be able to be in Avengers if Hank was too, it would make sence for Phase II to lead into a Unicron clash if he was at some point being created during the Ant-Man film

Thanos
Thanos_by_Corpse_Warrior.jpg

He may or may not appear in Avengers 1 but an army of the worst criminals of the 9 realms? Thanos had those as his army during his first appearance, it wouldn't be strange it was Thanos who gave Loki his army and returned in a sequel to look for the Infinity Gems.

Kang the Conqueror
165464-129201-kang_super.jpg

He comes from the Future with the purpose to conquer the past, if done right it could be gold, but we'll have to see.

The Liberators
Ultimates_Liberators.jpg

This may be a more difficult suggestion but it's possible, some time ago it was mentioned that The Avengers would take some inspiration from The Ultimates, so why wouldn't the sequel not take inspiration from The Ultimates 2? The Liberators wouldn't have to consist of the same members, in fact, they kind of seemed more like a modern version of the Masters of Evil.
The idea could be interesting to have on film, as an answer to the USA using super people various nations decided to create their oun team and launch an attack on the USA

So, any more ideas of what The Avengers 2 should be about? Any news about the Project? Let's discuss things here

I'd like for Ultron to be the main villain in Avengers 2, with Antman and Wasp becoming Avengers members at the beginning of the film.

I want to see Black Widow returning to being a government agent and Black Panther possibly taking her place giving us "8" Avengers members.

The roster

Captain America
Thor
Iron Man
Hulk
Hawkeye
Antman
Wasp
Black Panther (or they could save him for Avengers 3)

I think it's criminal that the Pyms have been omitted from the first Avengers movie...Hank Pym is one of the fore fathers of the Marvel Universe.

With any luck, he and Jan will be included in Avengers 2...

Yeah me too, even though Hawkeye and Black Widow are pretty cool I'd put Hank and Jan over them anyday.

I want Ant man, wasp, and Black panther for Avengers 2.

There are way to many characters involved that Marvel doesn't own to pull off a Civil War. On top of that, I think there is way to much exposition leading up to the split, and if they tried to fill that and the civil war into one movie, it'd be a huge crapfest, in my humble opinion.
As for an A2 movie:
I'd like to see Edgar Wright get off his "this is an origin story in the 60s" bit and just switch Pym from 60s to present and put his movie out in-between A1 and A2, then you can lead into Ultron with no problem.

Civil War was itself a huge crapfest. Seriously, it was the most Godawful event story I'd ever read until Grant Morrison's horrifically bad Final Crisis came along and claimed the crown. Putting it into film with a tenth of the characters and without the years of history between the characters can only take what was an already terrible story and make it worse.

And just consider how much damage it inflicted to all of the characters in the comics universe. How many years it took to undo all of that. How long people spent hating Iron Man and others. You put that into a movie and you're pretty much killing the Marvel film franchise. So no thank you to a live adaptation of Civil War. I sincerely hope that anybody who even puts forward that idea will receive a severe drubbing with a rubber hose.

Fear Itself was god-awful too, the only thing I enjoyed out of that was the Spider-Man Tie-In.

I wouldn't mind seeing the return of the Red Skull at some point. Hugo Weaving was good in that role, imo

Last edited:
Who should play Kang, if they go that route in TA2? Viggo Mortensen anyone?

I want to see an Ant-man and Black Panther and each should have there own film.

I have very little background involving the Liberators....however a team vs team movie would be very cool.

civil war I don't think will work, I think you need an identifiable villain.

I don't know what is meant by 'smaller' however Kang the Conqueror seems to be the opposite of that....which is okay with me

I think Civil War may work if there was a 3-4th movie. It would have to be with less characters. Certainly wouldn't work with 2nd. I think Kang would be brilliant, and a great opertunity to introduce more characters.

Ugh, no. Civil War ranks down there with the Sentry in things I don't want to see in the MCU. To make it happen at all would require at least some people in the setting to get giant raging brain-ectomies. I like things just fine where the government *isn't* filled entirely by evil morons.

Yeah, I read something where Feige mentioned Civil War again. I hope they don't do it.

I personally liked Chaos War a lot. It would be an interesting adaptation if they could pull that off.

I'd like for Ultron to be the main villain in Avengers 2, with Antman and Wasp becoming Avengers members at the beginning of the film.

I want to see Black Widow returning to being a government agent and Black Panther possibly taking her place giving us "8" Avengers members.

The roster

Captain America
Thor
Iron Man
Hulk
Hawkeye
Antman
Wasp
Black Panther

I like this, just no Iron Man & Doc Strange in place of Hulk.

I like this, just no Iron Man & Doc Strange in place of Hulk.

I don't know, I want to see Iron Man getting his armors hacked by Ultron and reverting back to his Mark I suit like he did in the comics & EMH.

Can I just get this out here:NO PLANET HULK.

Agreed. There is absolutely no reason for anybody to try and banish Hulk to another planet. Not when he's gaining control over his situation, and able to keep it relatively safe.

Also, I'd rather not see Dr Strange as part of the Avengers. Let him be his own thing. Besides, what business would he even have their if they are fighting someone like Ultron?

Don't you mean, what business would Ultron have fighting Doc Strange? He'd just banish him to another dimension. Strange is, well, was one of the most powerful heroes on Marvel Earth. The only Avenger that could stand a chance against him is Thor. Strange basically used to be a deus ex machina.

Dr Strange should be the guy the Avengers call when they need help with a threat they can't handle.

Last edited:
Yeah, strange shouldn't be in an Avengers film. Have him established in the universe, but keep him and Avengers separate. I would love to see a Wong/Strange vs. Dormammu fight at some point.

I'd like Pym to get established in an Ant-Man movie, then replace Hulk in the Avengers sequel (but as Giant-Man/Goliath). Happy with any of the big-time villains above - Kang, Ultron, Thanos - or the Kree-Skrull war which would be awesome.

And obviously no Civil War, not least because it wouldn't be much of a war when they've only established about 6 heroes....

Yeah, put Dr. Strange in the Avengers movies as supporting cast, someone who they go to for help with something, but has far too much going on to be able to help. Someone they fail to recruit, because there's really no in-universe reason not to recruit him.

Is the rumoured FF movie going to be Marvel Studios?

Is the rumoured FF movie going to be Marvel Studios?

Depends on how soon Fox decides to ACTUALLY make a FF film.

Right now, they just have different writers writing up scripts in the usual modus operandi that studios use.

The rights might go the Marvel though.

I expect that Spidey, however, will revert soon.

If not, expect a partnership (which may or may not already exist).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"