The Batman: Eternal weekly review and discussion thread

It could've been Hush...but he doesn't look like Bruce in the New 52, and obviously he's out of play.

Clayface would be interesting...but he's out of play too I believe thanks to Poison Ivy and Catwoman. Also, he would've only been a pawn as well.

Lincoln March would be interesting...I honestly don't know who else to guess.

As opposed to the whole hardened, veteran hero saves the day being original?

testing

the veteran hero saving the day is the statu quo, so it doesn't have to be original. On the other hand, when you introduce your new hero, it's an event, and in that regard, I think there are more interesting to do than this. :shr:

Well, well... Looks like it's been [BLACKOUT]Ra's al Ghul[/BLACKOUT] all along... :whatever:

I think it's misdirection. He obviously played a role, but I don't see him being the big bad.

But if its not Ra's, then who is it? Hush was believable because he did to this scale before (Pre New-52 of course), Riddler was believable because of what happened in Zero Year. If not them, then how can it not be Ra's?

This is nearing the end, it can't afford many more misdirects, and the main guy has to be an established Batman villain, else what's the point?

It would make sense that Snyder would want to end it with March imo.

I slowly get the feeling snyder forgot who he planned the villian to be.
Eternal drags out for too long now imo.

The final arc should have started with capturing hush, now much feels like a filler.

I agree that Eternal is not as great as it should have been, and it lost a lot of focus, which results in a really bad pacing. That said, most of it was really entertaining and intense to me and I'm still looking forward to the climax.

Well, it wasn't [BLACKOUT]Ra's[/BLACKOUT] after all. :whatever: :hehe:

Though, ****'s about to get real. Hopefully real soon because there's only a few issues left...

Yeah it does seem like it is dragging on. Hopefully it ends well. I knew going into the event there would be different artists etc but the different art loses me sometimes. Anyone else feel that way?

I'm with Batman, who else is left? We know it's not Joker, it can't be cause of Snyder. The only villain, who I can think of, that MIGHT be able to do this is Two-Face, cause he hasn't been seen this entire time. But it doesn't fit in my mind.

Who else is out there that can do this to this level? Barring a Top-tier game-changing twist, I don't know if I'll be happy with whoever is doing this.

I'm still going with [BLACKOUT]Lincoln March[/BLACKOUT] or [BLACKOUT]Earth-3's Owlman[/BLACKOUT].

Yeah it does seem like it is dragging on. Hopefully it ends well. I knew going into the event there would be different artists etc but the different art loses me sometimes. Anyone else feel that way?
Yeah, I think they should go with 2-3 pencillers at most (with similar style) for Year 2.

Yup, i remember one issue in which i suddenly alfred looked completely different.
For some time i thought it was a minor plot character:D

Eternal is at the same time snyders best and snyders worst.
It has all the good things and all the bad things snyder is known for.

If he drags it out any longer, the conclusion will drag the whole story down.
Im pretty sure that we will be dissapointed when we find out who is behind all.

I was really digging all the earlier stuff with Gates and Hush and then the stuff under Arkham with batwing and spectre lost me. But I love blue bird always wanna see more of her.

James Tynion mentioned in an interview with MTV that there are still a couple of more twists and turns within the next 2 issues, Im still expecting someone like Harvey Dent or Owlman

Yeah...wasn't expecting that. I think there will be one final twist. But who knows?...you know, except for the writers and artists...and the bigwigs at DC...

I think cluemaster is basically second in command. He is what hush was in hush, and there is a big bad behind him. After all, steph did say bruce wayne was giving orders to her father.

Yeah, he's probably a red herring before the big reveal...

Still, can't wait to see Steph spoil her father's "plans." :awesome:

yeah, and then that interaction between Cluemaster and Steph a few issues ago seemed to indicate the presence of another person as well.

That last page! :awesome:

Yes! Hahaha!

Cluemaster explanation did make sense, and I was ok with the whole "see, you were so preoccupied with your A-list villians that you forgot about us". It was fun. I'm also ok with March stepping in now. Granted, it doesn't come off as a surprise, but it's not a bad thing. It makes sense for him to come back at this point. Like omst of you, I'm still hoping for a Mach/Hurt team-up.... And I'm quite sure we will get it.

Overall, the writers managed to keep us guessing and interested for one year and 52 issues. It's no small feats. Some issues really felt like filler to me, but overall, Eternal has been a really really fun ride.​

Well look who was wrong jumping to conclusions getting upset over nothing haha.
I hate red herrings. :o :hehe:

Cluemaster explanation did make sense, and I was ok with the whole "see, you were so preoccupied with your A-list villians that you forgot about us". It was fun. I'm also ok with March stepping in now. Granted, it doesn't come off as a surprise, but it's not a bad thing. It makes sense for him to come back at this point. Like omst of you, I'm still hoping for a Mach/Hurt team-up.... And I'm quite sure we will get it.

Overall, the writers managed to keep us guessing and interested for one year and 52 issues. It's no small feats. Some issues really felt like filler to me, but overall, Eternal has been a really really fun ride.
Yup. :up: This was my first weekly and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Though, I'm still not sure if I'll be getting Eternal: Year 2 (based around We Are Robin from what I've read).

The only thing I didn't like was harper row. After saving the sidekicks, she's also made so much better than spoiler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"