BvS The Batsuit Thread - - - Part 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

John-An

Wonder Fingers!
Reaction score
I'm in shock right now, so I made this poll to see what people think about the new beastsuit I mean batsuit :D

It's meh for me. I don't like the blocky Batsymbol, the seemingly stiff cowl (judging by how the neck seems rigid), and the short ears look weird. Despite having the cool black-grey colour scheme, I can't help but feel disappointed with this suit.

If we get a better angle of the batsuit maybe my mind will be changed.

I like it I just want to see it with a little bit more clarity before I say it's the best. But I believe it will be the best

It's meh for me. I don't like the blocky Batsymbol, the seemingly stiff cowl (judging by how the neck seems rigid), and the short ears look weird. Despite having the cool black-grey colour scheme, I can't help but feel disappointed with this suit.

If we get a better angle of the batsuit maybe my mind will be changed.

giphy.gif

Best Batman suit ever so far. Best we could have hoped for...maybe even better than that. Looks like it's black and gray, can't wait to see a color image of it. Love the cape and cowl and how the gloves are...love the texture to the suit. Love the friggin belt. I like cowl, it has a semi old school vibe to it. I like that we can see the damn symbol on his chest and that it stands out and doesn't look robotic-y. The suit looks tough yet somewhat cloth like, not rubber or "armor" finally, it looks like fabric (fabric that's bullet, flame, and shock proof to a degree like the comics Batman). Visually, this is Batman. :up:

It looks like the best Batsuit.

My only nitpick is the rubbery neck might not alllow Batman to turn his head.

None of this stuff is realistic or practical in real life. Nolan, whoever. As long as the actor will be okay inside the suit, I don't care how they make it or what it looks like as long as it looks like Batman. He's not REALLY going to fight crime in it. Nobody could. I just want to see a good Batman movie, it's entertainment and I know that.

None of this stuff is realistic or practical in real life. Nolan, whoever. As long as the actor will be okay inside the suit, I don't care how they make it or what it looks like as long as it looks like Batman. He's not REALLY going to fight crime in it. Nobody could. I just want to see a good Batman movie, it's entertainment and I know that.

Why settle for "okay"? Giving the actor full range of motion while in the suit helps the audience buy into the fact that this could happen in real life (whether it's realistic or not). None of the Batmen have been able to show that their actions were possible (and their action scenes felt very heavy).

My only issues are the choice of Bat symbol and the ears being a little too short for my liking (though I get that they're going for a TDKReturns look).
I love how the suit has a worn-out look to it with the scratches, the texture looks great and I like the creases too; they seem to really accentuate Affleck's physique (even if part of it is a muscle suit to make him look bigger).

I love it! Batlfeck standing along side the batmobile just scream "BATMAN" to me.

Why settle for "okay"? Giving the actor full range of motion while in the suit helps the audience buy into the fact that this could happen in real life (whether it's realistic or not). None of the Batmen have been able to show that their actions were possible (and their action scenes felt very heavy).

He should be able to do all that but the suit should first and foremost look like Batman. Keaton's action scenes were really good in the '89 film, but they had acrobats and belly dancers in his costume performing stunts. They looked great.

The suit looks great. I like the short ears too.

Those who voted "Meh" are clearly grappling with deep-rooted psychological issues.

He should be able to do all that but the suit should first and foremost look like Batman. Keaton's action scenes were really good in the '89 film, but they had acrobats and belly dancers in his costume performing stunts. They looked great.

I disagree with both notions, I think range of movement should come first. It's not difficult to nail the imagery of Batman when it comes to designing the suit. As for Keaton, I never really got the sense that he could move comfortably in the suit, which took me out of the action scenes (the same goes for Bale in TDKT), the worse being the body turn.

Do you not realize how potentially light-weight this new suit could be? If his musculature body suit is similar in weight to Cavill's, then this Batman is going to move like we've never seen before.

Keaton still looked stiff during action scenes. There was also a limit to what counter-attacks he could use.

Batman 89's action scenes only work because the bad guys would have very showy attacks by flailing their weapons or exaggerating their punches.

Do you not realize how potentially light-weight this new suit could be? If his musculature body suit is similar in weight to Cavill's, then this Batman is going to move like we've never seen before.

I'd wait and see what the body suit can do since we don't really know what material was used to create it. However, I wouldn't forget about the cowl. It looks like they're still using stiff materials, which means that Ben could have a hard time turning his neck, which in turn, can hurt the quality of the action scenes.

I don't love how short the ears are, but even that isn't too much of a big deal to me. I think the suit is incredible.

'89 is a great ****ing movie and fantastic piece of entertainment. Like a waltz. I'm always immersed when I watch it.

I'm fine with whatever movements a guy can make as long as he looks like Batman. Head turn or not. He'd be just as dead in real life. I think the new suit will allow the actor to move fine.

It looks good, a merger of a few versions of the costume
I will need to see more to judge

I'd wait and see what the body suit can do since we don't really know what material was used to create it. However, I wouldn't forget about the cowl. It looks like they're still using stiff materials, which means that Ben could have a hard time turning his neck, which in turn, can hurt the quality of the action scenes.

LOL, you have no idea what material they've used/developed for the cowl. Why would they make craft a cowl that limits his head moblity? Doesn't make sense.

The Batman films, in terms of costuming, have been working on a trial-by-error basis, especially in terms of mobility. There's no doubt that this new Batsuit will likely be the most advanced and perfected version we've seen yet. I don't even know why you'd be worried about his movement at all..

The muscle suit in MoS was virtually undetectable compared to SR so I see no reason why Batman's would be any different...I hope they can get some range of motion in that cowl. If they do have a lighter weight material, something more foam-like than solid rubber, they might be able to show that he can move his neck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"