I Want to Turn My Head: The Batsuit Thread

Honestly, that is the only dinge I can give the Pattinson suit...

A draped cape is too rad;

tumblr_n21sr6svts1s2wio8o1_500.gif

cb5923c958ada7cbd26b4ad5b79e5014981d005b.gif

tumblr_pe7tj6y1mw1w3qc55o3_540.gif

80473d1a24714efcc8cf4608d09ec080a5e9ff64.gif

Yeah, as weird as it sounds

Batman cape goes over shoulders

Superman cape flows out from back

It just makes sense

Yeah, as weird as it sounds

Batman cape goes over shoulders

Superman cape flows out from back

It just makes sense

indeed! I always also felt like it should be able to almost fully encompass the front. I see it as more of a cloak than a cape - and a nod to the detective’s trench coat.

The current batsuit is absolute perfection imo. If they were to upgrade it I think they should go in the same direction as the Telltale suit. It’s more advanced in tech and materials but looks like it can still fit in the world they built.

3EDB3894-A3BD-4CBB-B206-426A4275489F.png

I’m sure an update is coming but does anyone want the exact same suit.
I don’t, but I don’t know if it would bother me at the end of the day.

I think an obvious upgrade that was foreshadowed in the first movie would be the inclusion of smoke bombs.

Who really wants to wear the same outfit/uniform everyday for the rest of their lives? Especially if they can afford to upgrade it.

Truth be told you wonder why he'd even change the suit. The OG took a shotgun blast at point blank range.

Yeah, the philosophy absolutely should be upgrading the current suit rather than starting from scratch ala Begins to TDK suit. We should be able to see the original suit in the new one, just with some noticeable upgrades to it for the tech in the first movie which didn't work as planned. New cape, new utility belt with new gadgets, potentially a new symbol with more armouring the chest itself as Bruce's attempt to lessen the blow next time he casually gets a shotgun shell yeeted into it. Keep everything else as is

Seeing the general approval of this suit, I don't think they'll change it completely... and there's no need to it, it's already a great suit, just some minor upgrades and we all'll be happy.

Yeah, the philosophy absolutely should be upgrading the current suit rather than starting from scratch ala Begins to TDK suit. We should be able to see the original suit in the new one, just with some noticeable upgrades to it for the tech in the first movie which didn't work as planned. New cape, new utility belt with new gadgets, potentially a new symbol with more armouring the chest itself as Bruce's attempt to lessen the blow next time he casually gets a shotgun shell yeeted into it. Keep everything else as is
Agreed. I kinda liked how in Dark Knight you could see Batman figuring out what changes he needed as he became more experienced. You're never going to get a suit right from the jump.

I love the bodysuit but absolutely hate the mouth opening and the cowl itself. I know it has a lot of fans but I think the cowl is ugly as sin. I hope the emblem adds two ears as well.

The current batsuit is absolute perfection imo. If they were to upgrade it I think they should go in the same direction as the Telltale suit. It’s more advanced in tech and materials but looks like it can still fit in the world they built.

View attachment 63562

This suit I generated using AI is reminiscent of this. I’m not sure if it’s too sleek for this universe, though.

1905EE63-A2B5-4A7A-A7AB-85010EF38B77.png

I absolutely love The Batman suit and want them to keep 99% of it. The only real change I want to see is a cape that can do this. We've yet to have a live action cape that can fully close and completely cover the costume.

are-there-any-mods-on-pc-that-make-batmans-cape-do-the-thing-v0-bgyopsh37n2a1.jpg

Batman completely wrapped in his cape is just such a cool visual, especially in scenes like the first crime scene in The Batman, and you could do some cool sleight of hand tricks where you can't see what Batman's hands are doing.

I would also like to see some proper arm blades, but other than those two things I would keep the suit exactly the same.

Last edited:
I absolutely love The Batman suit and want them to keep 99% of it. The only real change I want to see is a cape that can do this.

are-there-any-mods-on-pc-that-make-batmans-cape-do-the-thing-v0-bgyopsh37n2a1.jpg

Batman completely wrapped in his cape is just such a cool visual, especially in scenes like the first crime scene in The Batman, and you could do some cool sleight of hand tricks where you can't see what Batman's hands are doing.

I would also like to see some proper arm blades, but other than those two things I would keep the suit exactly the same.
1ELK.gif

I absolutely love The Batman suit and want them to keep 99% of it. The only real change I want to see is a cape that can do this. We've yet to have a live action cape that can fully close and completely cover the costume.

There must be a practical reason as to why this isn't possible to do, otherwise I cannot wrap my head around the fact that nobody has done this yet.

It goes so against Matt's entire philosophy of practicality for this batsuit so I don't think he'll ever do it.

If you follow the kind of narrative logic Reeves is, you'd have to imagine that the suit is not going to change a whole hell of lot - other than in practical areas, where Bruce would naturally streamline and upgrade elements. I can see the wingsuit being replaced by the more usual paraglider cape for instance, as we saw in the first film that the wingsuit wasn't a great success.

Maybe it'll become a little less overtly militaristic in keeping with Bruce's changed philosophy away from purely wanting to be an agent of vengeance.

Frankly, I'm happy with any changes that feel right for the progression of the character as begun in the first movie.

I'm thinking the wingsuit changes, he develops a different way to store the ammo on his gauntlets so those get smoothed down. Then like mentioned above he tones down the militaristic pieces like a new belt.

It goes so against Matt's entire philosophy of practicality for this batsuit so I don't think he'll ever do it.

I kinda think the perfect middle ground would be where it's over the shoulders ala the Arkham suit and you can potentially explain that via his upgraded gliding capabilities on some level. Can't really glide very well if your cape's coming out your back rather than draping over your shoulders

It should remain untouched, it's iconic for Battinson. I agree with the wrist gauntlets looking a tad bulky but everything else should stay the same. Love the pointy thin ears, but wouldn't hate if they were made to be thicker. Love the handmade military look, the tactical Bat emblem is too cool to get rid of. If anything a slight new colour, darker?

Now that Batman wants to become a symbol of hope for Gotham's citizens do you guys think there will be any changes to the uniform to reflect this evolution?

I think a yellow outline similar to that of Rebirth would look great on this costume, and the Batsuit from the first film already has several small yellow details spread across it, so it wouldn't be like coming out of nowhere, and could be justified with Batman wanting to highlight the bat symbol to make it more recognizable to citizens, perhaps? Idk, I just think it would look awesome.
E3ISUUyWQAg_DUg.jpg

Just like this neat concept art. Looks great
upload_2023-9-9_17-32-22.png

I still stand by this being the best live action batsuit we’ve ever had. Everything from the materials to the geometry is perfect. If they were to make any changes I’d want them to be to the same degree as Captain America’s costume evolution from The First Avenger to his final battle suit from The Winter Soldier.IMG_0031.jpeg
One being a streamlined version of the other while still keeping the same aesthetic language. Perfect concept to apply to the next batsuit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"