The Dark Knight Rises The BB3 Batsuit Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure he's gonna have a new fresh look, maybe even improved. Im looking forward to seeing what he looks like.

I'm sure he's gonna have a new fresh look, maybe even improved. Im looking forward to seeing what he looks like.

:up:

That's a rare attitude. :funny:

I don't get how it's okay for the heroes to have loads of radical costume changes in the comics, but in the movies the tiniest deviation is a blasphemy and an outrage. :whatever:

@ Spidey and TDK suits: I just don't understand why a fresh take on the suit is a bad thing. It looks cool, imo. Artists should be allowed to change things up now and then.
It wouldnt have been so bad if the suit looked different but good.
Well, from what's going on at the Spidey boards, I think it's safe to say that the Webb Spidey suit is the new TDK suit.
What are they saying? Is there a ****storm going on?

keatonno.png
:lmao:

Haha. Being a Batman fan, I'm so numb to the whole costume issue.

Having grown up with Batman89 and onward, I never knew such a thing as a truly accurate costume. So for them to be complaining about the new Spidey suit, I'm looking at it and thinking "well, it's blue and red! Isn't that a start?" The details seem so minor in comparison to anything Batman has ever gotten.

Yeah--I was saying to craigdb that, while I understand not liking the costume, they got nearly ten years of the best comic-accurate costume that's ever been seen, while over here on the bat-boards, our future is rendered in black rubber, forever and ever.

My opinion of the new Spidey suit is based on the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" rule.

JAK®;19555823 said:
My opinion of the new Spidey suit is based on the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" rule.

Some people had issues with Raimi's Spidey suit though.

I don't get how it's okay for the heroes to have loads of radical costume changes in the comics, but in the movies the tiniest deviation is a blasphemy and an outrage. :whatever:

I've been asking myself that for many years now!,Not just costumes but also with origins/characters/few minor changes.....Since that happens in the comics all the damn time!

That would be because radical changes in comics rarely ever stick, and minor changes, provided they are good, are the ones that are usually accepted. The same goes for movies.

JAK®;19555823 said:

Perhaps,But the new suit is also at least very accurate from one of the Spidey comics!,not the classic look But someone posted some pages from an issue(Spiderman:The Great Responsibility2,I think it's called)and it's like 98%perfect from it!

The suit in that comic is his wrestling suit though,But then again....we don't know 100% for sure that those set pics are his real or wrestling suit,same with the official released pic!

The comic's "With Great Power" and, ironically, this makes the suit 95% faithful to that comic.

JAK®;19555896 said:
That would be because radical changes in comics rarely ever stick, and minor changes, provided they are good, are the ones that are usually accepted. The same goes for movies.

exactly. Most of the iconic superheroes...Superman, Batman and Spider-man have gone thru various costume changes and they always go back to their iconic look. It would be cool to see Electric Blue Superman in a movie but I want to see the iconic suit Superman. It would be awesome to see 2099 Spider-man but if we are showing Peter Parker it needs to be the iconic red and blues.

JAK®;19555823 said:

Same..... it was a perfect interp. No need for a retooling, and yet we got that jazzed up 2099 looking thing.

Not my cup of tea.

JAK®;19555896 said:

Do you really think this suit is anything more than a one-timer? Just like in the comics, they're merely stretching their artistic legs for a bit.

We'll have the classic suit again, obviously. There's no way around it.

Same..... it was a perfect interp. No need for a retooling, and yet we got that jazzed up 2099 looking thing.

Not my cup of tea.

2099 doesn't look anything like that. The only similarity is that the red arm stripes are thinner on both suits. Otherwise, they're completely different.

Anyway, this is a Batman thread. :oldrazz:

Do you really think this suit is anything more than a one-timer? Just like in the comics, they're merely stretching their artistic legs for a bit.

We'll have the classic suit again, obviously. There's no way around it.
I don't remember claiming that the suit has ruined Spider-Man forever.

The thing is in the comics 'stretching their artistic legs' works because the comic comes out every month. The films come out every three years, or not at all. The movie could end up sucking and then there would be no Spidey movies.

JAK®;19557666 said:
The movie could end up sucking and then there would be no Spidey movies.

Yeah, like we saw happen with Batman & Robin. There were no more Batman films after that.

:oldrazz:

A better comparison would be if BB had sucked, since the next Spiderman movie is a needless reboot.

A better comparison would be if BB had sucked, since the next Spiderman movie is a needless reboot.

That's extremely debatable. :funny:

The point is, a franchise rebirth will always be around the corner if there's enough demand for it. Spidey fits that category just like Superman and Batman always have.

Yes, but the circumstances were a bit different. Batman and Robin was hated by everyone, and fans had to wait for eight years before Batman Begins set things straight. Spiderman 3 wasn't much loved, but it didn't make a decent sequel an impossibility, and a reboot is arriving five years later. I think that, with Batman and Robin, everyone felt that nothing could be worse. That's not the case with Spiderman 3.

Anyway, I want Batman to wear a grey fabric suit. Ner ner.

OK so maybe SM3 did suck but why reboot? Keep the story going. Does SM3's suckage mean that SM4 couldnt have been a masterpiece? Wasnt the franchise solid enough to withstand one failure?

Though to be honest the franchise kinda sucked for more reasons than SM3 itself, like MJ, the drama and all that. Perhaps it was time for something fresher, i'm just saying that they could have put one failure behind them.

And SM4 had all the potential to suck more than SM3. The script certainly did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"