• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Dark Knight Viral Marketing for BB3

The best would be just a viral, it wouldn't really make sense, keep it majorly under wraps, kind of like how everyone only thought two-face was at the end of hte movie...then have all the virals be a riddle, ta-da the riddler, you could keep him out of the trailers, and still have enough drama (i'd hope comparing it to tdk), as well as keep it a surprise that riddler is the main bad guy.

The best would be just a viral, it wouldn't really make sense, keep it majorly under wraps, kind of like how everyone only thought two-face was at the end of hte movie...then have all the virals be a riddle, ta-da the riddler, you could keep him out of the trailers, and still have enough drama (i'd hope comparing it to tdk), as well as keep it a surprise that riddler is the main bad guy.

Man, is this Robin Williams talking here? Is there somebody there that can slap you real quick and make you slow down and explain yourself more?

sigh. Totally went to check WIHD.com.....just in case

i posted a thread without knowledge of this one, so here are my ideas:

we all know that the Joker Virals began with Harvey Dent's campaign poster, now let's have some ideas for if/when the Riddler's virals start. I'll start with mine:

Instead of focusing on Gotham's politicians, the virals would begin with Wayne Enterprises, and slowly reveal the Riddler's background (possibly as a disgruntled former Wayne Enterprises employee?)

so, we begin with the emergence of http://www.wayne-enterprises.com

one of the sections is Restricted Access, but if you register to receive Wayne Enterprises updates, you receive a mysterious email from "[email protected]" that gives you the necessary access code. You are then able to access Applied Sciences and see specs for a new military vehicle (possibly the next incarnation of the Tumbler, or the Batwing, who knows?)

Eventually, "[email protected]" becomes "[email protected]" and our goal becomes apparent: the Riddler wants us to help him bring Wayne Enterprises to its knees.

We then receive updates from Gotham Cable News and the Gotham Times, detailing Bruce Wayne's financial problems.

The Gotham Times is defaced but with a syfer. Kinda like the Zodiac

i posted a thread without knowledge of this one, so here are my ideas:

we all know that the Joker Virals began with Harvey Dent's campaign poster, now let's have some ideas for if/when the Riddler's virals start. I'll start with mine:

Instead of focusing on Gotham's politicians, the virals would begin with Wayne Enterprises, and slowly reveal the Riddler's background (possibly as a disgruntled former Wayne Enterprises employee?)

so, we begin with the emergence of http://www.wayne-enterprises.com

one of the sections is Restricted Access, but if you register to receive Wayne Enterprises updates, you receive a mysterious email from "[email protected]" that gives you the necessary access code. You are then able to access Applied Sciences and see specs for a new military vehicle (possibly the next incarnation of the Tumbler, or the Batwing, who knows?)

Eventually, "[email protected]" becomes "[email protected]" and our goal becomes apparent: the Riddler wants us to help him bring Wayne Enterprises to its knees.

We then receive updates from Gotham Cable News and the Gotham Times, detailing Bruce Wayne's financial problems.

Although I admire your enthusiasm, oh great...you've already planned it out

:p Would the Riddler want to bring WE down then? I want more chaos...

;)

Although I admire your enthusiasm, oh great...you've already planned it out

:p Would the Riddler want to bring WE down then? I want more chaos...

;)

damn you danb!!!

haha i kid i kid.

Actually, i'm basing off the idea of giving Bruce Wayne a personal antagonist, as opposed to Batman having one (a la Joker in TDK). I figure that Edward Nashton was a former Wayne Enterprises employee who decides that, since WE is essentially Gotham's financial foundation, the best way to bring Gotham to its knees is to bring Bruce and Wayne Enterprises to their knees as well. Given that Nashton has an insanely high IQ, he can easily cripple WE's infrastructure, and cause Bruce some (in his mind) well-deserved humiliation while at the same time bending the whole city to his will. Kind of like an over-the-top cyber Marquis de Sade if you get me.

damn you danb!!!

haha i kid i kid.

Actually, i'm basing off the idea of giving Bruce Wayne a personal antagonist, as opposed to Batman having one (a la Joker in TDK). I figure that Edward Nashton was a former Wayne Enterprises employee who decides that, since WE is essentially Gotham's financial foundation, the best way to bring Gotham to its knees is to bring Bruce and Wayne Enterprises to their knees as well. Given that Nashton has an insanely high IQ, he can easily cripple WE's infrastructure, and cause Bruce some (in his mind) well-deserved humiliation while at the same time bending the whole city to his will. Kind of like an over-the-top cyber Marquis de Sade if you get me.
I like the sound of that.

i would like black mask as the villian and the viral could be somthing to do with his rise in gotham and he could be the person that has harvey dent. so it could start off where is harvey dent and has it goes on we will get items to do with people that could be behind it. but we will only find out when we watch the film.

damn you danb!!!

haha i kid i kid.

Okaay, that's a little more interesting. I mean also, what sources are there that still exist that might still be trying to bring Gotham back to the days when it began...that would link to BB as an Arch.

Tell you something, we're all going to be buggered if nothing else ever happens and especially if Nolan doesn't do it...!

I like that too, but I still prefer a movie plot in which we don't know the Riddler's identity until the end of the film. More detective work wouldn't harm. :woot:

Viral marketing is a must for the third film...Especially if Warner bros. wants to kick ass (hopefully Titanic's) in the box-office...So many things you could do with the Riddler if he's the villain...But viral marketing really all depends on who the villain is...

All of these ideas are really cool, I am REALLY hoping they do a viral for the next film. The one for TDK was one of the most exciting experiences i've ever had tied to a movie, hahah. I like the idea of the riddler being involved, I agree there could be some potential issues in bringing his character into the mix - but as shown here, there are also ways to work around that.
I can't deny that I want to see Selina Kyle as a love interest

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"