• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Dark Knight Rises Your Ideal Batsuit

Boom

I got nothin'
Reaction score
I made a thread like this a long time ago, and I got a few very creative responses (special mention goes to lujho).

Alright, paint this scenario: You've been chosen to direct a Batman Begins sequel. You are allowed to make WHATEVER creative choices you want in terms of the batsuit.

The purpose of this thread is for you guys to share your ideas in terms of how you'd make the suit in a sequel. There is just one restriction.

YOU CAN NOT JUST SAY "I'D KEEP THE SUIT THE WAY IT WAS." IF THAT'S HOW YOU HONESTLY FEEL, I'D APPRECIATE IT IF YOU DIDN'T POST.

This thread is solely for ideas on how to CHANGE the suit. Your ideas can range from a complete overhaul of the suit to just minor changes of it. Share your opinions and creative ideas. I'll post mine later.

Get rid of the clasps that hold the cape, tweak the mask a bit. Nothing major.

I would like to see some combination of the present Begins suit and the comics suit. Nothing major, just change the coloration and make it look a little less "techy".

I'd darken the mask and bat symbol to the color of the cape (or make changes to the material so that it reflected light the same and appeared darker). I'd keep the clasps though, I like the idea of Batman being able to quickly dispatch of his cape should the need arise.

Also, nipples.

i would have grappling ropes shoot out of the greave/arm guard. not really long ones, like the magnetic cable gun, but shorter ones for scaling a room. also, i would make some changes too the mask, but just little ones, like longer ears. also, make it easier for alfred to talk to him, like have him be always in touch thru like a phone in the mask, not as walkie talkie ish

The comics style suit is the best version of the Costume. If they could somehow combine the look of the Batman Dead End suit with Batman 89's Version of the suit I think it would totally rock.

I think that the utility belt should be black, not yellow or gold!

I preaty much agree with the techno bat

I like the head of 89's mask with the eyebrows deep and face flat

I'd keep the way the symbol is in begins but make it matt black so it stands out more(I know i said in another thread that this is strategically stupid but this IS a film and I think it should be more prominant)

I prefere the gloves/gauntlets from the original with crome cone type things

I think the begins body armour is fine as it is but I'd add little bat sybols on each of the deltoids (I know this is a minor detail but you would see them in shot when batz lifts someone up over his head like in nearly all bat films/comics

I don't like the shoulder clasps I prefere the cape under the mask.

as for the cape it's self I don't think i'd have the fuzzy velvet-esque material I'd want it to look like a continuation of the mask (like in 89) but I wouldn't have it as stiff (89 again) but very flowing like begins with the glider minus the fur!

Is that direct enough? No? Well I like the metal belt in begins so ner ner ner ner ner!

batadz said:
I preaty much agree with the techno bat

I like the head of 89's mask with the eyebrows deep and face flat

I'd keep the way the symbol is in begins but make it matt black so it stands out more(I know i said in another thread that this is strategically stupid but this IS a film and I think it should be more prominant)

I prefere the gloves/gauntlets from the original with crome cone type things

I think the begins body armour is fine as it is but I'd add little bat sybols on each of the deltoids (I know this is a minor detail but you would see them in shot when batz lifts someone up over his head like in nearly all bat films/comics

I don't like the shoulder clasps I prefere the cape under the mask.

as for the cape it's self I don't think i'd have the fuzzy velvet-esque material I'd want it to look like a continuation of the mask (like in 89) but I wouldn't have it as stiff (89 again) but very flowing like begins with the glider minus the fur!

Is that direct enough? No? Well I like the metal belt in begins so ner ner ner ner ner!

Thank You, you went in to better detail than I did, and did it really well :up:

black belt

darker symbol/mask

squarer cut to the bottem of the cowl.
Angled sides like in TAS
batmananim.jpg

rather than sloped like in Begins
batmanbegins_review.jpg

(basically just show more of his jaw/chin)

I say keep the gold belt, it looks cool
Darken the suit a little, make the cowl alot more like the TAS one, and have the cape and cowl be one piece, the cape falling in front of the shoulders most of the time:
capeandcowl.jpg

I considered saying they shouldve put white lenses in his eyes (a la the Daredevil mask) but I like Bale's eyes. They are the eys of the Bat.

I would keep the clamps but make them small and round.

Cowl would lose some thickness in the cheek and neck area, straighten the ears. Slighty expand the mouth opening.

Slightly gloss the symbol so it stand out more.

Add some texture to parts of the body suit.

Put scallops on the cape; the cape itself would be made of something similar to the Superman Returns cape, looks hard but flows in the wind.

The Cowl:
**There's no chance of this happening, but I'll throw out the idea of using a prosthetic cowl. As seen in the Arkham Scene, it looks badass, and allows a free range of motion in the neck.**
-Slightly reduce the "hunchback" look of the neck.
-Decrease the width of the cowl jawbone to reduce the "cone-head" effect of the cowl.
-Keep the ears at the back of the head and keep them curved forward, but straighten the ears so they aren't bending inward.
-Make the back of the head more rounded instead of sharp.
-Add silver lenses.
-Paint the cowl with a slightly glossy, black paint.
-Improve overall flexibility/mobility and reduce creasing as much as possible.

The Suit:
-Paint the suit with a slightly glossed, black paint.
-Add knife slashes/scars to the suit (I know the suit is tear resistant, but I think it'd look cool).
-Make the suit slimmer so it fits tighter to Bale's body and doesn't come across as too bulky.

The Cape:
-Get rid of the cape clasps.
-Join the cape at a central point at the collar bone to achieve the "cloaking" effect (I don't care how they do it, just avoid using visible clasps).
-Use the same material that was used for the Superman Returns cape, only black (HOWEVER, I want the suit and the cape to be as close to being the same color as possible. So if a black version of this cape is still darker than the suit, lighten it until it matches).
-Make definite scallops.

The Belt:
-A simpler, non-metal pouch belt. I want it to be black, but I also want it to match the color of the suit as close as possible.

-The Boots:
-Don't change anything.

The Braces:
-Don't change anything.

The Gloves:
-Use the League of Shadows gloves (the leather ones with metal handguards)
-Paint them black.

I liked the suit from Batman Begins, but my bro has this picture that someone customized.

It takes the picture of Superman from the poster for "Superman Returns" and someone made the suit gray and black and added the Bat emblem onto the chest. Then the guy basically pasted the cowl used in BB slightly editted. I thought it looked cool but since Nolan's films are more "realistic" you would not see a guy running around in a cap and spandex.

I am definetly sure a lot of you have seen this picture I am talking about...many threads have shown it.

Boom said:
The Cowl:
**There's no chance of this happening, but I'll throw out the idea of using a prosthetic cowl. As seen in the Arkham Scene, it looks badass, and allows a free range of motion in the neck.**
-Slightly reduce the "hunchback" look of the neck.
-Decrease the width of the cowl jawbone to reduce the "cone-head" effect of the cowl.
-Keep the ears at the back of the head and keep them curved forward, but straighten the ears so they aren't bending inward.
-Make the back of the head more rounded instead of sharp.
-Add silver lenses.
-Paint the cowl with a slightly glossy, black paint.

The Suit:
-Paint the suit with a slightly glossed, black paint.
-Add knife slashes/scars to the suit (I know the suit is tear resistant, but I think it'd look cool).
-Make the suit slimmer so it fits tighter to Bale's body and doesn't come across as too bulky.

The Cape:
-Get rid of the cape clasps.
-Join the cape at a central point at the collar bone to achieve the "cloaking" effect (I don't care how they do it, just avoid using visible clasps).
-Use the same material that was used for the Superman Returns cape, only black (HOWEVER, I want the suit and the cape to be as close to being the same color as possible. So if a black version of this cape is still darker than the suit, lighten it until it matches).
-Make definite scallops.

The Belt:
-A simpler, non-metal pouch belt. I want it to be black, but I also want it to match the color of the suit as close as possible.

-The Boots:
-Don't change anything.

The Braces:
-Don't change anything.

The Gloves:
-Use the League of Shadows gloves (the leather ones with metal handguards)
-Paint them black.

agreed on all counts except the lenses, i just dont think they would look right.

I agree with all of boom's... except the lenses... the guy still needs to act... and he can't arch his lenses for emotions, like batman does in the cartoons...

the most important thing would be to provide Batman with a Range of motion, especially the next... it'd be nice if bale could look over his shoulder... (hey... what's a prosthetic cowl??)

It'd be even better if the waist, arms and legs were free enough for Batman to approximate any of those martial arts he supposedly learned on his travels... that'd be great... a high kick could be useful every once in a while...

I think the smaller mouth for the mask makes sense....it's harder to tell who it is.

I'd change the clasp from two......to only one. Put it in the center of his collar bone....above the Bat emblem......that way we can get the single drape down the body.

I'd go with a spandex comic book suit. But if we're talking about rubber suits, Batman Returns had the ideal perfect Batman rubber suit from my standpoint.

Exactly in BTAS in terms of the cape falling infront of hte shoulders, and the ears pointing back and straight up. However retain the roubustness and technology of the begins suit. The cape effect can be achieved if they fastened in inside the front of the begins cowl, then the cape would be pulled over the shoulder. oh adn the glider will be longer coz of the added length of the cape.

In future technologies, could add propelled batsuit (mini-flames at the bottom of the soles(around where bats hid his bat sonar?)). Could all glove fitted grappelling gun, (like spidey's webshooters). All of this presents only one bloody problem. What story is gonna accomodate batman's real functionalities and futuristic technlogy to its high glory?Animated series is SO Flexible, movies are SO rigid.

good point if he has all the technology in batman of the future(thats what its called over in uk)

then wouldn't it all be old hat? coz wunt evry man and his dog have ausome tech?

Thinner cowl, I like Batman to look sleek, not bulky. I'd actually just like the suit overall to be more fitting to the body, I dont mean in any way to be like the Schumacher suits. Also, if it was just a bit darker, that would be cool. Thats pretty much all I can think of

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"