BvS The Batsuit Thread - - - Part 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would they CG it? It was mo-cap because the armour wouldn't have been practical to wear/fight in in real life. Ben's batsuit looks to be as flexible as Henry's supersuit.

Maybe he'll CG the cape in sometimes, as he did with Superman, but I doubt anything beyond that.

His head is pretty big.. That cowl must be very thin..

And some people on here wonder why comic book fans are constantly made fun of on TV.............

I was looking at some pics of Ben tonight, and stumbled across this gem:
ATEMNZe.jpg

Look at how serious he is! He has such intensity in his stare, it gives you chills. This is how I imagine his Bruce Wayne would look when things get serious. AHHHHH!!!

oh gosh. I'm sorry.
I fainted.

Nothing about this image is intimidating. No offense.

Now, the Batsuit pic, yes, intimidating. Heck, his gas station stare is more intimidating than this.

My favorite thing about the new suit is the skin (leather) look texture of it.
Very organic.

Funny how beastly an animalistic it looks, which is supposedly what the Begins one was trying to achieve, never with much success in my view.

I bet Bale would have looked pretty awesome in a suit like this.

Funny how beastly an animalistic it looks, which is supposedly what the Begins one was trying to achieve, never with much success in my view.

I bet Bale would have looked pretty awesome in a suit like this.

"Begins Bale" would have.

It's a non-issue because it doesn't affect the movie one bit. Most people don't look like the Vitruvian Man either. Fans overreact like tabloids nitpicking at things like thighs looking fat.
It doesn't bother me at all.
I couldn't care less.

Just sayin' is all.

Last edited:
Newsflash: Large Man In Having Large Head Shocker!

Heh, I just read Jett's opinion on it. It's so funny how defensive he is towards TDKT.

I'm hoping for some violet/blue in the darker areas, but just a hint of it...kinda' like in the JL animated....

1hwdno.jpg

His head is pretty big.. That cowl must be very thin..

I had to look back at the comment to see why everyone was upset about Ben's head being big. I think the guy was making a little joke and all of a sudden he's a nitpicker.

Someone says they love the way the suit has swirly textures and some obscure stitch that looks like Alfred fixed... and yet this guy is the reason fanboys get laughed at?

I had to look back at the comment to see why everyone was upset about Ben's head being big. I think the guy was making a little joke and all of a sudden he's a nitpicker.

Someone says they love the way the suit has swirly textures and some obscure stitch that looks like Alfred fixed... and yet this guy is the reason fanboys get laughed at?

Fan boys don't get 'laughed at' because they appreciate finer points or thought put into costume design(there is a section of the academy awards that lauds it). Moreover, fanboys don't get 'laughed at' for complimenting things.

Some of the things they get laughed at in pop culture for:
-Obsessing
-nitpicking
-nitpicking as it pertains to source material
-jumping the gun of actors as they relate to source material.
-rage
-hiding behind a computer hurling insults a others and star...
-various other such things.

Whatever is to be said about the dude that paid the compliment(I'm sure there is plenty), the popular fanboy criticism would more easily apply to the one whom did the thing fanboys are known to be ridiculed for.
That might be what's going on here.

I am blown away by the suit. My only semi concern is that I am hoping that the Bat symbol is in fact black and that the rest of the body suit is gray. I love that it has the look of something organic resemblingbat skin, while upon closer inspection appears to look like weaved Kevlar. It really sells the suspension of disbelief that this is a suit that is durable and functional all while looking almost supernatural and intimidating. Also the suit looks like it fits within the Man of Steel universe, and looks great next to the Superman suit. It's heroic, intimidating, true to the source material, demonic, and instantly recognizable as Batman. Can't wait to see it in color and of course can't wait to see it in action.

Fan boys don't get 'laughed at' because they appreciate finer points or thought put into costume design(there is a section of the academy awards that lauds it). Moreover, fanboys don't get 'laughed at' for complimenting things.

Some of the things they get laughed at in pop culture for:
-Obsessing
-nitpicking
-nitpicking as it pertains to source material
-jumping the gun of actors as they relate to source material.
-rage
-hiding behind a computer hurling insults a others and star...
-various other such things.

Whatever is to be said about the dude that paid the compliment(I'm sure there is plenty), the popular fanboy criticism would more easily apply to the one whom did the thing fanboys are known to be ridiculed for.
That might be what's going on here.

So fanboys don't get ridiculed for pointing out minute details the GA wouldn't notice? Comicbook guy would. If the guy would have said Ben has a perfect head for the cowl we'd have a very different set of posts. Even though that technically wouldn't even matter. Still I just thought they guy made an attempt at humor. It didn't seem malicious or nitpicky. I'm guessing the original poster still likes the cowl because he said the must have made it thinner, because you can't tell Ben's head is big when in the suit.

Don't even know why I'm defending him on such a trifle matter. Just amazes me how fanboys try to distance themselves from fanboys by calling someone a fanboy.

I think comic fans get laughed at for being comic fans. :O

So fanboys don't get ridiculed for pointing out minute details the GA wouldn't notice? Comicbook guy would. If the guy would have said Ben has a perfect head for the cowl we'd have a very different set of posts. Even though that technically wouldn't even matter. Still I just thought they guy made an attempt at humor. It didn't seem malicious or nitpicky. I'm guessing the original poster still likes the cowl because he said the must have made it thinner, because you can't tell Ben's head is big when in the suit.

Don't even know why I'm defending him on such a trifle matter. Just amazes me how fanboys try to distance themselves from fanboys by calling someone a fanboy.
I don't even know what posts you are talking about, I just thought I would share my thoughts on your question. Fanboys get ridiculed for pessimism in pop culture. They don't get ridiculed for appreciation. That's all.

As for the GA not noticing that the suit is now textured? You're kidding right? Especially in contrast to the decades of tradition...Superman/Spidermans suit being textured(as per the modern tradition) didn't go unnoticed imo.

As for some one saying ben's head is just right. I suppose you're right.

Butch:"Haha you like comic books"
Nerd: "So?? You do too. You saw all the Marvel movies, Man of Steel and the Nolan bat films."
Butch:"oh"

Just like the black bat emblem you haven't been able to justify as practical beyond speculation and theoretical metaphor. I don't know why you're so hard up to admit that the character has a ton of artistic flourishes (that may or may not have an imagined practicality behind them) It doesn't diminish or weaken the character in any way.
Never said two words about anything diminishing the character in anyway. From the start I've been talking about improvements. You seem to be of the mind that liking one thing over another means the latter suffers or a franchise is trashed as you say. When cap(and maybe batman) fight better, I simply like it more, doesn't mean I don't love the 89 cap film though, it's called an improvement. Secondly, Metaphor? We have different definitions of the word, clearly. In short, he wears his for the same reason the punisher does, to strike fear in the…I also said its a banner fla...never mind. Seeing as I can't convince you with my answer to your question(fair enough) how’s about we try this another way. You tell me how the black insignia is disadvantageous! You know like how a yellow/gold belt is disadvantageous which is pretty much the point of discussion as it was initiated. How does the logo on his chest hurt his ability to do his job?

As I explained, all of these character flourishes were reverse engineered after decades of stories. Suddenly the bat emblem becomes a target for his enemies to shoot at, and his ears contain a radio, and his cape allows him to fly, etc...None of which stem from the character's inception- (or even for decades after) All out of a desperate need for adults to validate and "make sense" of and something that is visually/stylistically dynamic, but inherently ridiculous (a superhero in a costume fighting super criminals).

I still find it funny that apparently, to you, the most "unrealistic" thing about Batman is the colour of his utility belt! :funny:
'The most unrealistic thing about batman is.....' Tell me where I or anyone said it was 'the most' anything. That would be getting into Strawman territory.
It was pointed out that changing the colour from one lighter to dark(never said black btw) was an improvement. Batman finally wearing combat tracks on his boots would be 'an improvement' in this same regard. Why he would have the same boot bottoms as superman is a step in the wrong direction in service to an aesthetic. Changing his belt from 'yellow/gold'(for the last time this was the issue that was raised leading you to dive in) to something darker is an 'improvement' in this same regard. That's the argument, your counter seems to be, that there is no improvement cause it's all fantasy...

What does it matter what the supposed "inception" was and what was reverse engineered, all of a sudden stemming from "inception" is the mark of ultimate quality/achievement/service to premise? I personally don't think so.
That's like saying the premise of Captain America, his design, tone was all at it's best during it's 1940's 'inception'. That's like saying the Bond premise/execution hasn't been improve with this recent set of films but rather the inception is the true measure...Ironman is another great example of this particular point. The premise was a man builds a contemporary piece of armor, him not having an HUD but rather eye holes, having metal that bends around his joints with joints of it’s own all things that have been IMPROVED and worth celebrating in service to original premise regardless of what the ‘inception’ was, again that’s what happening here nothing more. If you want to argue that Ironman was always meant to be non practical, I guess that’s proving to be an interesting type of discussion but I’d rather just focus on the issue of celebrating improvement without being called a hypocrite. Writers came along and improve or ‘dis-improve’ things. Call it a desperate need for whatever you want but I personally don't find any of it all that ridiculous.
Batman is a human character that fights crime, some creator comes alone and imbues the mythology with various levels of martial arts disciplines and this results in; a desperate need to validate...I suppose that's one way to look at it. To each his own.

You asked me to find an example of his belt giving him a way. I would try if I thought the fiction was intended to undermine it's aesthetic license. However it actually works to serve it. Which is probably why Robin has never been shot in the head multiple times yet we can both agree that he probably would be and a simple domino mask is mostly impractical(regardless of what the 'inception' wanted). Ergo, I think I'll pass on that.

Lastly, and if nothing else, I would like to make the point as clear as possible[/B] that no one(I've seen) is arguing that the modern bat suit is exquisite in it's attainment of real world practicality. It's about trying/striving to a point vs not. Moreover, it's about the opinion to celebrate the move from impractical aesthetic to that of a practical direction in whatever capacity rings true to said individual. For example:
This is what one would call a practical/tactical body suit for combat situation(region specific).
2u5c9ck.jpg

We know it's practical/tactical because it's the attire worn by some of our various nations highest martial officers out in the field of combat. Anyone that says it's simply B.S. aesthetics due to all the various flaws they can point out is focusing on the wrong things. Again, practical/tactical direction. Why aren’t their faces painted green, why aren’t they wearing bullet proof polarized visors Talk all you want about necks, hands and handlebar staches exposed, it doesn't change the fact that this direction is that of a tactical attire that no doubt could be more tactical. They aren’t dressed like The Ultimate Warrior, or rather Tarzan. This is the situation that faces batman in the current discussion. You are pointing out various flaws in practicality(as you see them) and then asserting that because you can find them, it's all moot and any celebration of practical improvement is mostly hypocritical. Or rather that fans have no right to celebrate an improvement cause they are fine with everything else.

Secondly, on the issue of 'improvement' out right. This: (notice the yellow accessories)
foto06diving-buceo-tauchen-zoeamallorca.jpg

can be improved to this: under the premise of what seals do in fiction.
navy-seal-photos-sea-assault__16_.jpg

Why is it they opt to have all black accessories where they can instead of yellow tubes? In the realm of the batman premise, without you coming in and saying; "Well look at their faces, all that bright skin is still exposed, what good is that, what purpose does that serve, I see bits of white, where is the armor..."
Without me explaining why those things might still be exposed, I can basically assert that there has been an improvement in practicality worth noting and celebrating where before it very much was not only impractical to the purpose but also very much needlessly compromising. Perhaps there is still room for more improvement. But again, you running off the list of things on these (real) seals that is still in need of improvement...is getting us no where fast, in the face of the fact that a fan celebrated what he deemed an improvement. The air tanks used to be yellow in the former picture and in the latter there is something more tactical. Batman still wears a supposedly useless cape and still has his mouth exposed and still has a his insignia on his chest...so why is anyone claiming the belt change is an improvement? Cause it is. Maybe next, they will improve that other stuff and more fans can start celebrating, who knows. Some people seemed to appreciate the improvement in practicality in the car/bike, perhaps the premise wasn’t served right in B&R with the opened top where aesthetic was placed first, perhaps even in it’s inception it wasn’t at it's 'best' but was rather a product of what was contemporary but the armored car was always supposed to be just that, in premise. Ergo improvements are easily praised(1960-2005).

You want to talk about how nolans belt was dark bronze, brown.. the actual colour and reflectivity of said belt, are probably another debate but I wouldn't call it bronze or even brown, lighting not withstanding. just... saying.
I don't really agree but that's another issue/matter.

Thanks for reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"