The books you've just purchased thread....

Disaster Inc -- Caimh McDonnell

The Princess Diaries - Carrie Fisher

Catch 22 - Joseph Heller (needed new copy / old one so knackered)

Forever and a Day - Anthony Horrowitz (been actually waiting as long as the book's title for it in paperback)

Blood on the moon -- James Elroy

Spitting Devil -- Brian Freeman
Turn to stone -- Brian Freeman

Running blind -- Lee Child

Lost gods -- Brom

Five days at Memorial -- Sheri Fink
Wolfhunter River -- Racheal Caine

Went on a bit of a Ludlum tear. Got:

The Matarese Circle
The Parsifal Mosaic
The Aquitaine Progression
The Icarus Agenda
The Matarese Countdown
The Ambler Warning
Trevayne

Noir -- Christopher Moore
Hiroshima -- John Hersey
Tripwire -- Lee Child
Graveyard shift -- Michelle Dorey
Chaos -- Tom O'Neill

Started reading Leigh Bardugo's King of Scars and realized I had forgotten so much about previous Grisha books (particularly characters from the initial Grisha trilogy) - so (since my sister took her set of the trilogy back to her classroom, which it was those copies I originally read) I've bought/ordered the original trilogy so that I can re-read them before really picking up King of Scars.

So:
Shadow and Bone
Siege and Storm
Ruin and Rising

51o137e9WYL._AC_SY300_.jpg
51-8-sHXnfL._AC_SY300_.jpg
407813._SY300_.jpg

The Bullet-Catcher's Daughter by Rod Duncan (Fall of the Gas-Lit Empire #1, steampunk fantasy)
DESCRIPTION: Elizabeth Barnabus lives a double life—as herself and as her brother, the private detective. She is trying to solve the mystery of a disappearing aristocrat and a hoard of arcane machines. In her way stand the rogues, freaks and self-proclaimed alchemists of a travelling circus. But when she comes up against an agent of the all-powerful Patent Office, her life and the course of history will begin to change. And not necessarily for the better…

Grey Sister by Mark Lawrence (Book of the Ancestor #2, fantasy)

The Blue Sword by Robin McKinley (Damar #1, fantasy)
DESCRIPTION: This is the story of Corlath, golden-eyed king of the Free Hillfolk, son of the sons of the Lady Aerin. And this is the story of Harry Crewe, the Homelander orphan girl who became Harimad-sol, King's Rider, and heir to the Blue Sword, Gonturan, that no woman had wielded since the Lady Aerin herself bore it into battle. And this is the song of the kelar of the Hillfolk, the magic of the blood, the weaver of destinies...

Last edited:
Devil in the grove -- Gilbert King
The Cuban affair -- Nelson DeMille

Started reading Leigh Bardugo's King of Scars and realized I had forgotten so much about previous Grisha books (particularly characters from the initial Grisha trilogy) - so (since my sister took her set of the trilogy back to her classroom, which it was those copies I originally read) I've bought/ordered the original trilogy so that I can re-read them before really picking up King of Scars.

So:
Shadow and Bone
Siege and Storm
Ruin and Rising

I’ve been thinking of going back to these too. Or at least the Crows duology. I just finished the 980+ page finale to the Throne of Glass and I feel like reading something epic again.
I almost made a thread about this universe lol

Paul Simon, the life -- Robert Hillburn

Fluke -- Christopher Moore
Speaks the nightbird -- Robert R McCammon

I haven't purchased books in awhile, haven't really had much time to sit and read lately. I did acquire some books due to a friends passing, and just recently purchased "Good Grief: Heal Your Soul, Honor Your Loved Ones, and Learn to Live Again" and "The Book of Psychic Symbols: Interpreting Intuitive Messages".

I never thought I'd live to see the day that I would purchase self help books, but here we are.

51VMwQHAS%2BL._AC_SY300_ML1_.jpg

Starsight by Brandon Sanderson (Skyward #2, YA/teen space opera series)

i just got an email that i actually won a book from Goodreads for the first time lol

I got assigned Dracula by Bram Stoker for a project, and listened to the audio book. I really enjoyed it so I got a physical copy and loved it even more.

Finally gotten a copy of ‘Coraline’ and ‘series of unfortunate events’.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"