The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Connection Between the Chamber of 6, Fedora Guy and The Vulture/Doc Ock Harnesses

Super Jim

Sidekick
Reaction score
Just posted this in another thread, but figured it was important enough ti have it's own...

Just figured out something really cool...

We all know (hence this thread) about the Vulture Winged harness and the Doc Ock arm harness, as shown below:
villainous_behaviour.png

Then we have these pics of Harry being brought down in some chamber with (at least) 6 bay doors:

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

So at first I was thinking, hey, if I was going to have these different aparati and things to create a squad of super powered baddies, well hey, this is the kind of place I would hide it...

Since no one else has yet to pick up on this I looked at the two sets of picks and did notice the solid black lines on the ground, which kind of match, but then the lighting on the walls and the spacing between the bay doors didn't...

Well, after that I just about gave up on this silly notion of mine, especially with the rumors of the shot being from a mid credits scene...

But a little while ago I was watching the trailer yet again and this time I noticed a frame at 1 minute and 22 seconds where the first room (the one Harry is in) opens into an outer room (the one with the Vulture wings, Doc Ock harness and some guy in a fedora walking).

In fact, I now believe that that first shot of what looks like as elevator is Harry watching the fedora guy come down (in the elevator) into the room. Fedora guy would then open the bay doors revealing all of the (at least) 6 things before taking his stroll past Ock's arms and Vulture's wings.

This is right when we hear Harry say "what is all this" and the fedora guy (who is likely (but not definitely) the "man in the shadows" from the end credits scene of Amazing 1) respond "the future"...

If we can figure out who is saying (in a very noticeable - is that German - accept, I must say) "the future", well we'll definitely answer a lot of our questions. We'll know who the mastermind (at least working for Norman) behind everything is. Listening again I think it's possible that it's Norman, but I'm not yet 100%. And my German comment probably told most of you that I think it could be Otto...

I think it's a very safe bet that one of those rooms has a Goblin Glider, and maybe some chemicals to tranform Harry, which will lead to:

ku-xlarge.jpg

And:

ku-xlarge.jpg

The point?

No one else has put these two events together. Many have speculated that the Dok Ock arms and the Vulture Wings are from an mid-credits scene after Amazing Spiderman 2. Well, sure seems that that is not correct since we know Harry will be turned into the Goblin and it looks like he does this with the help of Fedora Guy in Chamber 6.

Also, we have Harry saying "We literally can change the world", right after being shown this stuff and then him talking with dear old Dad, who seems bedridden, asking "what about Peter?". Looking at both pics, shown below:

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

It all looks to be at about the same point in the movie...

That would actually mean that fedora guy is not Norman, unless he mustered enougn strength to take his little stroll through Sinister Six-ville and then collapsed back into bed. That's a bit unlikely, making me think that fedora guy is someone else...

Am wondering what the (at least) other 3 things we will see are?

Let's speculate, since obviously these 6 bays have something (everything) to do with the Sinister 6 (something I surmised a long time ago)...

#1: Doc Ock - We see the harness
#2: Vulture - We see the wings
#3: Harry Goblin/Hobgoblin - Pretty obvious that the glider (and stuff) will be in one of the bays
#4: Venom Symbiote?
#5: Mysterio's Fishbowl outfit?
#6: Scorpion's suit?
#7: Chameleon's Belt?
#8: ?????

It's tough. Obviously each bay would need something physically iconic to show who it will be. The harness and wings meet this requirement, as would some black, sentient goo or the Goblin Glider. Besides the others I mentioned above, what villains use/need a physical item?

Anyway, what do you guys think?

Well you know I'm hoping number 5 is Mysterio's outfit & the rest of the numbers you mention also gets thumbs up.

Really interesting theory.

What about the so-called Power Gloves that is suppose to be in the next bay over...any truth to that?

Watch the trailer again.

Closely.

There are more than 6 chambers.

In fact, I'd venture to say there are at least 10.

Total, it might be 12.

I think it would be smart to use smaller B villains in the Sinister Six so we don't have to worry so much about character development. Most of that needs to be devoted to Doc Ock and GG.

I think it would be smart to use smaller B villains in the Sinister Six so we don't have to worry so much about character development. Most of that needs to be devoted to Doc Ock and GG.

Hm. I think I'd like that. Not for Mysterio or something though.

Shocker and Rhino don't need much character development, and Electro is given a backstory in TASM2.

Watch the trailer again.

Closely.

There are more than 6 chambers.

In fact, I'd venture to say there are at least 10.

Total, it might be 12.

I do see a possible 7th chamber, as shown in the pic below:

ku-xlarge.jpg

Don't think it would be too many more since there appears to be a bunch of electronics attached to the wall behind Harry (who I believe is the point of view in the above pic). Harry is watching the fedora guy (Ock or Osborn or Smythe or the Gentleman) come down in the elevator. Here he is watching:

the-amazing-spider-man-2-teaser-trailer-dehaan.jpg

See all the stuff on the wall behind?

But I do agree, it does appear that there are 7 rooms, not just 6...

Maybe The Gentleman has his own bedroom in the seventh chamber.

Harry's looking a bit gnarly in that photo. Spot that neck?

He does look beat up. Also look at his eye.

Hmm...

Who or what caused that I wonder...

Seems like whatever caused those bruises/cuts is the motivation for him to come down to this room and become the Goblin.

Would Peter or Spiderman thrash Harry (prior to becoming the Goblin) for any reason?

This must happen after the scene where he says to Norman "We literally can change the world" and "What about Peter". Does he get hurt trying to get to this room or does something happen inbetween him talking with bedridden Dad and coming down to the "Chamber of the Future"?

Did you see the pic I posted in another thread where Harry is being attacked by Electro? Its in the trailer.

So you guys think the line up would be:

- Goblin (has been set up since TASM)
- Doc Ock (yet to be set up in TASM3)
- Electro (established in TASM2)
- Rhino (introduced in TASM2)
- Lizard (established in TASM)
- Shocker (yet to be introduced in TASM3)

This could work out in each film without seeming to overcrowded.

So you guys think the line up would be:

- Goblin (has been set up since TASM)
- Doc Ock (yet to be set up in TASM3)
- Electro (established in TASM2)
- Rhino (introduced in TASM2)
- Lizard (established in TASM)
- Shocker (yet to be introduced in TASM3)

This could work out in each film without seeming to overcrowded.
Shocker and Rhino don't need much development, and Electro is being established in TASM2.

I doubt Lizard will be part of the team though.

I've posted in other related threads that I've always felt that one of the Six will be Black Cat, who is "somewhat on the baddie's side", until she comes to her senses and helps Peter to take down one of the bad guys.

Also, I'm starting to think that fedora guy is Otto.

Black Cat in the Sinister 6? Sorry Super Jim but I think that'd be a terrible idea, no offence. I don't even want Green Goblin or the Lizard in it. The classics will always be the best lineup. We need Mysterio and Kraven. Sandman could always be swapped out for someone as we've already seen him as a villain and he's not as dynamic as Doc Ock or Goblin. (Other previously used villians)

Joe,

I would love for them to go with the original team.

Kraven is an amazing character, and personally I believe he deserves to be the main villain in a film.

Mysterio is a very cool character, though the costume would need to be changed up for the movies. I could easily see him teamed with another and have his back story be that he is a disinfranchised, unemployed illusionist who decides to opt for a life of crime.

Now to me, Doc Ock is the leader of the Sinister Six, and if they go with the S6 like I've been arguing for a very long time, I would love to see him there. He could be changed up from the previous incarnation. Make him an Oscorp Engineer (who wears a fedora) and you're there...

But the problem is how to pull off six villains in one movie without causing the Spiderman 3 syndrome. Having "villains" who defect or switch sides is one way to deal with this, and Black Cat and Lizard are two that could fit that bill. Not saying this is what WILL happen, just one option for how they could do it.

Joe,

I would love for them to go with the original team.

Kraven is an amazing character, and personally I believe he deserves to be the main villain in a film.

Mysterio is a very cool character, though the costume would need to be changed up for the movies. I could easily see him teamed with another and have his back story be that he is a disinfranchised, unemployed illusionist who decides to opt for a life of crime.

Now to me, Doc Ock is the leader of the Sinister Six, and if they go with the S6 like I've been arguing for a very long time, I would love to see him there. He could be changed up from the previous incarnation. Make him an Oscorp Engineer (who wears a fedora) and you're there...

But the problem is how to pull off six villains in one movie without causing the Spiderman 3 syndrome. Having "villains" who defect or switch sides is one way to deal with this, and Black Cat and Lizard are two that could fit that bill. Not saying this is what WILL happen, just one option for how they could do it.

Who's to say the Sinister 6 won't be in the fourth movie? Even so, who's to say Vulture, Doc or any other potential villains won't gain their powers in this movie as well? An after credits scene perhaps?

^^

Yeah if happens in TASM 4 with almost all villains already developed it will be punchs everywhere in every second of the movie i like it :)

I think I cracked who will play the fedora guy(The Gentleman)...

I just noticed something.

[YT]b6Kq4s0GPfE[/YT]

At 1:18 if you pause then you can see the outline of "The Gentlman".What hit me was that the sideface matches awfully with Colm Feore's side picture posted a while ago.

the-amazing-spider-man-2-colm-feore-slice.jpg

gentlemn1.jpg

Could Colm Feore be "The Gentleman"?

Nah, Colm Feore isn't the Gentleman. We know that is Michael Masse.

Yeah... Toomes is still what people want for his character, but it's looking otherwise at the moment.

IDK, I feel like Feore really is just Menken and just happens to resemble Adrian Toomes. Unless they combine those characters for Vulture, similar to Whiplash in IM2?

IDK, I feel like Feore really is just Menken and just happens to resemble Adrian Toomes. Unless they combine those characters for Vulture, similar to Whiplash in IM2?

I really think their just messing with us, I have a strong feeling colm feore is still playing Adrian toomes. Though I could be wishful thinking on my part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"