Guardians of the Galaxy The Cosmic-Verse Appreciation Thread

Captain Marvel

SHAZAM!
Reaction score
Not everyone in Marvel's Cosmic Universe is a member of the Guardians of the Galaxy, so I thought I'd post an appreciation for all these other ne'er do well's. ;)

QUASAR, BETA RAY BILL, GLADIATOR, NOVA, THE SILVER SURFER, RONAN THE ACCUSER
ThanosImperative_3_Teaser.jpg

CAPTAIN MARVEL
Mar-Vell.jpg

DARKHAWK
WOK_DarkHawk_02.jpg

It's kind of awkward that Marvel has the entire cosmic universe except the biggest hero and biggest villain

(And Rom)

It's kind of awkward that Marvel has the entire cosmic universe except the biggest hero and biggest villain

(And Rom)

Since it appears Fox wants to hang on to the FF license, it will be interesting to find out just which characters are considered exclusive and which can crossover, since both the FF and the X-Men can lay claim to a LOT of the Marvel Universe. Especially on the cosmic front.

Hopefully Latino Review's report that the recently announced Fantastic Four reboot director might jump ship to another movie is true. If that movie can suffer enough delays then Fox may very well end up losing the rights.

As for what they own, I very much doubt they own the Shi'ar, the Imperial Guard, or the Phalanx, despite their appearances as X-Men villains (They don't even own Cable, which I find to be really strange). We know they own the rights to the Super-Skrull, but not to the Skrull race. Although it is likely that they own Annihilus and Blastaar, who're traditionally Fantastic Four villains, so that'd put a damper on any Annihilation adaptations.

Since when has Darkhawk been cosmic? I thought he was a New Warrior?

It was recent with War of Kings. He's representative of an ancient Shi'ar Empire organization called the Fraternity of Raptors.

I doubt Billy will ever see the light of day unfortunately. Quasar is probably too much in the archetype of some of the bigger name guys- Star-Lord and Nova and the Marvels. The Shi'ar may or may not be owned by Fox, and their background is a bit convoluted to begin with, so who knows about Gladiator. And Ronan would show up as a villain, if at all.

So, I guess the only cosmic heroes with film potential outside the Guardians are Nova and Mar-Vell.

(And Silver Surfer :argh:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"