Guardians of the Galaxy Bradley Cooper IS Rocket Raccoon

That was a sad scene when Rocket was crying over Groot's death. He really conveyed the emotion. And when Drax was petting him, it reminded me of stroking a cat and how a cat looks at you with affection. Cooper did very well in the role, and Rocket was brought to life with perfection.
What got me in that scene was how, when Drax first started to pet him, Rocket tenses up, like he's being insulted again, and then he relaxes and just accepts it as a token of sympathy.

It was funny that Rocket didn't know what a raccoon was.

I thought he'd acknowledge he was one and correct it when he was referred to as a hamster at the end. And that Nova Corp must be an idiot to mistake him for a hamster, which is much smaller.

I kinda had a lump in my throat when he was drunk and about to blast Drax in the Knowhere bar scene.

''I didn't ask to get made. I didn't ask to be torn apart, put back together over and over and turned into some little monster.''

I thought he'd acknowledge he was one and correct it when he was referred to as a hamster at the end. And that Nova Corp must be an idiot to mistake him for a hamster, which is much smaller.

That line made me pause like... do they have hamsters on Xander? Is this guy a "Terran?" How do you know what a hamster is but not a raccoon!? It really amused me for some reason. I cracked up disproportionately to the joke.

Well they clearly had some knowledge of earth, but probably not enough common knowledge to differentiate a racoon from a hamster

Not knowing anything about the GotG comic (outside of simply being aware of some of the characters out of context), when I first saw that they were making this movie and that one of the characters was going to be a talking raccoon, I laughed. Not because it was funny, but because I thought Marvel was jumping the shark, that they were going to ruin everything they’ve done so far – there was just NO way to make a gun-carrying raccoon seem plausible and work within this universe that they had spent years creating…

I’m not wrong about a lot of things, but when I’m wrong, I am SPECTACURLARLY wrong. Rocket was not only a good character, he was the best character in the movie and not ONCE did I feel like he didn’t belong. He had some of the best one liners, several “cheer-worthy” moments and 3 of the most heart-felt, gut-wrenching scenes as well. Like others have said, GotG would not be the movie it is had Rocket been absent or had his character not worked. Outside of my initial shock at the stellar quality of his CGI, I never once thought of him as a CG character – he was as much of a flesh and blood character as any of the on-screen actors. Love him.

What if their hamsters look like racoons? :wow:

Not knowing anything about the GotG comic (outside of simply being aware of some of the characters out of context), when I first saw that they were making this movie and that one of the characters was going to be a talking raccoon, I laughed. Not because it was funny, but because I thought Marvel was jumping the shark, that they were going to ruin everything they’ve done so far – there was just NO way to make a gun-carrying raccoon seem plausible and work within this universe that they had spent years creating…

I’m not wrong about a lot of things, but when I’m wrong, I am SPECTACURLARLY wrong. Rocket was not only a good character, he was the best character in the movie and not ONCE did I feel like he didn’t belong. He had some of the best one liners, several “cheer-worthy” moments and 3 of the most heart-felt, gut-wrenching scenes as well. Like others have said, GotG would not be the movie it is had Rocket been absent or had his character not worked. Outside of my initial shock at the stellar quality of his CGI, I never once thought of him as a CG character – he was as much of a flesh and blood character as any of the on-screen actors. Love him.

Now that's right from the horse's mouth. :awesome:

Cooper doesn't seem to have done many interviews in relation to GOTG. In comparison, there have been panels, late night shows, unscripted discussions etc with Pratt, Saldana, Diesel and Bautista. The rest have appeared together, but Cooper seems to have been completely separate, apart from his appearance at the GOTG premiere.

Any reason why he seems to have kept away from it? Is he busy filming or just not interested in promoting the movie?

Could be his schedule. The rest of them aren't really doing multiple projects like he kinda is now. He just had to bulk up to play American Sniper.

Cooper went to the premiere, did Kimmel with the cast, and did Craig Ferguson on his own for promotion.

He didn't do anything else because he started filming his next movie in New Orleans and London a few days after the premiere.

I don't recall Rocket Raccoon saying "Bam Bam, Murdered You!"

Do people think he should utter that catchphrase in a future movie?

I had my doubts about Cooper in the role but he absolutely nailed it.

No. It was a stupid quote made up by Bendis that got really old, really fast. God I hate what he did to the Guardians, lol. By the way that was a response to someone asking about that stupid, 'Blam! Murdered you!' quote.

I hadn't heard Rocket speak before seeing the movie. When I first heard him I wasn't fond of the New York-ish accent but man Cooper nailed it. Rocket was awesome

I figured he'd have either a brusque cockney thing or a hard Joisey sounding accent. He wasn't gonna sound "normal."

I much prefer Rocket's voice in this film to the one he had in Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

I kinda had a lump in my throat when he was drunk and about to blast Drax in the Knowhere bar scene.

''I didn't ask to get made. I didn't ask to be torn apart, put back together over and over and turned into some little monster.''

That and Rocket crying at the end over Groots death were 2 of the most heartfelt moments in any MCU movie for me.

Cooper was awesome as the voice of Rocket. Loved every bit. :D I felt bad when he knew he was going to lose his best friend on the dark Aster. "Groot. Why are you doing this? You're going to die, Groot." :( and then Groot says "We are Groot..." as he brushes a tearful Rocket's face with a...tentacle... or whatever that was...

Prefer his Australian accent, but the new one worked for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"