Guardians of the Galaxy Fights you want to see?

With Groot its always been his size, he is strong because of that and that obviously leads to him being a powerhouse of sorts. It means he can do things other characters couldnt, like in Annihilation: Conquest when he destroys the tower. But generally Drax is more powerful, even now when he isnt as powerful as he used to be.

True, I've always seen it that way as well.

well, for one, he isn't classic drax, and look at the characters anatomy. Size, to some small extend DOES matter. Think about it, classic drax was a big mofo, like, Hulking. I am not sure how strong he is currently, and he is probably say...6'2' or 6'4''. but more powerful than groot

This is the look they are using in the film. Overall, as characters, Drax has MUCH more impressive strength feats, however, they are using his weaker, modern look for his appearance for this movie, so with drax being basically a regular sized guy who is in shape, he may just be a fighter with some decent strength. But in a movie, if there is a 25 foot tree on the team, what else can he be? He HAS to be the powerhouse. Due to his sheer size. I personally do think Drax *SHOULD* be the powerhouse, but it has to be groot. Especially if drax has the whole kryptonite thing going on, that's an advantage he has on Thanos, so groot can still be the powerhouse, though I don't see him being nearly as strong as hulk, so I don't think groot should really be able to hurt thanos.

Groot really hasn't been that strong.

Hmmm good point, well said as usual jaqua. :up:

Size shouldnt matter though, once Giant Man joins the Avengers should he then be the powerhouse ahead of Hulk and Thor? I dont think that will happen, so why should Groot be just because of size?

Also, Groot isnt always huge, he shrinks down to man-size and even branch size.

Think about it like this: Groot may not be as strong as Drax, but Drax these days fights like a warrior, more than a brick. Groot is bigger, and should fight like a brick.

Drax is basically a heavy martial artist who happens to be a brick, while Groot is a brick who happens to be a relatively fragile ( if regenerating ) one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"