Hypothetical: Kaiju Fights You'd Like to See

Deck Rickard

Lord of Frenzied Flame
Reaction score
With Godzilla fighting Rodan, Mothra and King Ghidorah next summer and taking on Kong in the next film, it got me thinking about what other giant monsters I'd like to see duke it out. Obviously some of these fights can never happen due to rights and legal crap, but whatever. If anything was possible, what are some super-sized slugfests that you'd like to see? Here are some I'd be down for:

Ultraman vs. Godzilla

Cloverfield Monster vs. Rodan

The Kraken (from Clash of the Titans) vs. Gezora

Mechagodzilla vs. Mechashark

(Gi)Ant-Man vs. Anne Hathaway's Colossal monster

Gypsy Danger vs. Hedorah

Gigan vs. Robot Jox

Last edited:
I just want to see Anguirus, Destroyah, "Final Wars"-style Gigan and Kiryu MechaGodzilla in the MonsterVerse - Anguirus, obviously, on Godzilla's side.

Godzilla and Kong vs Mechagodzilla and Mechikong.

Cthulhu versus the entire roster of Toho films at the same time.

Voltron versus King Ghidorah.

Fortress Maximus and Metroplex from Transformers versus Gigan and Megalon

Trypticon from Transformers versus Mechagodzilla

Godzilla in the Gundam or Battletech universe

The North Koreans had one called Pulgasari that I would love to see fight shin Godzilla

The money fight is Godzilla vs Gamera!

None. Kaijus AND Godzilla are stupid.

That is a wonderful contribution to this thread.

Yes. I am a film critic. I get payed to watch them.

But no one is forcing you to contribute to online threads about them. Particularly ones intended for fans of these types of movies. So your comment is basically trolling. This isn't a review Kaiju Movie _______ thread, where that type of comment would be more appropriate.

Yes. I am a film critic. I get payed to watch them.

Oh, boo ****ing hoo. You get paid to watch movies that you don't like. Would you prefer to not be paid for that? Because it's really easy to make that happen.

Kong vs the last Kaiju in the first Pacific Rim

Godzilla vs the Cloverfield Monster

That's soooo much money waiting to be made.

Cthulhu versus the entire roster of Toho films at the same time.

Voltron versus King Ghidorah.

These two would be especially cool. Isn't Cthulhu public domain now? If so, then maybe he could be the "final boss" in the GvK movie.

Also, when are we getting a live action Voltron? I remember seeing concept art for it like 10 years ago. Now would be the perfect time, with the Netflix cartoon reigniting interest in the series.

Godzilla fastball specialing King Kong into Cloverfield while he has Mothra in his mouth.

BTW, hate to be that guy, but next time try to specify that you mean mega-kaiju. Technically Dracula vs. Medusa vs. Groot would also be a Kaiju fight.

*dodges a million rotten apples thrown his way*

The North Koreans had one called Pulgasari that I would love to see fight shin Godzilla
I remember reading some crazy stuff about Pulgasari, like the director was kidnapped from South Korea to North Korea, just to be forced to make propaganda movies for them.

Godzilla fastball specialing King Kong into Cloverfield while he has Mothra in his mouth.

BTW, hate to be that guy, but next time try to specify that you mean mega-kaiju. Technically Dracula vs. Medusa vs. Groot would also be a Kaiju fight.

Well, that's true that technically any monster would be a kaiju. But if you go by the Pacific Rim definition, a kaiju is "giant beast".

(Futurama Bureaucrat voice)

"Technically correct... Which as we all know is the best kind of correct."

You win this round PR.

Godzilla vs Stay-Puft, incarnation of Gozer aka "The Destructor" aka the devourrer of worlds.

Megazord (Power Rangers) Vs. Reptar (Rugrats)

Gundams vs Transformers also comes to mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"