Movie Adaptations You'd Like To See.

Thundarr

Superhero
Reaction score
Just as the title says, I want to know what books, comics, graphic novels, and TV shows you'd like to see adapted to the big screen. Here are some of my thoughts....

Graphic Novels/Comics

The Pro: This is a graphic novel spoofing super hero comics. It's about a young single mother who works as a waitress at Denny's during the day and as a "lady of the evening" at night to support herself and her infant son. An alien known as The Viewer (spoof of The Watcher) makes a bet with his android sidekick that anybody could become a super hero. So he gives the girl super powers and she's recruited by The Legion Of Justice (spoof of The JLA). Then hilarity ensues. Quite a funny GN, should make a funny movie.

Frank Miller's Batman & Robin: This one would be a sequel to The Dark Knight. Essentially it would tell the story of how Dick Grayson became orphaned and wound up as Bruce Wayne's ward. It'll also explain where he got the name Robin from, when he becomes Batman's sidekick/aprentice. Only thing is the book isn't fully released yet (they're releasing it one chapter at a time, they're only up to issue #10 now).

Ash vs Freddy vs Jason: Freddy vs Jason: Round 2, with Bruce Campbel as Ash Williams from Army Of Darkness thrown into the mix. For those of you who don't know, Ash is sent to the town of Forest Green (formerly Chrystal Lake) to train the employees of the new S-Mart that was just opened up there. Freddy needs the Necronomicon to be able to continue his reign of terror, and he uses Jason to get it for him. Lots of horny teens and idiotic adults who insist that there is no Jason get killed, and Ash with his chainsaw and boomstick saves the day.

Death Of Superman: Obviously, this is a live action adaptation of Superman's battle with Doomsday. They would need to make a JLA movie first, and replace the JLA characters from the actual comics with the classis JLA members (Batman, Wonderwoman, Green Lantern, The Flash, Shazaam, etc).

Knightfall: This would be a live action adaptation of Batman's fight with Bane, where he's nearly crippled.

Novels

R.A. Salvadore's Sojourn: This is Book 3 of The Dark Elf Trilogy. The reason I chose to start with the third book in the series and not the first is the first two books take place in The Underdark, where there is no light and everything sees in the infrared spectrum. Showing that on film would be difficult, expensive, and confusing to anyone who doesn't play D&D or hasn't read the books. If done correctly, Sojourn will fill in the blanks left by the absence of the previous two books, and build up towards the next film The Chrystal Shard.

Body Smasher: This is a story about a former special forces soldier, Rick Harrison, recruited by the CIA to go undercover in a catch-as-catch-can wrestling tournament in order to stop a group of international terrorists who have made a nuclear bomb and want to blow up New York City. Captain Lou Albano will play himself as the man who has to train Rick Harrison as a wrestler. I'd suggest Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson to play Harrison.

TV Shows

Sledge Hammer: Like Police Squad and the Naked Gun movies, Sledge Hammer was a parody of "Dirty Harry" type cop shows. I don't know what the plot would be exactly, but it should deffinately star the same actors in the same roles.

The A-Team: This one's actually been in the works for some time now. The writers and producers just can't agree on a script. Some of the story would have to change (instead of robbing a bank during the Vietnam War, they'll have robbed an Iraqui bank during Desert Storm). Here's how I'd cast it....

Col. John "Hannibal" Smith: Tommy Lee Jones

Lt. Templeton "Faceman" Peck: Johnny Depp

Sgt. Bosco "B.A." Baracus: Ving Rhames

Cpt. H.M. "Howling Mad" Murdoch: Jim Carrey

And I'd deffinately have Dwight Schultz, Dirk Benedict, and Mr. T doing cameos in the movie. Maybe have a picture of George Peppard as Hannibal in his dress uniform from the show in the background somewhere.

Thundarr The Barbarian: This one's already been said, but it warrants saying again. As for casting?

Thundarr: Tyler Mane

Ariel: Kelly Hu

Ookla: "The Great Khali" Dalib Singh

The Legend of Zelda.

Hell yeah, I have been saying that for years.

I would like to see a live action The Once and Future King

A Brave New World

An updated version of 1984

Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns

Chuck Palaniuk's Survivor

Metroid

Final Fantasy movies based on each games story.

Wheel of time by Robert Jordan, I know he didnt finish the series but it's something I have always wanted to see.

A really, really, well-done Pern trilogy. There is so much a talented team of writers, producers, actors, and a director could do with that.

Metroid (This would be the most epic space epic ever if done correctly. Ridley Scott on a Metroid film would ****in own.)

Nightwing (If not on his own just in the Batman films in general at some point.)

Legally Blonde: The Musical (So help me god this took everything that made Reese's movie and made it that much more of a feel good fun 2 hours. It's time we see Elle Woods in theaters again. )

The Legend of Zelda (Think Lords of the Rings only not so boring and so much more epic.)

Runaways (Hoping it gets off the ground. These kids are the best team idea Marvel has had in ever. The movie practically sells itself too, what kid/teen hasn't thought their parents were evil?)

The Addams Family (another adaption of the family...but only if they got real talent behind it like the first two Sonnefield movies. Maybe they should wait for the Broadway musical see if it's any good then adapt it.)

She-Hulk and Ms. Marvel (If not these two should be in team films or cameos as their non-powered selves in something. Shulkie/Jen in IH2. Carol/Ms.Marvel in X-Men/Avengers )

Luke Cage and Iron Fist: Heroes for Hire (Screw doing two solo movies do these two together as a superhero buddy film.)

Final Fantasy 7 (Live action. Casshern proved that the Japanese could do this soooo well.)

There's so many more but those are the ones I can just sprout off right now.

Metroid would be awesome.

I'd really like to see a direct adaptation of The Long Halloween, but I'm not counting on it.

The Stand. And not some crappy 90s-era television miniseries. Please.

Fantastic Four.

Calvin and Hobbes
Johnny the Homicidal Maniac
Guns of the South
The Umbrella Academy

Comics/Graphic Novels:
Preacher
Iron Fist (solo!)
Question
Deadpool
Criminal Macabre and other Cal MacDonald stories
Creeper

Books:
Survivor by Chuck Palahinuk
Good Omens but only by Terry Gilliam
Dirk Gently
Catcher in the Rye
The Dark Tower series
Radio Free Dixie
Legend of St. George

TV shows:
A-team (Hannibal:Bruce Willis, Face: Ryan Reynolds, BA: Terry Crewes, Howling Mad: David Arquette)
Quantum Leap
Sledgehammer (not as a spoof, but as a funny cop movie)
Magnum PI (I actually think Matt MacConaughey would be awesome as long as it aint a romantic comedy)
Cowboy Bebop (Spike: James Franco, Jett: Ron Perlman, Fyae: Christina Ricci)

Video Games:
Resident Evil
Doom
Metal Gear Solid

Last edited:
Comics/Graphic Novels:
Preacher
Iron Fist (solo!)
Question
Deadpool
Creeper

Books:
Dirk Gently
Catcher in the Rye
The Dark Tower series
Radio Free Dixie
Legend of St. George

TV shows:
A-team (Hannibal:Bruce Willis, Face: Ryan Reynolds, BA: Terry Crewes, Howling Mad: David Arquette)
Quantum Leap
Magnum PI (I actually think Matt MacConaughey would be awesome as long as it aint a romantic comedy)

Video Games:
Resident Evil
Doom
Metal Gear Solid

The preacher is getting its own movie.:yay:

Comics/Graphic Novels:
Preacher
Iron Fist (solo!)
Question
Deadpool
Creeper

Books:
Dirk Gently
Catcher in the Rye
The Dark Tower series
Radio Free Dixie
Legend of St. George

TV shows:
Quantum Leap

Video Games:
Resident Evil
Doom
Metal Gear Solid

METAL GEAR SOLID IS IN THE WORKS. I think it has De Luca as a producer. He bought it.

Shadow of the Colossus directed by Terry Gilliam or Guillermo Del Toro

Invincible directed by Shane Black

I'd like to see adaptations of Nintendo's Star Fox and Donkey Kong.

Lloyd Alexander's Chronicles of Prydain would make an awesome film series.

Halo... Come on....

TomClancy- Debt of honour and Executive Decision, most of the action in these books is done not by Jack Ryan but by other characters.. perfect for Harrison Ford to come back and play Ryan then.

kane and lynch by quentin tarantino.

Books
American Gods- Neil Gaiman
The Alchemist-Paulo Cohello

Games
Metal Gear Solid!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"