Godzilla: Monster World

Will this series focus on a group of humans following Godzilla like the cartoon series?

It hasn't really been said yet, but I'm guessing there will at least be some regular human characters.

Eric Powell Blog:
THE GODZILLA BOOK WE WANTED TO MAKE
Eric Powell said:
n 2010 and 2011, my co-writer, Tracy Marsh, and I had the pleasure of working with the awesome folks at IDW and amazing artists Phil Hester and Victor Santos on Godzilla: Kingdom of Monsters. As a lifelong fan, it was a thrill to do anything Godzilla-related. Unfortunately, as often happens in creative fields, differences of opinion came up when developing stories. Toho, the Japanese company that owns the rights to Godzilla and his universe of kaiju, wasn’t comfortable with the direction we wanted to take, and since Tracy and I didn’t feel we could execute our concept as well as we planned, we stepped away from the book after eight issues. I tend to stick to creator-owned books, and when I venture out of that, it’s only because I’m inspired by the subject matter and feel like I can execute it really well. Toho obviously has a great responsibility to the characters they own, and they’re rightfully protective of them. While I wish they would have let us tell our Godzilla story as we envisioned it, I completely understand their reservations and hold no animosity. It was a work-for-hire job, and our ideas weren’t making the client happy.

However, I thought it would be fun to share with you readers who followed the book exactly what we intended to portray. Here’s our initial pitch for the series, originally entitled Godzilla: Monster World

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"