Godzilla 2016

The anime film should probably have its own thread since it's a different film unless we just want toake this a thread for all Togo produced Godzilla films.

I might be mistaken, but isn't there already a general Godzilla thread? We could post there.

Not as of yet.

I'm not sure if they will even release it in Europe. I checked IMDb for releases and apparently there is one for Portugal, but only marked for 2017 and no other specific date, and that just grinds my gears. Ugh.

ANN:
Producer: Hideaki Anno is Working on His Next Project
Shin Godzilla executive producer Akihiro Yamauchi appeared at the Kinema Jumpo awards ceremony on Sunday to accept the award for Best Scriptwriter on behalf of Hideaki Anno. At the ceremony, he mentioned that Anno is already working on his next project. His statement is as follows:

I'm sorry to those who hoped to see Director Anno! Director Anno is a man of few words, so all he had to say was "thank you very much." He puts all his heart into his work, so please see it two or three times. He is already working on his next project.
Anno commented last July that he felt he could continue working on Evangelion now that he has finished directing Shin Godzilla, and apologized for the delay in the fourth and final film. Animation director Takeshi Honda mentioned in an interview in November that the Evangelion team was at work on the new film.
Anno has also mentioned that he would like to do a sequel to Shin Godzilla.

Source: Eiga Natalie

Twitter:
C7qL6_5VUAAMOuv.jpg
C7qL8zcVUAsZ8ML.jpg

Starz Encore Action is showing a MEGA Gozilla Marathon today.

Shin Godzilla is out on Blu-ray & DVD right now!

Need to watch it. I have mixed feelings on Anno's work but him and Godzilla is a pretty great match.

Bought it yesterday and watched it for the first time. I really loved it. Might be one of my favorite Godzilla films. I was surprised by how political it was.

The political angle from the Japanese perspective was well done IMO. It could've been boring with a lot of time spent on board meetings and all that but it worked. It was engaging. The Atomic breath scene where he torched the city was awesome. It was a spectacular display of power. The score was good.

However the design of the Godzilla was iffy to me. He was immobile and goofy. The origin of Godzilla was muddled and the evolution of Godzilla is not something that I was a fan of.

Overall, I liked it.

I watched Shin Godzilla earlier today and really enjoyed it. A very peculiar yet interesting take on a ''Monster'' movie.

The mix of practical effects and CG worked great too.

lPxoIqI.gif

jZRIGnh.gif

iIMcIJH.gif

Oh ****, seeing that gif reminds me of the piercing noise his attack made. Good movie. What's Godzilla's signature attack called?

I watched Shin Godzilla earlier today and really enjoyed it. A very peculiar yet interesting take on a ''Monster'' movie.

The mix of practical effects and CG worked great too.

I found it at WalMart today...watched it this afternoon. Interesting take on it....not too keen on the mutating part....but other parts were cool. I'll have to watch it again soon.

It is a fascinating look at Japan's government bureaucracy, that is for sure.

Makes a ton more sense than Evangelion, that's for sure.

For those into older Godzilla movies.....

Right now I'm watching SON OF GODZILLA (1967) on my cable's ON DEMAND system.....but this month it will also be coming on the Starz ENCORE channel. I flipping through the channels and saw that it was on right now....since it had already started, I checked my ON DEMAND stuff and it was there, so I'm recording and watching it.

I have all the Godzilla movies (except two) on DVD (either studio produced or recorded myself)....and according to my cable they have both of the ones I didn't have. I'm recording SON now.....tomorrow I will record GODZILLA VS MECHAGODZILLA (1974).

SON is kinda goofy, more for kids, but it's Godzilla....and it's in widescreen. He's currently having to kick a giant spider's butt because it was trying to eat Sonny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"