A rebooted Godzilla in America

did you kiss your mother with that mouth!
....:hehe:
anyways, that movie was gold, imo one of the best movies of 1998

Your joking, right? Just trying to get a rise out of Godzilla fans, that kinda deal.

no, im serious
i like the old school godzilla movies, ive seen that one Godzilla movie in 2000, imo it was horrible

did you kiss your mother with that mouth!
....:hehe:
anyways, that movie was gold, imo one of the best movies of 1998

I sincerely hope you are joking. It was atrocious. It wasnt even Godzilla.

I like the idea of Godzilla attacking Seattle.

Here is my layout for a new Godzilla franchise.

The 1st film, as I have said, should be a 1950 period piece with Godzilla attacking the States instead of Japan. I'd also like to work in Godzilla attacking the Soviet Union, perhaps at the beginning of the film. Maybe, for one reason or another, the Soviets wouldn't know what the hell attacked them and they could blame the U.S. until Godzilla surfaces and attacks America as well. Bring back the original Japanese score, a CGI Godzilla that LOOKS like the original Godzilla, the message of Godzilla as a force of caused by the Atomic Bomb dropping, etc etc.

The 2nd film should be set in the present day, were most everything in the world is the same as it is today, except a gigantic fire bretahing monster attacked 55 years ago and the Government has been on edge, expecting another Godzilla at any time. This is why I want Godzilla to attack the Soviet Union, it balances things out and in this timeline the Soviets could not gain an advantage on the USA. Anyway, a new, more powerful Godzilla appears, but the United States is ready. Over the last 55-60 years, the US government has developed Mecha-Godzilla as a counter measure to another Godzilla attack. Along with Godzilla returning, include another monster, perhaps Anguirus as a nod to Godzilla Raids Again. This provides Godzilla with a mosnter to brawl with, and Mecha-Godzilla a monster to kill. I'm already having visions of the final battle between Godzilla and Mecha-Godzilla, along with military, taking place in the Nevada/New Mexico desert, both sides going balls to walls. After Godzilla reigns supreme, it's HERE that the United States is forced to drop a Hydrogen bomb to kill Godzila.

imo one of the best movies of 1998

Really? Do you recall that The Truman Show, The Big Lebowski, and Saving Private Ryan also came out in 1998?

Anyway, the US Godzilla movie could have worked OK as a mediocre giant monster flick if they had just called it something other than "Godzilla". It failed to deliver too much of what the classic Godzilla is known for.

Why would a producer waste money by trying to bring another lame-ass Godzilla movie to American audiences?

Jeez, it wasn't that bad. I think people are comparing the other movies which were alot cheesier, (maybe that was the point but now it doesn't hold up too well).

And it had Jene Reno in it!

Oh and by the way....the new Zillia is just about as bad as any other Zilla. I used to watch them....my god they were terrible. Strings, bad rubber suits, horrible plots....yikes.

Hehehe....bring it Zilla fans!!!

Zilla 98 was a good movie...if only they would have taken the word 'Godzilla' off the title.

To do a Godzilla movie, they should look to The Incredible Hulk, USA creates Godzilla, spends an hour trying to control or destroy it, they contain it, King Ghidorah lands from outer space, lands in Japan, wreaks havoc, the US realizes the only way to kill it is with their giant creature.

Godzilla 2000 was horrible. God... yeah, the Emmerich film was at least enjoyable enough to take it seriously, though that film has some cheesiness to it as well, it's just not outlandishly so.

I used to watch the old ones liek crazy as a little kid. Kong vs. Godzilla was my favorite. That was just epic beyond words for me at the time.

if the 1998 godzilla had been a remake of godzilla 1985 it would have been the 5#!+!

Last edited:
if the 1998 godzilla had been a remake of godzilla 1985 it would have been the 5#!+!

If by that you mean the 1998 Godzilla should have been a direct sequel to the original japanese Godzilla, I agree with you. Thats what I've always thought it should have been, although because of what the 1998 Godzilla turned out to be, now I think the best bet is the period piece.

But I agree, 1998 should have been a remake of Godzilla 1985. It really would have fit in well with the overall concept of Godzilla coming to America for the first time.

Last edited:
If by that you mean the 1998 Godzilla should have been a direct sequel to the original japanese Godzilla, I agree with you. Thats what I've always thought it should have been, although because of what the 1998 Godzilla turned out to be, now I think the best bet is the period piece.

But I agree, 1998 should have been a remake of Godzilla 1985. It really would have fit in well with the overall concept of Godzilla coming to America for the first time.

Yep -- agreed with all that. An updated sequel to the 1954 Godzilla could have still brought Godzilla to the US, while still keeping the elements that made Godzilla popular for so many decades intact.

They should do a new design. I dont really think either design is that good. Both Japanese, and American.

I don't know if anyone will be interested in an AMERICAN reboot of Godzilla.

Yep -- agreed with all that. An updated sequel to the 1954 Godzilla could have still brought Godzilla to the US, while still keeping the elements that made Godzilla popular for so many decades intact.

All true, and the preggo Godzilla nest storyline could have still been used. I actually dug that storyline. which was pretty much the only thing I liked about the American Godzilla film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"