Movie Adaptations You'd Like To See.

Body Smasher- sounds like Enter the dragon.

I think it's more like a cross of Enter The Dragon, Bloodsport, and Sum Of All Fears.

Enter The Dragon: Bruce Lee had already been invited to participate in Han's tournament when the government asks him to spy for them.

Body Smasher: Rick Harrison is recruited by his war buddy from Vietnam (the book's set in the 1980s) to go undercover for the CIA because they think they may have a leak.

Bloodsport: Frank Dux has to go through a rigorous training regimine (montage) in oreder to be ready for the kumate.

Body Smasher: Rick Harrison is not a pro wrestler and has to take a crash course in real catch-as-catch-can wrestling in order to be believable as a member of Team USA in The World Wrestling & Weightlifting Games (another montage).

Sum Of All Fears: Middle Eastern terrorists find an undetonated nuclear warhead, repair it, and smuggle it into the USA to detonate it and start a war between the US and Russia.

Body Smasher: Communist terrorists steal a bunch of weapons grade plutonium, build a nuclear bomb, smuggle it into the USA, and intend to detonate it at The World Wrestling & Weightlifting Games in hopes of inspiring "the workers of the world to stop playing sports and start a revolution".

Here we go:

----

Gargoyles

Gargoyles-Goliath.jpg

Live Action Gargoyles done in the vein of the 90s "Ninja Turtles" films would be all varying degrees of bad ass.

Get to it, Disney...

I actually had that same idea years ago, but forgot to put it on any of my lists.

Dark Empire (Star Wars sequels)

Problem with that is all the actors are too old to reprise their roles. The novels take place only a few years after The Battle Of Endor in Jedi. To make this movie you'll need either young professional look-alikes, or to do it in Motion Capture Computer Animation (like Beowulf and Polar Express). Then you could use the same actors and make them as young or old as you like.

A more likely Star Wars Sequel would be The New Jedi Order. I know most people prefer The Dark Empire Trilogy, but the only nonanimated way to get the original actors to reprise their roles would be to choose stories where the original characters are near the same age as the actors who portrayed them. If they do make a live action New Jedi Order trilogy, I'd suggest Kareem Abdul Jabar as Chewbacca's nephew Lowbacca. He's the right size to play a wookiee, and he was trained in kungfu by none other than Bruce Lee himself. Perfect for playing a wookiee jedi.

TV shows:
A-team (Hannibal:Bruce Willis, Face: Ryan Reynolds, BA: Terry Crewes,
Howling Mad: David Arquette)
I don't know about Bruce Willis as Hannibal. Ryan Reynolds as Face and David Arquette as Murdoch are good choices. But who's Terry Crewes?
Quantum Leap
That would be cool, I loved that show.
Sledge Hammer (not as a spoof, but as a funny cop movie)
Well, it sorta was a spoof, but it was also a funny cop show. They didn't go in for the same physical comedy that they did in Police Squad and the Naked Gun Movies. Maybe it's more accurate to call Sledge Hammer a satire.
Magnum PI (I actually think Matt MacConaughey would be awesome as long as it aint a romantic comedy)
That would be cool.

BOOKS:
Del Toro's "At The Mountains of Madness"

"Re-Animator": more faithful to the story without excessive gore and unnecessary sex and nudity. I'd love to see it made like an early 60's Hammer film.

Dracula(more faithful to the novel. Maybe this time they could get the characters right. And maybe the guy who writes it will understand that Dracula isn't tragic and the book isn't a romance)

COMICS
Mr. Monster
Swamp Thing

I doubt anyone could pull it off, but if they could, I would very very much like to see "House of Leaves" given a go.

Aside from that, if they could adapt Neil Gaiman's Sandman and/or Death and not screw them up, I think that'd be most top-notch.

The Andromeda Strain- I know there was a T.V. series but I wanted a movie.

The Historian- A Da Vinci Code like search for the existence of Dracula as Vlad Tepes/ Vlad the Impaler.

Other than the obvious comic book franchises needed and rumored and etc...

Ender's Game. Get the best kid actors and while the shooting schedule might be longer, it could be pretty trippy to see kids with these kid of psychoses.

The Authority. 300 on steroids. Super-powered, somewhat gay steroids, but steriods nonetheless.

Icon and Rocket. Denzel Washington and Keke Palmer. The story is somewhere between the typical Denzel movie, Akeelah and the Bee, and a more thought out version of Hancock or Superman Returns.

The Andromeda Strain- I know there was a T.V. series but I wanted a movie.

The Historian- A Da Vinci Code like search for the existence of Dracula as Vlad Tepes/ Vlad the Impaler.

Huh,...the writer of the Andromeda Strain, Michael Crighton, died today. Me said.:csad: He also wrote Jurassic Park, The Lost World, Congo and many more...:csad:

Huh,...the writer of the Andromeda Strain, Michael Crighton, died today. Me said.:csad: He also wrote Jurassic Park, The Lost World, Congo and many more...:csad:
Eaters of the Dead was a great book too...

Sure was. Wasn't 13 Warriors or something based on that?

Accelerando by Charles Stross would be AMAZING to adapt to film, Id have it rotoscoped like A Scanner Darkly.

Jonny Quest, absolutely. It's a crime that one hasn't been made.

That is the one movie that I would love to see. It's like TIN TIN mixed in with Indiana Jones and Lupin the III

Another book I'd love to see made into a movie is In The Net Of Dreams. It's sort of a cross between D&D and The Matrix. It's about this online virtual reality game where people go into a sensory deprivation chamber with electrodes attached all over their bodies and awaken inside the game of their choice (Space World, War World, Fantasy World, Hero World, Spy World, etc) as the avatar they've created for that game. Something goes wrong in Fantasy World and the game takes on a life of it's own. Now it's holding all the players hostage to keep from being shut down. There's a biofeedback loop which causes the players to die in real life if their avatar dies in the game. So the game company recruits one of Fantasy World's original designers (who also happens to be a world class swordsman) to enter the game and fix it from the inside. The game itself is a wild mixture of D&D gaming material, Grimm's fairy tails, Tolkien novel references, Greek and other mythologies. For example they meet Medusa's sister Euryale, and later meet the dragon Smaug, and still later meet Snow White and The Seven Dwarves. Then one Russian player calls himself "Robbing Hood and his Happy Comrades", who steal from the "Fat Capitalist Pigs" and give to the "Poor Working Peoples". There's also a gnome cleric named Father Justin Thyme. If you've never read the book, find a copy and give it a go. It's worth it. Once you've read it you'll probably agree with me, it should deffinately be a movie.

National Lampoon Presents...

BORED OF THE RINGS

CAST

Goodgulf Greytooth................................... Leslie Nielson

***** Bugger............................................ "Buthgar" from Willow

Frito Bugger............................................ Warwick Davis

Spam Gangree......................................... Verne Troyer

Moxie Dingleberry..................................... "Migosh" from Willow

Pepsi Dingleberry...................................... "Mickey" from Seinfeld

Tim Benzedrino......................................... Christopher Lloyd

Hashberry................................................ Courtney Love

Stomper/Arrowroot.................................... Jim Carrey

Gimlet...................................................... Bret Beatty

Legolam................................................... James Marsters

Bromosil................................................... Randhal "Tex" Cobb

The Jolly Green Giant................................. "The Big Show" Paul White

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"