Guardians of the Galaxy Fights you want to see?

AVEITWITHJAMON

Badass Cloud
Reaction score
Very surprised this hasnt come up already, what fights do you guys and gals want to see in the movie? It can be one vs one's, group vs one, group vs group, and of course, you can have in fighting as well, which everyone enjoyed in The Avengers so I wouldnt be surprised to see it again, anyway, here are mine:

In-fighting:
Drax vs Gamora
Rocket Raccoon vs Star-Lord (gun training simulation?)

Hero vs Villain one vs one:
Drax Vs Thanos
Gamora vs Thanos

Group fight:
Guardians Of The Galaxy vs Thanos.

Drax vs Thanos is the one I'm really waiting for. It should be absolutely brutal. The fact that Drax actually killed Thanos at least once makes this a high stakes rivalry that GotG should play up as much as it can. When the two of them go at it they should destroy everything in their path like a couple of warriors in berserker mode.

1371889-78226_174267_drax_the_destroyer_super.jpg

Drax vs Thanos is the one I'm really waiting for. It should be absolutely brutal. The fact that Drax actually killed Thanos at least once makes this a high stakes rivalry that GotG should play up as much as it can. When the two of them go at it they should destroy everything in their path like a couple of warriors in berserker mode.

1371889-78226_174267_drax_the_destroyer_super.jpg

Couldnt agree more with this, Drax vs Thanos should be the main rivalry in the movie for me, I want to see them having to be seperated a few times during the movie and then finally, at the end they have a big fight, and I want to see Drax glowing with power when he is fighting Thanos like in the pic from Annihilation you posted.

I hope they recreate that panel in Avengers 2 assuming the Guardians are present in that film.

Drax vs. Thanos
Gamora vs. Magus
Universal Church of Truth and Magus vs. the Guardians

I hope they recreate that panel in Avengers 2 assuming the Guardians are present in that film.

I dont know, I have a feeling they want to do Annihilation somewere down the line, hence them introducing the cosmic world, so I would rather they saved it for that. Even though the wait will kill me.

^I just think at some point we will see Annihilation on the big screen, or a variant of the comic book story, so I hope they save a few important and lets face it, brilliant parts for that.

I still want to see a bad-ass fight scene between Drax and Thanos though, I want them to let us see how bad-ass Drax is.

Very surprised this hasnt come up already, what fights do you guys and gals want to see in the movie? It can be one vs one's, group vs one, group vs group, and of course, you can have in fighting as well, which everyone enjoyed in The Avengers so I wouldnt be surprised to see it again, anyway, here are mine:

In-fighting:
Drax vs Gamora
Rocket Raccoon vs Star-Lord (gun training simulation?)

Hero vs Villain one vs one:
Drax Vs Thanos
Gamora vs Thanos

Group fight:
Guardians Of The Galaxy vs Thanos.

I'm not interested in seeing Drax vs Gamora since they will predictably make the female character win......as they did with Black Widow and Hawkeye in Avengers.

Pretty much anything involving Drax really, so I guess Drax vs Thanos and GOTG vs an extremly large group of enemies.

I'm not interested in seeing Drax vs Gamora since they will predictably make the female character win......as they did with Black Widow and Hawkeye in Avengers.

Not necessarily, it could be broken up like the Iron Man vs Thor fight, maybe Starlord, Rocket and Groot stop them, I would still like to see it, as it would show their different fighting skills and it would show Gamora as a truly bad-ass female.

I want to see Drax & Thanos toe to toe & when finally Thanos gets the upper hand. Groot starts savagely pounding Thanos into the ground giving Drax time to get back up.

^That would be awesome, I would want the final fight to start with Drax vs Thanos, this goes on for a little while before Thanos starts to overwhelm Drax and then the rest of the Guardians would join in. They wouldnt beat Thanos of course, but they would stop or put a major dent in his plans.

I want to see Drax & Thanos toe to toe & when finally Thanos gets the upper hand. Groot starts savagely pounding Thanos into the ground giving Drax time to get back up.

Is Groot really that strong? I thought Drax was stronger than him, but then again I've never known Groot's strength level.

Is Groot really that strong? I thought Drax was stronger than him, but then again I've never known Groot's strength level.

Nope, he's not. He's strong, but he's been destroyed by Hulk..so he's not an elite guy when it comes to strength, nor should his blows be anything more than minor minor annoyances to thanos

Nope, he's not. He's strong, but he's been destroyed by Hulk..so he's not an elite guy when it comes to strength, nor should his blows be anything more than minor minor annoyances to thanos

The general perception in these threads is that Groot's gonna be the powerhouse of the team.

The general perception in these threads is that Groot's gonna be the powerhouse of the team.

oh he definitally will be. That's clear. I suppose it depends on scale. But groot, generally, should not be strong enough to hurt thanos long term, or pound him into the ground

Being fair, *nobody* on the Guardians is really capable of hurting Thanos in any direct way. Drax can manage it solely by virtue of being Thanos-Kryptonite, and Adam Warlock has managed it in the past, by virtue of having the Soul Gem. Otherwise, these aren't really people who can do a whole lot to Thanos.

( going by the comics, subject to revision in MCU, some conditions may apply, no purchase necessary, may cause cancer in California )

I'm sure Groot could pound Thanos a little bit, but it wouldnt have any lasting effect, really only Drax is capable of taking Thanos down, and even then that is a 2 times out of 10 situation.

Drax is the powerhouse and should be in the movie as well. Groot can do some damage through his sheer size though.

oh he definitally will be. That's clear. I suppose it depends on scale. But groot, generally, should not be strong enough to hurt thanos long term, or pound him into the ground

Why would Groot be the powerhouse if Drax is stronger? I don't really understand...

I'm sure Groot could pound Thanos a little bit, but it wouldnt have any lasting effect, really only Drax is capable of taking Thanos down, and even then that is a 2 times out of 10 situation.

Drax is the powerhouse and should be in the movie as well. Groot can do some damage through his sheer size though.

I think he will be as well, I've never really looked at Groot as being all that strong.

Why would Groot be the powerhouse if Drax is stronger? I don't really understand...

I think he will be as well, I've never really looked at Groot as being all that strong.

With Groot its always been his size, he is strong because of that and that obviously leads to him being a powerhouse of sorts. It means he can do things other characters couldnt, like in Annihilation: Conquest when he destroys the tower. But generally Drax is more powerful, even now when he isnt as powerful as he used to be.

Being fair, *nobody* on the Guardians is really capable of hurting Thanos in any direct way. Drax can manage it solely by virtue of being Thanos-Kryptonite, and Adam Warlock has managed it in the past, by virtue of having the Soul Gem. Otherwise, these aren't really people who can do a whole lot to Thanos.

( going by the comics, subject to revision in MCU, some conditions may apply, no purchase necessary, may cause cancer in California )

exactly.

well, for one, he isn't classic drax, and look at the characters anatomy. Size, to some small extend DOES matter. Think about it, classic drax was a big mofo, like, Hulking. I am not sure how strong he is currently, and he is probably say...6'2' or 6'4''. but more powerful than groot

This is the look they are using in the film. Overall, as characters, Drax has MUCH more impressive strength feats, however, they are using his weaker, modern look for his appearance for this movie, so with drax being basically a regular sized guy who is in shape, he may just be a fighter with some decent strength. But in a movie, if there is a 25 foot tree on the team, what else can he be? He HAS to be the powerhouse. Due to his sheer size. I personally do think Drax *SHOULD* be the powerhouse, but it has to be groot. Especially if drax has the whole kryptonite thing going on, that's an advantage he has on Thanos, so groot can still be the powerhouse, though I don't see him being nearly as strong as hulk, so I don't think groot should really be able to hurt thanos.

Groot really hasn't been that strong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"