Guardians of the Galaxy Guardians of the Galaxy: Countdown Thread

318 DAYS LEFT

KcxEjDk.jpg

And Ronan is back in it, with the Avengers fully involved in the Skrull-Kree war n space now. Interestingly, he's drawn as a pink skinned Kree here like in his first appearance in FF #65 for some reason.

317 DAYS LEFT

OzlXBFW.jpg

Kind of weird to see Ronan trying to destroy the Supreme Intelligence lol.

316 DAYS LEFT

x0YwQIm.jpg

So Ronan gets another three year hiatus before showing back up in Captain Marvel, mind controlled by the Supreme Intelligence to serve him and fight Captain Marvel and Rick Jones.

315 DAYS LEFT

XloPziS.jpg

Just a quick appearance in what seems to be some kind of cube prison next to the Super Kree Sentry.

314 DAYS LEFT

KHMqr5w.jpg

Man I didn't realize how much of a token villain Ronan was back in the day.

313 DAYS LEFT

3TLAajz.jpg

So Ronan is paraplegic now working as a farmer on Earth....lol.

312 DAYS LEFT

eHrqKvJ.jpg

The Inhumans? In a Kree comic? Could only be awesome. Ronan just shows up in a quick flashback of events.

311 DAYS LEFT

zbXcwH5.jpg

Just another check-up on Paraplegic Ronan..."Ronan do good??" Yes Ronan, you do good.

310 DAYS LEFT

ydPOTKe.jpg

And Ronan finally stops being a mushroom.

309 DAYS LEFT

IVvLWeR.jpg

And thus ends the legend of Captain Marvel. Ronan only shows up as a flashback of all the people Mar-Vell took on. So, pretty much for the first 15 years of Ronan's character life he was little more than a Captain Marvel villain.

308 DAYS LEFT

VnufvgK.jpg

After Captain Marvel's death, Ronan doesn't show up in an actual canon ongoing for another 6 years until this issue. We meet back up with him as he's protecting the replacement for the Supreme Intelligence, Nenora. Kind of weird to see Ronan hit on a woman, let alone his superior.

307 DAYS LEFT

TIxz1rA.jpg

Ronan thinking he accused Silver Surfer but it was actually a Skrull. Lel.

306 DAYS LEFT

N5VkGoX.jpg

The art of the space battles in this book are gorgeous. Ronan is defeated pretty easily by Silver Surfer.

305 DAYS LEFT

YERu9Zi.jpg

And we're finally to Operation: Galactic Storm. This is probably the story that made him popular enough to give a bigger role in the comics going forward.

304 DAYS LEFT

JYN1zl6.jpg

We can see Korath, Ronan's partner who is also in the movie.

303 DAYS LEFT

Hy6lYYg.jpg

Moving further into Galactic Storm. This is such a good event. It's like the prototype for Infinity.

302 DAYS LEFT

MSlKVkR.jpg

Beautiful art this issue and we get to see the star force. Ronan is a much more layered character in this compared to his past portrayals as a token villain.

301 DAYS LEFT

RN4z9sC.jpg

Very appropriate cover art. Man this event is great.

300 DAYS LEFT

xGEaOOD.jpg

Truly beautiful cover. Everything coming to a head with this issue.

299 DAYS LEFT

q7iKtZE.jpg

Last SS annual we got Nebula, this time Ronan. This was his first appearance since his role in Galactic Storm, two years later. The Kree starship in this was drawn beautifully, and the art all around was just beautiful. It really captured the space opera vibe well. Was interesting seeing Ronan interact with Mar-Vell's son.

Is that the Supreme Intelligence I spy on the left, with a bruiser's body ready to throw down with the Shi'ar? I hope he kicked some ass, then. After a million years as a floating head he had to have some pent-up rage to release.

301 DAYS LEFT

RN4z9sC.jpg

Very appropriate cover art. Man this event is great.

Is that the Supreme Intelligence I spy on the left, with a bruiser's body ready to throw down with the Shi'ar? I hope he kicked some ass, then. After a million years as a floating head he had to have some pent-up rage to release.
Yep that's him. Kind of weird.

298 DAYS LEFT

caF0W5y.jpg

Okay, so apparently I was wrong about Galactic Storm being the springboard for Ronan to show up more in the comics because this is his first real appearance since that Silver Surfer annual...6 years later. Ronan was really used historically even less than I always figured. Well, at least after this he becomes more of a main stay, and appears at least once every year. Interestingly, this is the first Fantastic Four comic Ronan appeared in since his first appearance...a 32 year gap. Fun facts.

Claremont appropriately reintroduces Ronan by recapping his origin in a way through a training simulation and explaining the Kree's status post-Galactic Storm.

297 DAYS LEFT

kC8l7Pg.jpg

And Ronan takes the FF to the blue are of the moon for...something. Not sure, just skimmed over the issue really quick.

296 DAYS LEFT

nb2YRME.jpg

Under Ronan's control Sue activates something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"