The Cyclops/Scott Summers Thread

I hope Cyclops has a greater role in the MCU in Fox Movies Cyclops was only a Secondary Character in the MCU Cyclops should be the Leader of the X-Men

I hope Cyclops has a greater role in the MCU in Fox Movies Cyclops was only a Secondary Character in the MCU Cyclops should be the Leader of the X-Men
I’m sure he’ll have a much better role than the neutered Fox version. The MCU made a success of Cap which was definitely not a guaranteed cert ahead of time, so there is every chance they can do that with Cyke too.

I think :storm:and :cyclops: would be the biggest improvements compare to foXverse.

But still, its still years away. We are going to see the foXverse characters again (specifically Storm and Cyclops) in supporting roles again but this time in the MCU.

I think :storm:and :cyclops: would be the biggest improvements compare to foXverse.

But still, its still years away. We are going to see the foXverse characters again (specifically Storm and Cyclops) in supporting roles again but this time in the MCU.
Would be great if the MCU can get them both right and give the X-Men some structure from the top. Eventually they could lead separate teams that cross paths regularly and combine for X-Men team up events.

I hope we'll have a mature Cyclops, like Marsden in first trilogy. But more developped, fighting for Xavier's ideas and mutantkind' rights
the central figure of MCU X-men

I don't think I want to see a young (teen/early to mid 20s) Cyclops again that is ineXperienced in battle.

I wouldn't mind a young Scott as long as the rest of the main cast (Jean in particular) is around the same age. There is definitely a story to be told about young, self-doubting Cyclops learning how to be a leader and a warrior. And of course there's the argument that a young cast in general would work better in introducing the concept of mutants to MCU.

Last edited:
We'd be lucky to see Marvel's X-Men in 2027 and by that point, everyone we've seen in the MCU films are 90% 30 and above. Do we really want to see Cyclops, Jean, Storm visibly younger than Spider-Man, Kamala Khan, Shuri?

Second, I find certain characters like Storm, Cyclops, Jean more interesting as adults in their 30s. They could more well more rounded, more eXperienced, deeper people as oppose to teen version/early to mid 20s version of themselves.

Guess you never read Champions.

Will Scott have the trunks!
samuel-shin-x-men-cyclops-alt.jpg

I think Josh Dallas should be the MCU Cyclops.
I don't know. While I liked him just fine in Once Upon A Time, he never stood out for me as an actor. And he's older than I'd prefer for MCU Scott. I would go for an actor in their late twenties. Someone like Paul Mescal or Harris Dickinson. Or maybe Jacob Elordi whose work I'm not familiar with but have heard good thing about.

Could def see Mescal as Cyke and he's apparently been on Marvel's radar before for Human Torch.

Last edited:
I don't know. While I liked him just fine in Once Upon A Time, he never stood out for me as an actor. And he's older than I'd prefer for MCU Scott. I would go for an actor in their late twenties. Someone like Paul Mescal or Harris Dickinson. Or maybe Jacob Elordi whose work I'm not familiar with but have heard good thing about.
I'm unimpressed with Josh Dallas's acting as well.

Another pick I would go with: Jacob Elordi as Scott Summers/Cyclops

I don't know. While I liked him just fine in Once Upon A Time, he never stood out for me as an actor. And he's older than I'd prefer for MCU Scott.

I'd prefer the characters to be older than how they're usually portrayed so that you have a wide range of ages to show that the problems facing mutants can affect absolutely anyone, not just teenagers and people in their early-late 20s.

I've never read an X-Men comic so my exposure to the X-Men has consisted of the Fox animated series, the movies, X-Men evolution, Wolverine and the X-Men, X-Men next dimension, X-Men Legends 1 and X-Men legends 2. I only know who Bastion is as a character thanks to the games which has helped for X-Men 97. I don't know how Cyclops is portrayed in the comics but in the cartoons he's normally portrayed as a bit of a boy scout in comparison to Wolverine's rebel.

It's Dallas' role in OUAT that makes me think he'd play a good Cyclops as I understand the character. He cares about his wife (Jean Grey), he has a strong sense of right and wrong compared to Wolverine's morally grey, he believes in Xavier's cause, he has good leadership skills etc. I want Cyclops' rivalry with Wolverine to be because he views Wolverine as a threat to everything he holds dear( eg the family life he's built for himself, doing the right thing even though it might be harder than doing the wrong thing, holding the team together, etc) rather than simple jealousy that Wolverine might "steal his girl". Having Cyclops be older gives more of that feel in my opinion rather than him being younger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"