The Dark Knight The Dark Knight 10th Anniversary Screenings

Looks like the Galaxy Theatres have also pulled The Dark Knight from their schedule.

Last edited:
I ended up making it to the screening at the Alamo in Brooklyn last night.

Was such a joy. I'm still a bit of a ways off from getting my 4k system, so getting to see a film print with the accurate color timing and everything was amazing. Also, hearing it with movie theater sound just made me feel like I haven't been experiencing it properly for the past 10 years. Reminds you how visceral an experience it is. And there are so many subtle moments of score/sound design that I barely even noticed were there watching at home on my measly sound bar.

Older movies in theaters definitely should be more of a common thing. It really is like seeing it with fresh eyes again.

I would love to be able to watch this film in IMAX. There's an IMAX theater close to me but they only play educational movies. Beyond frustrating and baffling.

I also agree on bringing back older movies for theatrical releases. I would kill to finally experience Batman 89 and Returns in the cinema.

I ended up making it to the screening at the Alamo in Brooklyn last night.

Was such a joy. I'm still a bit of a ways off from getting my 4k system, so getting to see a film print with the accurate color timing and everything was amazing. Also, hearing it with movie theater sound just made me feel like I haven't been experiencing it properly for the past 10 years. Reminds you how visceral an experience it is. And there are so many subtle moments of score/sound design that I barely even noticed were there watching at home on my measly sound bar.

Older movies in theaters definitely should be more of a common thing. It really is like seeing it with fresh eyes again.

Glad to hear you made the Drafthouse screening. I was hoping you'd either catch this, or the other 35mm screening.

I would love to be able to watch this film in IMAX. There's an IMAX theater close to me but they only play educational movies. Beyond frustrating and baffling.

I also agree on bringing back older movies for theatrical releases. I would kill to finally experience Batman 89 and Returns in the cinema.

Well I got good news on the Batman 89 front. Some theatres in the country are following the "Flashback Cinema" series this Summer. "The Dark Knight" was originally part of the line up, but due to some mixup WB pulled that film and replaced it with "Batman"(1989). See if any of your local theatres are participating in this series.

Glad to hear you made the Drafthouse screening. I was hoping you'd either catch this, or the other 35mm screening.

Thanks, very nice of you to even care! :woot:

The funny thing is I do still have passes for the other 35mm screening for me and a couple of buddies, so it's possible I'll be lucky enough to catch it twice. My wife surprised me with the Alamo screening as an anniversary present, which was quite the lovely surprise. The other screening is first-come, first-serve so now at least I won't be too bummed if we can't get in.

Btw, the Flashback Cinema thing seems amazing. I've basically wanted something like this for ages- a program that consistently shows classic movies. I hope it's successful and sticks around. I need to talk to my local indie theater and see if they'd consider getting in on that.

Well I got good news on the Batman 89 front. Some theatres in the country are following the "Flashback Cinema" series this Summer. "The Dark Knight" was originally part of the line up, but due to some mixup WB pulled that film and replaced it with "Batman"(1989). See if any of your local theatres are participating in this series.

Thanks. I'm in Canada, my local theater recently started playing older movies occasionally on weekends so I'm hopeful they'll get around to playing those eventually. Maybe around the time Reeves Batman film comes out.

Ill be watching this in 4K on the 10th anniversary! Im trying to wait until the exact day, but I wanna watch it now haha. I've already watched the film 4 times this year already though, so there's that but still haha.

Last edited:
Ill be watching this in 4K on the 10th anniversary! Im trying to wait until the exact day, but I wanna watch it now haha. I've already watched the film 4 times this year already though, so there's that but still haha.

I've held off on rewatching it this year. I wanted to wait until I could catch it in a theatre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"