The Dark Knight Game: What Really Happened

*hit E if you wanna get in the pool with the supermodels*

I wouldn't mind doing some training as Wayne either.

Last edited:
Yea that would be cool, make it sorta like a RPG. You go back to the Bat cave for training or something and learn new moves and what not.

I meant before becoming Batman--but ^ that's cool too.

I'd also like to scare the s**t out of people. Remember that mission in San Andreas when you drive around with a mob guy tied to your car..? :funny:

HAHAHA yea, the one up and down the Las Vegas strip? Well, not the real Vegas, you know what I mean! :D I kept splatting him though!! :hehe:

This is how I’d love a Batman game. You play as either Batman or Nightwing and the game is freerom. The time changes from day to night much like Grand Theft Auto however the rotation is much longer from night to day. You are free to go wherever you wish at any time, however being seen by people will lower an overall ranking Batman and Nightwing have. This is pretty much determine how civilians, police and criminals see Batman and Nightwing.

If Batman and Nightwing manage to stay off the main streets during the night and take the crime away from the public eye, then criminals encountered will be more frightened. However if Batman and Nightwing run around civilians then more people will know about them. And when they encounter a group of criminals, Batman and Nightwing won’t strike as much fear, because more people know about them.

Using smoke grenades, smashing street lights with batarangs or throwing criminals into alleys will make Batman and Nightwing less noticeable to the public, and therefore make criminals more scared.

Each and every criminal during the course of the game can be interrogated for information that could lead Batman and Nightwing to a bigger threat. For example if Batman stopped a criminal from stealing a car, and he is successful in the interrogation, then the criminal could provide Batman with information. Say the meeting location, or a time of day when they usually meet. Anything. But you as the player would need to piece the information together to figure it out.

Much like everyone else is saying, I would have many small time criminals which hold connections to major Batman villains. And looking over the entire thing is one big bad criminal who is pulling the strings which Batman must solve. Each major villain Batman and Nightwing take down will hold some clue as to who is behind it all, and once captured, they will be taken to Arkham where Batman and Nightwing are able to speak with them at any time.

Police know about Batman and Nightwing which is why you are able to move around them freely. However much like Grand Theft Auto and Saints Row, Batman and Nightwing can be become the enemy of the police. If Batman and Nightwing get on the wrong side of the law, a threat level will appear. A few different threat levels will appear making Batman and Nightwing wanted criminals and quickly become hunted by the Gotham Specials Forces Unit. Police helicopters and other threats will keep the heroes in check and the only way to remove the threat level is lay low for a while.

Get a chance to speak with Commissioner Gordon and the threat level will slowly drop. Being freerom with lots of things to see and do, Batman and Nightwing will have constant communication with Oracle via the (xbox 360) headset. Alfred will also offer up to date information via the batcave in regards to vehicle and suit upgrades. Oracle will be the eyes and ears of Gotham city viewable by security cameras, which she will pass on the location of any crimes taking place. She will also provide information on criminals captured and location blueprints if available.

When arriving at a crime scene, and if done so before police have shown up, Batman and Nightwing will be given a short amount of time to go over the scene. A timer on the screen will appear informing you of the current ETA of the police, with a picture in picture of the approaching police. With information gathered from the scene, which is done much like Condemned, Batman and Nightwing can either hang around for the police, or take off without them knowing they were there.

Another feature I’d love in the game is the tracking system. Picture this: Batman sees a major drug deal taking place, but has never been able to find the location of the dealers place. So when he sees the drug dealer arriving, Batman pulls out his binoculars and zooms in to hear the conversation. This is done by Batman reading their lips and speaking the dialogue so we as the player can hear. Once the deal is taking place, Batman can do one of two things. Either A, allow the deal to go down and follow the dealer back to his place, or B, stop the deal.

Batman drops down from the building, engages in a quick fight, but allows the dealer to run. Batman then uses his grappling hook to take to the building roof and follows the dealer using the tracking system. With a picture in picture, we can play the game, but also see the dealer making his way along the street looking over his shoulder to make sure he isn’t being followed. His heart beat and hearing can be heard as he tries his hardest to escape being followed.

With the camera being looking onto him, Batman is able to follow the dealer back to wherever he goes and take him down hopefully catching the bigger fish. With Batman beating the living crap out of the dealer and his friends, he is able to get information off them. A time, or even a date of a shipment coming in. However he doesn’t know the pier or anything else. It’s then a matter of time to head to the docks and looking for unusually activity to find the pier.

Maybe the dealer mentioned a cop that was involved. So maybe Batman goes after the cop while he is on patrol. Or maybe as Bruce Wayne, he goes to the police station to donate some much needed funds and places a tracker on the cop involved. However he does it, Batman will be able to find out the location as long as he searches for it by talking to the right people.

Say another person Batman and Nightwing are looking for as burnt another building to the ground. However the only clue they have is a description of the guy and box of matches from a sleazy strip club. So they head to the club and bust it up. When everyone leaves, they grab the owner and demand to know who the pyro is. The only thing the owner knows as that the pyro has a taste for prostitutes. With this information, Batman must now find the local prostitutes hang out and wait around hoping for the pyro to show up. Once he does, they can attack. Or Batman and Nightwing can talk to the girls and get information off them.

Missions can be unlocked by interrogating criminals which opens up new story paths and leads to the big villain. Also speaking with Gordon and pretty much just patrolling the city as Batman and Nightwing would.

So there you go, my idea for a Batman game. I know its long, but hey, it could be done.

Large text! I like the ideas.. except for Nightwing. Nothing against him though :O

Thanks man, but even changing it to Robin....I'm just a big fan of Nightwing :)

I'll take Nightwing over Robin any day.

haha, well I just see the game as being a game where once finished, you can play as Batman, Robin, Nightwing, Batgirl and Catwoman.

I just don't like side-kicks :O :oldrazz:

Haha yea, the more side-kicks Batman has, the more hokey he becomes. Its why i love the Nolan-Verse, NO sidekicks...ever.

I would like side-kicks on screen if they're up for only 2 minutes and then die in horrible bizarre ways, much like Spinal Tap's drummers

Does any one know if it is possible for someone else to pick this game up? Could WB take the defunct project and give it to another studio to finish developing and publish (maybe Eidos who secured the rights to Arkham)?

I understand they wanted to capitalize on the DVD release, but this game was rumored to be set after the events of the film anyway...and I believe it would still move major units.

Does any one know if it is possible for someone else to pick this game up? Could WB take the defunct project and give it to another studio to finish developing and publish (maybe Eidos who secured the rights to Arkham)?

I understand they wanted to capitalize on the DVD release, but this game was rumored to be set after the events of the film anyway...and I believe it would still move major units.

Probably not.. There is a slight chance that if Arkham Asylum does well they could say "Hey, didn't we have a Batman game in the works? Let's push it out soon." However, I think this has joined the many games that were killed during production never to see the light of day.

Na I don't think it would just be carried on by a different developer. If they do decide to make a TDK game I reckon the old one will be scrapped and they'll start over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"