The Dark Knight Rises The Dark Knight Rises Trailer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we know Hines Ward is. I think the Gotham Knights is mostly made up of players from the Pittsburgh Steelers (including Big Ben, Palumalu, Ward, and others) and they all use their real names and numbers. I believe the other team is all made up players

The football team is called the Gotham Rogues not the Knights (though the gotham times back in 08 showed that the baseball team are the Knights)

Ok, seriously. I've heard this bull-**** one to many times now. This is NOTHING personal, and there's no anger here :-) It just needs to be said. Saying stuff like TDK only earning as much as it did because ledger died, or some crap like that MAY be true. May_be, yes. But damn is that stuff getting truly sickening now at days. You know what, I have another theory: Maybe TDK earned that much money because the movie was actually ****ing, insanely, badass and brilliant, overall! How about that for a change? I know it's completely waaay out there for me to even THINK that could ever be a possibility, right? Word of mouth goes a long way dear fellow poster and so does repeated viewings. This movie deserved every dime it earned, and not just because of Heaths Joker! But Heath's performance, was definitely beyond believe, no one denies that.

Still, instisting that TDK couldn't be beaten by "Rises"? I mean, being so god_damn sure that "Rises" won't ever have a chance of coming out on top, is just PLAIN__FREAKEN_SILLY, considering the momentum and hype around it already!! I mean, for Christ sakes, "Avatar" went on to become the best selling flick of all time, solely based on hype! Did it really deserve it though?? Hell NO!... Did that CG movie deserve a best picture nomination, when TDK wasn't even nominated!? What kind of sick joke is that?! "The Dark Knight" was for some time really chopping right at the ass of Cameron's own "Titanic" back in 08, battling the spot for number 1 at the box-office! "Rises" looks ****ing unbelievable as of now, and the hype will only INcrease even more with future trailers and marketing! It's the conclusion to almighty "Dark Knight" for Petes sake! LOOK AT IT! Don't even presume to think you know what sort of numbers this movie will end up getting... Cause to tell you the truth, If good enough, this one could definitely end up topping TDK in ticket sales! I aint saying that for sure. But don't say it isn't possible I think that would be a big ****ing mistake... Carry on now.:cwink:

I see my inference bothered you a tad. Not that I every said such a thing but I guess it is the "obvious" element in your mind.

My argument is actually focusing on how competitive the season gets. I mean the the truth is Cameron has twice released his film to moderate numbers only to coast to box office heaven in the subsequent empty months. Now say Transformers came out 2.5 weeks after Avatar...

Anyways, you're right who knows, I mean all you fans hated TF3 and it's the 4th highest grosser ever. If a "garbarge" bay film can out class TDK in $$ than surely it's very sequel can too right?

That being said, I'm not a fan of the ignorant, and now that you have brought it up, the question is thrown to you. All things being equal, how much more money would it have made had Heath not overdosed(or whatever happened) and had not created a must see aura around the film and his performance...The exact same right?

Where's that quote where Nolan says the films shouldn't be studied and are just fun when you need it?

Ehh, it kind of depends on your viewpoint. True-red conservatives hold tight to the status quo no matter what, especially if it's benefits them. Liberals are the ones who always wants to make things better even if shakes up the establishment, which is what Batman does.

But Batman is all sorts of weird paradoxes. That's why we love him, right? :yay:

Good point. I mean "conservative figure" in the manner of someone with a certain set of values based around good vs evil, black and white, with no shades of grey. Something that some people claim is blind, and something that many people think of when they think of conservative foreign policy.
As for TDK being political, I find it very political. However, like you said, Nolan never says if Batman's actions were ultimately right or wrong. The ending is certainly left open to interpret it both ways, which I like. However, it doesn't offend me. As I said, I've always read Batman as more conservative figure, so the themes of the film fit his character. I would expect the same treatment from a more liberal character. Nolan's lack of patting Batman on the back, nor scolding him, is a brilliant move that does not alienate certain political groups, nor does it come across as preachy. All IMO. No hard feelings if you disagree:oldrazz:

Last edited:
Not sure if I would say conservatives simply hold to the status quo, while liberals simply make things better by shaking things up. This is more so your own personal feelings toward conservatives. The assumption that conservatives are simply out to benefit themselves is also kind of unfair.
http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=2682730&page=1#.TumphLIk67s
Conservatives tend to give more to charitable causes than liberals. They simply disagree with forced donation. Not sure how that equates to them simply trying to benefit.
Yeah I worded it wrong. But still, the reason why they're called "conservatives" should be because they want things to stay the same. Liberals want to shake things up, bad or good. :oldrazz:

I know some conservatives (related to some, in fact...Asians are notoriously traditional), so it's not bagging on them as a whole. And I'm not sure if my interpretation is really how it officially is, but that's how I personally draw the line.

"Rises" could end up topping "Dark Knight" in sales... YES, it could! Stop saying it couldn't because of Ledger, it's vomiting.. The hype and momentum Bat-3 has got going, and rightfully so, is ****ing insane!!!

I say never say never Right! I work at AMC Loews Lincoln Square in NYC. We are already selling tickets for The Dark Knight Rises midnight show on July 19th. It has already sold 108 tickets sold last time I checked. I've never seen us pre-sell a film so early, but this is THE ONE!!!!! The prologue wowed the crap out of me. My god. This thing will be amazing.

Also, don't underestimate the tagline "THE EPIC CONCLUSION . . . TO THE DARK KNIGHT LEGEND."

That's cleverly (and strategically) placed in the marketing (probably by WB and not Nolan, because it's so boring:oldrazz:) to tell the audience "Hey, look, this is the LAST one!! You gotta see how it ends!"

And with that simple line of thinking in a trailer, Henry looks over at Martha and says, "Honey, it's the last one, we gotta see it!"

And boom - people will flock to this movie in droves. We won't see anything like it. You think Avatar was bad ... this will make your heads spin.

Good point. I mean "conservative figure" in the manner of someone with a certain set of values based around good vs evil, back and white, with no shades of grey. Something that some people claim is blind, and something that many people think of when they think of conservative foreign policy.
As for TDK being political, I find it very political. However, like you said, Nolan never says if Batman's actions were ultimately right or wrong. The ending is certainly left open to interpret it both ways, which I like. However, it doesn't offend me. As I said, I've always read Batman as more conservative figure, so the themes of the film fit his character. I would expect the same treatment from a more liberal character. Nolan's lack of patting Batman on the back, nor scolding him, is a brilliant move that does not alienate certain political groups, nor does it come across as preachy. All IMO. No hard feelings if you disagree:oldrazz:
Oh I absolutely agree. Not sure why you'd think otherwise. :funny:

What I may disagree (if you could call it that) is saying TDK is political. IMO a movie is only truly "political" if it's trying to persuade you that a political ideology is right or wrong. Otherwise it's just pointing it out, but not really having an opinion.

Conservatives or liberals...I think nearly all of us want the same things. We just disagree on how we should get there. :yay:

Ok, seriously. I've heard this bull-**** one to many times now. This is NOTHING personal, and there's no anger here :-) It just needs to be said. Saying stuff like TDK only earning as much as it did because ledger died, or some crap like that MAY be true. May_be, yes. But damn is that stuff getting truly sickening now at days. You know what, I have another theory: Maybe TDK earned that much money because the movie was actually ****ing, insanely, badass and brilliant, overall! How about that for a change? I know it's completely waaay out there for me to even THINK that could ever be a possibility, right? Word of mouth goes a long way dear fellow poster and so does repeated viewings. This movie deserved every dime it earned, and not just because of Heaths Joker! But Heath's performance, was definitely beyond believe, no one denies that.

Still, instisting that TDK couldn't be beaten by "Rises"? I mean, being so god_damn sure that "Rises" won't ever have a chance of coming out on top, is just PLAIN__FREAKEN_SILLY, considering the momentum and hype around it already!! I mean, for Christ sakes, "Avatar" went on to become the best selling flick of all time, solely based on hype! Did it really deserve it though?? Hell NO!... Did that CG movie deserve a best picture nomination, when TDK wasn't even nominated!? What kind of sick joke is that?! "The Dark Knight" was for some time really chopping right at the ass of Cameron's own "Titanic" back in 08, battling the spot for number 1 at the box-office! "Rises" looks ****ing unbelievable as of now, and the hype will only INcrease even more with future trailers and marketing! It's the conclusion to almighty "Dark Knight" for Petes sake! LOOK AT IT! Don't even presume to think you know what sort of numbers this movie will end up getting... Cause to tell you the truth, If good enough, this one could definitely end up topping TDK in ticket sales! I aint saying that for sure. But don't say it isn't possible I think that would be a big ****ing mistake... Carry on now.:cwink:

Without turning this thread into a massive debate, Ledger's death and The Joker being his last screen performance is partly why the film was so massive. The film would not have made as much without his death. It's a sad, terrible fact because of the society we live in, but a true one.

Inception made 825 million and that was an original property. Nolan is well loved beyond just batfans on the hype, and huge amounts of people saw the Dark Knight. They hype for this insane. There's been a number of reporters commenting about the fact that its somewhat telling that biggest holiday film event this year isn't any of the actual movies but the Prologue that has everyone talking.

This film can easily outgross TDK

Good point.
There is definitely pre TDK nolan $$ and post.

However it's hardly a "fact" that the prologue is anything at this moment. That would be hyperbole if I've ever seen it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"