The Dark Knight Rises The Official The Dark Knight Rises Pictures, Videos, And News Thread

B.A. Baracus

Sidekick
Reaction score
Apparently filming has started on the dark knight rises (albeit of buildings) this is the thread for any set pictures, video's and news. not just gossip.

This is a very different thread to sequel hunters as this is not just speculation.

Around this time when filming The Dark Knight we saw the first picture of the Tumbler being transported to the set. Heres hoping for the same.

What Im looking forward most as of now is seeing the design of Bane. Hes my number 3 favorite Batman villain

First set photo?!
http://batman-news.com/2011/02/14/first-set-photo-from-the-dark-knight-rises/

5445585427abe531645ab.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome, I'm glad their using large sets instead of just Chicago.

Would love to see Arkham back for TDKR, but that's definitely the same set used for Batman Begins... wouldn't be surprised if it was old.
I don't remember that being in Begins, at least that part of the set.

So wait, is the photo legit? Is it a recent photo (from current work in the Cardington Hangers) or is this a old set picture from Begins?

I just learned that those were from the Mill Hill set, not the Cardington Hanger. Those pics are from the roof scene of Arkham, where we see Batman gas Scarecrow. The "new" pic is from Cardington Hanger, which was used in BB, where Gordon takes the gassed Rachel outside, while Batman distracts the SWAT's with bats. :cwink:

Yeah, I should have checked the info thread. :doh:

I just learned that those were from the Mill Hill set, not the Cardington Hanger. Those pics are from the roof scene of Arkham, where we see Batman gas Scarecrow. The "new" pic is from Cardington Hanger, which was used in BB, where Gordon takes the gassed Rachel outside, while Batman distracts the SWAT's with bats. :cwink:
oh.. Well, that's a disappointment. :csad:

So wait, is the photo legit? Is it a recent photo (from current work in the Cardington Hangers) or is this a old set picture from Begins?
From what I was told over at the Nolan-fan forums, it is an old set from BB. Geoff Boucher had pictures of him in front of the Arkham set, while visiting the areas that Nolan used to shoot Inception in the Hanger, which was back in '09.

Now, I don't know for sure if this is legit, this is just what I was told. Plus, it looks exactly like the same area that Gordon took Rachel out of during the movie, but again, the other BB-set pics are from the roof top of Arkham. ;)

I dunno, I keep getting told different things from different people. I know the old BB set photos that we have right now, are from Mill Hill, which isn't in Cardington Hanger. Then, I was told that the new pic was used when Gordon was taking Rachel out, so I boot up the movie, and they're wrong. The Mill Hill pics are the ones of when Gordon carries Rachel out, and the roof of Arkham is completely different.

In other words, I think the new pics may be of a new set, but I'm not sure, it's just my opinion of going back and matching things up with the movie. The new pics look similar, but totally different for many reasons. But I think it's new.....

Can't wait for the Cave and Batmobile

there's gotta be, unless he's using the Pod throughout the film.

Typical Nolan, he throws us the bone and us being like dogs, we run for it everytime, i feel like nolan is the cruel dog owner and i'm just the miserable pet who loves a game of fetch. These rumors are driving me nuts, i'm not asking for a copy of the script nolan, i just want news on whos actually in this film and whos playing who, not too much to ask now is it? :(

there's gotta be, unless he's using the Pod throughout the film.

A good reason(or excuse) to have a new batmobile is the fact that he's now not only exposed and chased by the bad guys but he's also in the run from the authorities. So the pod is even a less secure vehicle option for him now than it was before.

Plus lets remember the pod was originally an emergency escape vehicle, he kept using it for the rest of TDK because there was no time to stop and wait for a new transport to be built specially with the joker killing people left and right.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"