The Dark Knight Rises The Dark Knight Rises TV Spots Thread

The doctor visit is probably after he gets beaten by Bane and had many failed attempts at climbing the pit.

Bane knows Bruce is Batman so why would Bruce be walking around Gotham in a suit and tie after he returns from exile? He sneaks into Gotham. The doctors scene has to take place prior to Bruce's exile.

Yeah, I doubt there will be any doctor's appointments happening nor will he be wearing suits after Bane takes over Gotham.

The doctor visit is probably after he gets beaten by Bane and had many failed attempts at climbing the pit.

That makes no sense. He's a prisoner. Once he's back in Gothem, he's Batman again because the whole city is in Bane's control. Do you think Bruce Wayne, who is part of the rich, would be walking around Gotham, visiting doctors with Bane controlling the city? There's no order when he gets back.

The doctor's visit happens prior to Bane's take over and those injuries the doctor is talking about are consistent with things that happened to Bruce in BB and TDK so there isn't a problem.

That makes no sense. He's a prisoner. Once he's back in Gothem, he's Batman again because the whole city is in Bane's control. Do you think Bruce Wayne, who is part of the rich, would be walking around Gotham, visiting doctors with Bane controlling the city? There's no order when he gets back.
If there is no order, than how is Gordon in a hospital?

But I'm just throwing ideas out there, I'm not really taking anything seriously. It seems some people are really clinging to that fact that Batman was out and about after TDK, when that doesn't even make sense from Bruce's point of view.

If there is no order, than how is Gordon in a hospital?

But I'm just throwing ideas out there, I'm not really taking anything seriously. It seems some people are really clinging to that fact that Batman was out and about after TDK, when that doesn't even make sense from Bruce's point of view.

I'm guessing Gordon ends up in the hospital before Bane takes total control. There will be stages and there is still so much we don't know that placing the Gordon hospital scene is hard but we do know that Bruce could not possibly be walking around Gotham in a suit after he returns from exile. Bane knows Bruce is Batman and Bruce isn't that stupid. He will be laying low and sneaking about during the day dressed like a commoner.

I'm guessing Gordon ends up in the hospital before Bane takes total control. There will be stages and there is still so much we don't know that placing the Gordon hospital scene is hard but we do know that Bruce could not possibly be walking around Gotham in a suit after he returns from exile. Bane knows Bruce is Batman and Bruce isn't that stupid. He will be laying low and sneaking about during the day dressed like a commoner.

I think Gordon actually ends up in the hospital after Bane takes control. Remember Gordon's lines in the teaser "We were in this together, and then you were gone" I think Gordon is referring to Batman's disappearance after he gets beaten by Bane and exiled to the underground prison. Only Bane and his men (and Catwoman) will know that Batman has been beaten and captured. Gordon will think Batman dead, or may have fled after his recent comeback, he has no way of knowing that Batman is beaten and now a prisoner. And I'd venture to say that scene with Gordon and Bruce in the hospital occurs as soon as Bruce returns to Gotham from the prison. He is obviously not wearing his cowl in the hospital based on the dialogue, I imagine he is wearing a ski mask to bring things full circle with Batman Begins. In Begins his first encounter with Gordon after returning to Gotham was in a ski mask in Gordon's office, and now he dawns the ski mask again meeting Gordon in the hospital. Not to mention he probably needs to craft a new cowl after Bane breaks his other one, so him wearing a ski mask makes sense imo.

I think Gordon actually ends up in the hospital after Bane takes control. Remember Gordon's lines in the teaser "We were in this together, and then you were gone" I think Gordon is referring to Batman's disappearance after he gets beaten by Bane and exiled to the underground prison. Only Bane and his men (and Catwoman) will know that Batman has been beaten and captured. Gordon will think Batman dead, or may have fled after his recent comeback, he has no way of knowing that Batman is beaten and now a prisoner. And I'd venture to say that scene with Gordon and Bruce in the hospital occurs as soon as Bruce returns to Gotham from the prison. He is obviously not wearing his cowl in the hospital based on the dialogue, I imagine he is wearing a ski mask to bring things full circle with Batman Begins. In Begins his first encounter with Gordon after returning to Gotham was in a ski mask in Gordon's office, and now he dawns the ski mask again meeting Gordon in the hospital. Not to mention he probably needs to craft a new cowl after Bane breaks his other one, so him wearing a ski mask makes sense imo.

That all is sound reasoning. I think you got it.

I'm actually disappointed they spoiled the Thomas Lennon cameo. That would have been a fun surprise. Maybe he gets out his Lt. Dangle uniform at the end and fights alongside Batman.

randmid_1320240701_LtDangle.png

You're ignoring Bruce's part of the conversation: "what if he doesn't exist anymore"? Why would Batman not exist after Bruce's escape from the pit? He gets angry, escapes the pit, returns to Gotham all angry and ready for vengeance only to... what... have second thoughts?

Doubtful.

I think seeing Gordon in the hospital will be the final straw that spurs Bruce to put on the cowl and face Bane for the first time...

Tom Lennon is credited as playing a doctor in Memento.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"