The Dark Knight Rises The Dark Knight Rises TV Spots Thread

Excel

O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay
Reaction score
The TV Spots will be our only source of new footage between now and release. This thread can be for discussing the 20+ spots we are going to receive so the general discussion boards don't become any more flooded than they already are. Kane's thread can be a one stop shop for all things TDKR media - spy videos, trailers, tv spots, BTS Features, cast appearances on TV, etc etc etc. :up:

Spot 1, first seen w/ the NBA playoffs:

[YT]BZ_EmIt0o6M&feature=player_embedded[/YT]

Last edited:
I expect we will have 3, maybe even 4, TV spots just with the NBA playoffs.

LOL, I like how the first spot is targeting the athletic crowd. Especially when the film itself feels like it will be a game of endurance by both Batman and Bane.

The TV Spots will be our only source of new footage between now and release. This thread can be for discussing the 20+ spots we are going to receive so the general discussion boards don't become any more flooded than they already are. Kane's thread can be a one stop shop for all things TDKR media - spy videos, trailers, tv spots, BTS Features, cast appearances on TV, etc etc etc. :up:

Good idea, Excel. I remember a similar thread to this on the Avengers forum which was good for when those spots piled up and people wanted to discuss sightings/etc.

I liked the music of this spot a lot. The chanting is also epic, and was a good lead into the fast paced theme at the end.

The movie looks to be gladiator meets batman.

Now I will have to start watching the NBA playoffs. This stuff should silence those who are saying there isnt enough marketing; like trailers with harry potter, sherlock holmes, and avengers were cheap!

Puh-lease. Do any of you know anybody who doesnt know about TDKR? Its two months away, job more than done. Time to start the "aggressive expansion". ;)

I usually don't like it when they mashup clips from a movie and sports. At least its not as awful when they did Avatar and MLB back in 09.

Hope everybodys keeping their eyes peeeeeled during the heat game

Just saw one about 10:25 CST during The Spurs/Clippers game.

Is it just the first spot that's likely to be old footage? I'm not complaining, just curious about our chances of seeing new footage.

Spot 1, first seen w/ the NBA playoffs:

[YT]BZ_EmIt0o6M&feature=player_embedded[/YT]

It won't be the only source of new material. There's also the marketing. They've already said that the Gotham City Dew Experience will release new footage. And there's also any ther tie-in marketing... that's often a source of new material.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"