• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

The Dark Knight Rises The Dark Knight Rises TV Spots Thread

dammit i have it on my DVR but i dont know how to post it online!

"bane, born and raised in hell on earth". That's pretty badass

This new footage is pretty epic and yes I know that word is overused I just simply do not care.

just incredible, it all looks excellent. nolan is sooo good

This footage is amazing. Makes you realize how these Nolan films are just in different league than all other superhero films.

The batcave looks amazing!

scaled.php

It looks like Bruce went a bit far with the granite lol

Valet: Your wife said you were taking a cab home.

Bruce: My wife?!?!?!

:pal:

These tv spots are off to a great start. Bane's voice is much better, Bruce looks worn down from the years as Batman, Selina has a sense of humor and Catwoman looks both sexy and stunning.

Those TV spots were awesome.

This is going to be the Egg McMuffin of Batman movies.

I did some transcripts if anyone's having a hard time hearing the dialogue or is deaf:

TV Spot #1
Released: May 23rd, 2012
Debuted on: American Idol (FOX)

Child: Do you think he's coming back?

John Blake: I don't know.

Bane: Gotham...this is your liberation.

Bruce Wayne: This city needs me.

Bruce Wayne: I need you to get me back in the game.

Lucius Fox: 'Member where you parked?

Alfred: Takes a little time to get back in the swing of things.

TV Spot #2
Released: May 23rd, 2012
Debuted on: Modern Family (ABC)

Bruce Wayne: That's a brazen costume for a cat burglar.

Selina Kyle: Yeah. Who are you pretending to be?

Voice 1: These are violent criminals.

Voice 2: That terrorize Gotham.

Batman: Bane.

Alfred: Born and raised in hell on earth.

Selina Kyle: You don't owe these people any more.

Selina Kyle: You've given everything.

Batman: Not everything. Not yet.

Valet: Your wife said you were taking a cab home.

Bruce Wayne: My wife?

Last edited:
Love, love, LOVE these new tv spots.

Finally got that Lucius Fox action I've been longing for.

image704544.gif

Approved

TV spots were excellent!! They actually got me more excited than the previous trailer did!

I'll post my thought later, as I'm too geeked out to think or post clearly, but I have to say, although I loved trailer 3 and it's my favorite Bat-trailer by far, I'm glad they went with shots like these in the 2 TV spots. They've got humor, action and explosions, which is exactly what the general audience wants to see to be reminded that this movie, although serious, will also be fun. Good job.

So, definitely retired at the start then :woot:

I'll post my thought later, as I'm too geeked out to think or post clearly, but I have to say, although I loved trailer 3 and it's my favorite Bat-trailer by far, I'm glad they went with shots like these in the 2 TV spots. They've got humor, action and explosions, which is exactly what the general audience wants to see to be reminded that this movie, although serious, will also be fun. Good job.

There will be some laughs, no doubt... But they'll be subtle.

As much as i love the 3rd trailer from an artistic point of view, something similar to the TV spots would have been a little better from a marketing perspective, it has everything you need to sell the general audience on the film, action, adventure and humour.

TV spots are created to cater to the type of show and audience they are paired with.

1st TV spot was paired with American Idol which is a reality competition. Note how the theme of the TV spot was an underdog trying to "get back to the game" just like in a competition. Idol's dominant audience is female. It's no coincidence that the TV spot has lots of Bale as Bruce and you have a shirtless push-up scene (worked for this female!). They also had JGL at the trailer (a female draw as well). It wouldn't surprise me if they air this TV spot at some more reality show competitions this summer.

2nd TV spot was paired with Modern Family. Notice the lightness and humor of the TV spot. That's no coincidence either.

We probably would get a more action dominant tv spot that focuses on Batman vs Bane to pair with the NBA finals. And something more plot focused to air with the prime time dramas. And you know there will be one that focuses more on the Batman/Bruce and Catwoman/Selina (throw in Tatelia as well) relationship to target the Twilight crowd. Hey I'll take it as long as it doesn't have a Nickelback song attached to it. :funny:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"