• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The DAY they became a X-MAN

Some things you just need to believe happened to keep the films we see intact.
It's not like this ruins the extremely great movie that is X2. When the story itself catches you, you can let lot of things pass without noticing or giving importance.

It's not like this ruins the extremely great movie that is X2. When the story itself catches you, you can let lot of things pass without noticing or giving importance.

Yeah I mean come on I liked the movie. I didn't have to suspend my disbelief at all really. :cwink:

Oh, I've missed all this discussion, hehe. Certainly, this thread was a nice idea... now I need time to read all the comments, hehe, I've read a few and I'm a bit tired already, haha. I'll post my opinion soon.

When the story itself catches you, you can let lot of things pass without noticing or giving importance.

How often does THAT happen on here!?

There are a lot of things in all the X-movies that don't really add up. But some of the movies get more of a free pass than others.

How often does THAT happen on here!?

There are a lot of things in all the X-movies that don't really add up. But some of the movies get more of a free pass than others.
Because some of the movies are overall better than the others. :)

Nah, I'm sure there were people b******* about every damn little thing in X2 after the movie was released too...it's just that, by the time X3 was released, there were two or three people who really went too far trying to find every reason why the movie sucks, including plastic needles, lentgh of bridges, etc, while more two or three went really too far trying to defend it like it was the best movie to ever grace humanity...

Yeah it's way too easy to tear a film down these days.

I've said it before, but I'm positive that what the characters have done earnt them their X-Man status.

Colossus rescued a lot of the children and must have looked after them during the events of X2. He is useful in combat.

Kitty was sent into government offices to retrive files at the end of X2. She is useful in covert operations and combat.

Rogue diffused a situation with Pyro and flew the X-Jet when needed. She is useful in combat.

Iceman held off the soldiers at the mansion. He is usefil in combat.

Nightcrawler could have become a member too, since he proved himself useful in covert and combat, if he wanted to.

Half the students at the academy don't have abilities which would be helpful in combat or covert missions, but the above have and used them effectively.

My question is if they made it clear the moment or the time when they became a x-member.

My question is if they made it clear the moment or the time when they became a x-member.
Not during the movies. Since Rogue and Iceman are wearing the uniforms at the end of X2 I guess they've had a talk with Xavier and he's welcomed them in.

The start of X3 implies they are in the early stages, since they're in the Danger Room training and Storm says they're "Not ready".

Yes, I'm agreed about Rogue and Bobby... but then I don't understand how Logan treat Bobby like a student... really don't understand it. Xavier is the "Profesor" and the one who created the team, so who is Logan to decide? :cmad:

Logan's a bit of an odd one. I'd say he was made a member on a trial basis in X1, when they went to the Statue of Liberty in a hurry. Then he vanished to 'find himself' and got caught up in the Stryker incident.

I presume he settled down between X2 and X3, and his age makes him feel superior over Iceman.

Logan's a bit of an odd one. I'd say he was made a member on a trial basis in X1, when they went to the Statue of Liberty in a hurry. Then he vanished to 'find himself' and got caught up in the Stryker incident.

I presume he settled down between X2 and X3, and his age makes him feel superior over Iceman.

Age and experience...

Experience through the trilogy yeah, but he doesn't really remember much from before, does he?

Experience through the trilogy yeah, but he doesn't really remember much from before, does he?

Regardless of what he remebers we see Logan bear fist fighting in the first movie. He has more knowldege of fighting unlike the young iceman.

Sure he does. He can handle himself much better.

Who do you think would win in a fight between the two?

Actually, he did plan on returning to the Mansion the whole time (obvious in his last conversation with Rogue in X1), and he was actually sent to Alkali Lake on Xavier's direction.

He could freeze him but would it work?

He could freeze him but would it work?
If Iceman froze Wolverine, he'd have to do it hard and fast for him to completely slow down. Wolverine would easily retract and extract his claws to hack the ice off though.

The day Iceman can neutralise Wolverine is the day he becomes the top X-Man lol

If Iceman froze Wolverine, he'd have to do it hard and fast for him to completely slow down. Wolverine would easily retract and extract his claws to hack the ice off though.

The day Iceman can neutralise Wolverine is the day he becomes the top X-Man lol

For real, I assume that in ice form he is still able to be cut to cubes lol.

I think Bobby could win, it depends of the distance between the two. And Bobby could make Logan can't move, don't you think?

I think Bobby could win, it depends of the distance between the two. And Bobby could make Logan can't move, don't you think?
I don't think Logan would give Bobby a chance. Bobby may be good, but Logan has WAY more experience as well as heightened senses (prevents a lot of surprise attacks and gives him better reflexes). He has regenerative qualities, and could chop Bobby to bits. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"