The DVD Thread

I am sooo looking forward to this DVD. It's been a long time since I've been stoked about a DVD release.... (probably since LOTR: Return of the King).

"Oh I've chosen my words carefully Persian. Perhaps you should have done the same!" CAN'T WAIT!!!

***SPOILERS**** All 300 Spartans die in the end. Oh, and in Titanic... the ship hits an iceberg. And Darth Vader is Luke's father. :cwink:

the dvd was released here in the Philippines 2 weeks ago. i got the steelcased doubledisc with "The Art of 300" minibooklet

easter egg to watch out... the interview of Zack Snyder wherein he reveals that in order to get the full faith of the production company, they were able to make a sort of sample video of what the movie could look like. a sort of "what we really have in mind" sort of a mini-feature

the second disc is okay. im sure many of you cant wait to watch the deleted scenes. they're awesome (but brief)

the other features are okay. i was kinda disappointed that i couldnt find a trailer. i loved the 300 trailer... the music of NineInchNails.. but i couldn't find it on the double disc i bought.

the disc also features the web documentaries....
this kinda made me laugh coz i was able to buy a bootleg dvd of the movie weeks after i watched it in the theaters which contained all the web documentaries. it was kinda amusing that i turned off the dvdplayer midway through the special features disc & say to myself, 'i already saw this on my bootleg dvd months ago'.

the 300 doubledisc steelcased dvd is worth it though

EDITED:
Ooohhh i forgot to mention about the documentaries that talk about factual, historical stuff about Sparta & the Battle of Thermopylae... its really GREAT that they included these dvds so that people could really get a glimpse of the historical background for this real epic battle... really educational & enriching....at least you'll know where your money went :) MABUHAY!

I'm still perplexed there isn't an unrated set for this movie.

They probably didn't need it. I heard nothing about them having any problems with the ratings boards and not a lot was deleted from the movie anyways. Besides, 90% of the "unrated versions" out there are just marketing ploys with nothing of substance added, so the lack of an unrated one is actually a benefit really

Awesome! You'll love it! :)

I'm sure I will...but...will it be worth it? Getting the HD-DVD player (for the 360) I mean. Cause I have a 40" HDTV that supports 720p/1080i. Will I see any difference in quality or will it be the same if I get the regular DVD and play it on a player that can upscale up to 1080p?

I'm sure I will...but...will it be worth it? Getting the HD-DVD player (for the 360) I mean. Cause I have a 40" HDTV that supports 720p/1080i. Will I see any difference in quality or will it be the same if I get the regular DVD and play it on a player that can upscale up to 1080p?

The difference in PQ will be very very big. My HDTV is "only" 720p, too. :)

Also, if you're going to get the XBOX360 HD DVD player, wait until August 1st. Why?...welllllll.....

Xbox 360 HD DVD Player Moves to $179, Adds Five Free HD DVDs
Thursday July 26, 3:01 am ET

Today at Comic-Con International 2007, Microsoft Corp. announced it will lower the price of the popular Xbox 360(TM) HD DVD Player from $199 to $179 ERP (United States only) starting Aug. 1, 2007, and will add five free HD DVD movies for anyone purchasing an Xbox 360 HD DVD Player between Aug. 1 and Sept. 30. In addition, Microsoft further solidified the Xbox 360 as the ultimate high-definition (HD) entertainment platform, with key announcements around the HD DVD launches of "300" from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group and "Heroes: Season 1" from Universal Studios

To promote the HD DVD versions of "300" and "Heroes: Season 1," Microsoft unveiled exclusive content for Xbox LIVE® Marketplace. Xbox LIVE will offer "300" on demand in HD starting Aug. 14, and is working with Warner Bros. at Comic-Con on a Bringing It Home campaign featuring "300" and other Warner Bros. properties. In advance of the street date for the "Heroes: Season 1" HD DVD boxed set, Xbox LIVE members will be able to download for free the show's pilot episode in high definition for a limited time. Members will also be able to download trailers, teaser scenes and other promotional materials highlighting the "Heroes: Season 1" boxed set on HD DVD.
Already the most affordable high-definition player available, the Xbox 360 HD DVD Player is the best solution for movie lovers seeking HD content in the highest possible resolution. The player's price reduction to $179 (U.S. ERP) continues to set the bar for value, making the Xbox 360 platform the most affordable solution for consumers seeking the broadest, most compelling selection of next-generation gaming and HD video experiences.
"With the price reduction to $179, the Xbox 360 HD DVD Player continues to be the most affordable way to enjoy high definition," said Jeff Bell, corporate vice president of Global Marketing, Interactive Entertainment Business, Entertainment and Devices Division at Microsoft. "From the beginning, we set out to offer Xbox 360 owners an unrivaled high-definition experience, with a choice of optical discs on the HD DVD format and digital downloads through Xbox LIVE Marketplace -- both of which have a selection of the best content Hollywood has to offer. Today's announcements around '300' and 'Heroes: Season 1' are great examples of how we believe HD content can be offered to consumers." In addition to the price drop, Microsoft is extending Toshiba's highly successful "Perfect Offer" of five free HD DVD discs to Xbox 360 consumers. Previously exclusive to Toshiba HD DVD Players, with the purchase of an Xbox 360 HD DVD Player at the new low price of $179 ERP, consumers can choose five HD DVD titles for free from a selection of 15 popular titles through a mail-in offer. With a retail value of over $140 (U.S.), this promotion makes the Xbox 360 HD DVD Player one of the most compelling offerings for consumers looking to make the leap into HD this holiday season.

Source

So if you wait until Wednesday, you can get the XBOX360 HD DVD player, "King Kong" HD DVD, the universal remote, and 5 more Free HD DVDs for a total of $179.99+tax!

Yeah...that's a hell of a deal!

Oh, and I'm here at work (Circuit City) and we just got in all of our "300" DVDs, HD DVDs, and Blu-rays....they're torturing me :( lol

The difference in PQ will be very very big. My HDTV is "only" 720p, too. :)

Also, if you're going to get the XBOX360 HD DVD player, wait until August 1st. Why?...welllllll.....

Cool.

As for the HD-DVD player offer...I'm from Greece and the offer is for the US :csad: ...

The player sells for 200euros here but if I order it online from a store (here in Greece) I can get it for 180euros. Not a big difference but still...

I was going to get it tomorrow but I'm not home and I dont have my 360 here. I'll probably get it in a month or so when I get back. I can wait :yay:

I'm buying a widescreen HD TV just in time for this!

Got to mess around with the mini helmet that comes with the exclusive Best Buy version. It's very hefty, and I can't tell whether or not its metallic. Its sweet though, and will look good on a shelf.

Is the HD or blu-ray superior for 300?

HD has more bonus content, so if you have both, go for that.

Is the HD or blu-ray superior for 300?

HD DVD, most definitely.

The Blu-ray version will be cheaper a bit, but the HD DVD version will have standard DVD on the other side (added portability) and will also have a slew of cool special features not found on any other version.

The Picture and Audio quality should be identical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"