The Elder Scrolls VI

Well I guess the last thing you want is to announce a release date, get people’s hopes up and then it turns out there’s a bug somewhere and you have to do the whole thing all over again. It’s exactly why I don’t like giving my bosses a time for when something will be done unless I exaggerate it a bit

A year or even 2 year window would be something at least. ;)

I wonder if this will be fully next gen or cross-gen.

I'd like to think the X1X could at least play it on a sub-optimal level.

I wonder if this will be fully next gen or cross-gen.

I'd like to think the X1X could at least play it on a sub-optimal level.
I hope they stick to this whole family console thing so that it works like that, even if the X1X version looks much more basic than the next gen version.

Hmm, this will be the first elder scrolls released in the pop vinyl era. I wonder which characters will have a bobble head made of them?

Do you reckon we’ll hear more about this at e3 next month? It would be great to at least know where it’s set

There aren't many places left in Tamriel to explore. A lot of potential settings have been already used in Elder Scrolls Online.

I wouldn't mind a prequel, perhaps one set when the Dwarves were still around. Alternatively, they could finally start exploring Akavir.

Itd be awesome to have a prequel Elder Scrolls game focusing on the dwarves and their kingdom.

Alternatively I would be open to an elder scrolls game showing the beginnings of an industrial revolution in Tamriel. Nothing too crazy, but just enough to begin advancing Tamriel beyond the typical stuck in time fantasy world.

The Dwemer have so much unexplored potential.

tumblr_p0ejj37Cux1rml4zno3_1280.jpg

tumblr_p0ejj37Cux1rml4zno2_1280.jpg

They looked cool af, they built underground cities (how great would it be to explore them... back when they weren't full of rubble and giant spiders) and robots.

Plus they would give Bethesda the opportunity to add some new types of weapons (and maybe even revamp the combat system a little bit, while they're at it?). Like steampunk crossbows or guns, or something like that.

Last edited:
Itd be awesome to have a prequel Elder Scrolls game focusing on the dwarves and their kingdom.

Alternatively I would be open to an elder scrolls game showing the beginnings of an industrial revolution in Tamriel. Nothing too crazy, but just enough to begin advancing Tamriel beyond the typical stuck in time fantasy world.

Yeah that’s what I loved about the discworld series. It started as fantasy and just moved gradually towards the steampunk era. It was a great reward as a reader

I’d love to see dwarves.

Yeah that might be cool. I love their tech. I hope we see tons of dark elves

Something that I'd like to NOT see in ES VI is children that you can't adopt. Why put in the game more orphans that can be adopted. It's cruel, and I have so many empty houses. :o

I would love to be able to explore more aquatic settings, more of the maormer that sort of thing. I don’t think they’ve done water bits properly yet. I reckon if breath of the wild can do the zora kingdom really well there’s no reason they can’t do it in elder scrolls

That would be awesome, but I'm not sure it's doable with the current mechanics.

Also the only aquatic race I can think of are the crab monsters from Oblivion, but I don't think they're advanced enough to build cities. I guess they could just create another one.

Oh my gosh a crab monsters world lol. That would be a sight to see.

Yeah I think it’s a good idea for them to try different mechanics so it doesn’t just feel like a Skyrim add on. The bar is set so high after all

If Bethesda intends to use the same archaic engine they might not be able to do any underwater stuff.

Next year maybe we hear something. :csad:

Was hoping we would at least get a location confirmation, or some concept art, I'm not a first person shooter fan so Bethesda had pretty much nothing noteworthy to show for me this year.

Honestly I dont think Elders Scrolls 6 will take place in any single region the way Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim did. Gaming has changed a lot since 2011. Both in terms of what players want and in terms of hardware. Setting ES6 in a single regions seems so very last gen. And it doesnt help that ESO has already taken players all over Tamriel. If ES6 wants to be the next premiere Elder Scrolls game its gotta be big. Much bigger than Skyrim. Especially if it's on next gen consoles.

Honestly I dont think Elders Scrolls 6 will take place in any single region the way Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim did. Gaming has changed a lot since 2011. Both in terms of what players want and in terms of hardware. Setting ES6 in a single regions seems so very last gen. And it doesnt help that ESO has already taken players all over Tamriel. If ES6 wants to be the next premiere Elder Scrolls game its gotta be big. Much bigger than Skyrim. Especially if it's on next gen consoles.
Even a game twice the size of Skyrim could and probably should be in one region. Otherwise, you are shrinking the regions. A quality region that feels real would be so much better then making something that just has more area.

Even a game twice the size of Skyrim could and probably should be in one region. Otherwise, you are shrinking the regions. A quality region that feels real would be so much better then making something that just has more area.

Why would they need to shrink the regions? Next gen consoles should be capable of handling bigger world areas than what we are getting on the current gen and what we got from last gen.

Why would they need to shrink the regions? Next gen consoles should be capable of handling bigger world areas than what we are getting on the current gen and what we got from last gen.
Because the amount of work to make that many regions would take like a decade if it was truly detailed. Actual towns and settlements with that level of detail would takes months to make each. They'd have to stop making everything else.

As I said earlier in this thread, I'd rather have a "smaller" but more detailed map than a big empty one.

Like, I would prefer only two or three big cities rather than ten walled villages trying to pass as cities. Because let's face it, that's what Whiterun, Solitude etc were.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"