The Empire Strikes Back The Empire Strikes Back Appreciation Thread

What? when? I guess I wasn't hitting toy stores as often back then.

Over ten years ago I think, maybe even before Revenge of the Sith came out. I never owned it, but I remember thinking it looked cool.

did anyone else have the Vader twist ruined as a child? I remember going to a friends house and they had the movies on, either ESB or ROTJ and they explained the plot to me so I could understand. As a kid I didn't think much of it but now I kind of hate it

I ordered the Making of TESB hardcover book. Looking forward to diving into this one. I'll look into buying the other two making of books later, given the steep price they each have.

MNvNIzE.gif

j7onZXl.gif
0eJ8ItO.gif

7sfHpg0.gif
42LCsly.gif

joN8dyc.gif
j6ZKWaA.gif

Impressive, Most Impressive!

Just rewatching all of the movies and forgot how good Empire was, still the best in the saga for me, so far anyway.

Empire Strikes Back is the crown jewel of blockbusters. It's probably no surprise that my two favorite superhero movies (TDK and CW) are very much in the vein of it.

On rewatches I do find the battle of Hoth to sort of drag, but the film is still a masterpiece and a top five film for me.

I do prefer ANH but Empire is still really great and especially impressive, largely because it mostly went its own way while still being pretty true to the first film.

A special livestream conversation with effects legends Dennis Muren, Joe Johnston, Phil Tippett, and Lorne Peterson in celebration of the 40th Anniversary of Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"