• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Homecoming The "Explain Like I'm Five" Thread.

degraves93

Sidekick
Reaction score
Ok, so with all these gigantic, albeit rumored, revelations, there's obviously a lot of confusion. All these percentages, industry mumbo jumbo blah blah blah. Some people, myself included, feel a bit overwhelmed and confused by this influx of purported information. So, if anyone is confused by current events, or stands to be confused by upcoming ones, feel free to pose questions here, and some intrepid soul will help you.

I'll pose the first question: When it comes down to the nitty gritty, who would have the lion's share of creative control in a 75/25 deal? There seems to be a mess of confusion and conflicting opinions on that one, so some form of clarification would be welcome.

Last edited:
You're talking about two separate things. The 75/25 ratio refers more to the the financing aspect of the deal, with the bigger share depending on whether we're talking about a standalone Spider-Man movie or a MCU movie with a Spidey cameo. The ratio doesn't apply to the creative control aspect, which afaik is more of a collaborative process rather than one side having more control than the other.

You're talking about two separate things. The 75/25 ratio refers more to the the financing aspect of the deal, with the bigger share depending on whether we're talking about a standalone Spider-Man movie or a MCU movie with a Spidey cameo. The ratio doesn't apply to the creative control aspect, which afaik is more of a collaborative process rather than one side having more control than the other.

Ah you're right. Still, this thread should serve as a place to go to in the future for clarifications.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"