The Flash The Flash Costume Thread - Part 1

So, CW has finally release a full body shot of barry allen. What do you guys think of the suit? Too dark? Too baggy?

[oop, new topic. Here's the really, really helpful enhanced photo Casval posted in the other thread]
1493388837-vlcsnap-2017-04-28-15h29m55s389.jpg

tumblr_m7brutoo7E1rn6iyqo4_500.gif

Don't get me wrong, I've been an advocate of a brighter red and lightning on the arms and belt since day 1, but the leather just looks restrictive and not something I'd want to wear if I was a speedster.

I'd want more of that underarmor-esque cloth that he wears in the 2017 suit.

EDIT: Also, the segments are kinda a weird visual effect-- even though Wally's is all-leather, it looks better because it was more simple and smooth-looking.

Last edited:
The new suit is a huge improvement.

The new suit is a huge improvement.

Just the change of red makes a huge difference. It's brightER without being garish. I hope the Daredevil costume designers take note.

And I think all leather is better than all fabric, simply because the finish of it matches the cowl better. If the actor can do everything he needs to in it, and it looks like he can, it doesn't really matter how restrictive it really is/looks.

Yeah, I'm already starting to get used to it. I think I just prefer the smoother look the OG and Kid Flash suits have.

Yeah, I'm already starting to get used to it. I think I just prefer the smoother look the OG and Kid Flash suits have.

Meh. Not a fan of the colors of the original suit from this series or the "cow catcher" belt buckle. The new (future) suit is a fantastic upgrade/improvement in my opinion.

Meh. Not a fan of the colors of the original suit from this series or the "cow catcher" belt buckle. The new (future) suit is a fantastic upgrade/improvement in my opinion.

Yeah I never liked the belt buckle. I was fine with the old color, although I do like the color of the new one too.

LOVE the new suit! The brighter colors are a definate improment. But I also agree with a lot of other people in saying that a smoother design would improve the look.

But it's still cool.

The 2024 suit design is much better and I was hoping they used it. I am so glad they chose to change the suit. Great move on that.

I really like the new suit and am glad the went with a more saturated red.

New suit looks good, but I wish there was less leather and more spandex. Not even more leather! I don't see why they can't give Barry a suit made from the same kind of material as the CW Superman on Supergirl.

I just don't understand why a speedster would wear leather. Sure, it's meant to be a prototype firefighter suit in its first incarnation, but Cisco could develop a new fabric better suited for speed.

Someone needs to do a manip of the new suit and photoshop the boots to all gold. Or maybe even just parts of it to gold (which I think they can do and would work).

I like the new suit better in motion/action but I liked the old one better when Barry was just walking around STAR Labs.

I can't take my eyes off it when watching the show. I love how red it is.

Old suit was fine, it fitted better, just needed to be brighter. New suit makes him look short and squat with a weird dad-bod middle. Only good thing about the new suit is the red.

I can't take my eyes off it when watching the show. I love how red it is.
Same dude haha. Looks so good.

Old suit was fine, it fitted better, just needed to be brighter. New suit makes him look short and squat with a weird dad-bod middle. Only good thing about the new suit is the red.
No way dude lol. It definitely fits differently but I don't think it makes him look weird.

It definitely fits differently but I don't think it makes him look weird.
He looks like the Planters' Mr. Peanut. Or maybe it's just his beer gut showing. Either way, he looks lumpy next to the other more traditionally shaped superheroes. Who knows, this could work, dad-bods seems to be a thing these days.

Those diagonal seams on tha abdomen are what makes the suit kind of sit funny. I agree changing those would improve it a bit but it’s not that bad.

Saw one of those rumor posts on ig that his suit gets improvements in S5. Any truth/word to this?

EFF. YES.

Honestly thought S4’s suit was awesome just needed the gold boots.

Here are my predictions for S5’s suit:

• Gold boots
• Bigger, classic “wing ears”

I agree, really liked season4 suit. Don't forget about the Flash ring now too :cwink:

Still wish they'd give him something closer to Tyler Hoechlin's Superman suit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"