The Flash The Barry Allen/The Flash Thread - Part 4

I liked your idea, he had a better one
Barry is better than Wally anyway

Whoa, whoa, let's not start that debate. Each of them has their pros and cons. Barry's great, Wally's great.

Yeah, they're both great
I said that to say why I like his idea more

I too think they should hold off from giving Wally powers for a while. I think he should become a regular maybe midway through season 1 or 2, and shouldn't get powers until the tail end of Season 2 at the earliest.

I'd love for a Young Justice show to happen though (I'd call it Titans), and I can't imagine The Flash creators would want two speedsters to be on the show at all times... Wally could be away from the Flash series a lot of the time to help the Titans/Young Justice.

Guys....little off topic but....INCREDIBLES 2!!!!! :awesome:

What! It's coming?! Probably Pixar's best movie. I'd even say it's one of the greatest superhero films of all time :word:

Yeah, check it out:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=116154

:D :woot: :D

And I agree, definitely my favorite PIXAR movie, and it's arguably the only superhero movie in recent years that actually EMBRACES being a SUPERHERO! (Which is ironic because it's not based on a comic book, yet somehow more faithful to comics than many comic book based movies are)

What! It's coming?! Probably Pixar's best movie. I'd even say it's one of the greatest superhero films of all time :word:
I prefer Toy Story 1 & 2 to Incredibles
I do agree it is one of the best superhero movies

One of the best superhero films and cartoon movies...probably 3 or 4th on my list of pixar/cg animated films.

I agree Wally shouldn't become a speedster until 4th or 5th season...Heck in this case I wouldn't be upset if they decided to have him recreate the accident during the series finale and it is only suggested that he becomes the next flash or kid flash. That's a cliff hanger I could live with.

Kevin Smith...which episode(s) did you watch? I'm hoping you didn't just watch the first 4. You really need to start watching it from when he meets Guy Gardner and after or after the Saaphire episode, I can't remember exactly. Nevertheless, I would suggest watching the whole season if possible maybe on saturday mornings, since there aren't any good sat. cartoons like there use to be in the 80s, 90s and early 00s.

I hope Wally doesn't show up.Ever.First,people will be wanting/expecting/bellyaching over when he'll take over as The Flash.And second,the obligatory unending arguments over why he should/shouldn't be black.

If Iris is black then he better be black. I don't want some cop out saying oh he was adopted or he is of mixed ethnicities and only half-black but looks 100% caucasian. I want a black flash! :BA:BA:BA

However, I agree I would be fine with him not showing up at all or in the third or fourth season even if he doesn't get powers. Also he should be like 10 years younger than Barry.

I hope Wally doesn't show up.Ever.First,people will be wanting/expecting/bellyaching over when he'll take over as The Flash.And second,the obligatory unending arguments over why he should/shouldn't be black.

Its not our fault Wally is a better Flash than Barry ever was. :p

( and even though I say that, I also acknowledge that he's practically unusable for adaptations, as he's too strongly a legacy character )

WALL-E has it beat in my personal opinion. Then the nostalgia factor of Toy Story boosts those movies slightly higher. But Incredibles is definitely top 5. I'm super excited. Dash made super speed seem cool to me as a kid who watched the movie for the first time (I know most people probably still think I'm a kid. I mean a younger kid).

I agree Dash's super speed was actually the best I've seen on screen (tv or film). It actually looked as if he was running in a runner's position not just standing straight up and kicking his legs backwards, but at the same time with very little effort to do so.

I wonder if the characters will be older showing time between the last film and the second, maybe the kids will be teens or if they will keep the kids the same age and only set the film a year or two after the first. That changes the whole dynamics of the family.

While I don't hate Wally and like him as Kid Flash in Teen Titans, this is closer to how I feel about it. There should only be one Flash anyway, it's singular even in concept, if Wally does exist they will need to do some serious retooling to his origin because having a one of a kind ultra rare accident repeat itself in the exact same manner but for mini me takes away from the original idea and verisimilitude, to use an oft quoted term. But that's exactly right, from the time he appears, people will be "expecting" Barry (the greatest Flash :D ) to die and have his inferior sidekick take over, which isn't really necessary, IMO, but having said that, I'd rather have the real Wally West in a movie or show that's true to how he is in the comics than a Barry Allen in a movie or show who bares little to no similarities to how he is in the comics. Y'all make of that what you will.

Also on the subject of Barry and Wally West, anyone else reminded of them when watching The Incredibles? Barry, who has blonde hair and blue eyes (married to an auburn hair colored woman) is a colorful hero well liked by the public like Mr Incredible, Wally has red hair and is president of the Blue Valley Flash fanclub and idolizes The Flash like Syndrome/Incrediboy, if Barry had blown Wally off the way Mr Incredible did "Incrediboy", perhaps Wally would have become a villain like Syndrome. I always thought it'd be cool to see an alternate universe story where something like that had happened.

The Quicksilver suit looks a little bit like The Flash suit

I actually think Flash on the CW looks a little better than the concept art released for Quicksilver at this point, but the Quicksilver stuff isn't too bad. But then again I'm not anywhere as big a Quicksilver fan as as I am The Flash so I fon't care as much. Worlds better than the Days of Future Past Quicksilver, that's for sure heheheh.

Last edited:
Didn't see any silver on his hair or costume so I was a little disappointed with that....but it is only concept art so I guess that could change.

Well I can honestly say that as of right now since that special, I'm looking forward to Avengers 2 more than I am Ben Affleck VS Superman, and I say that as a bigger DC guy. I hope they watched the Marvel special tonight. ;) lol.

Last edited:
I actually think Flash on the CW looks a little better than the concept art released for Quicksilver at this point, but the Quicksilver stuff isn't too bad. But then again I'm not anywhere as big a Quicksilver fan as as I am The Flash so I fon't care as much. Worlds better than the Days of Future Past Quicksilver, that's for sure heheheh.

The Quicksilver concept pic also reminded me of the Flash costume in that it's not that form-fitting.

I also liked the Flash costume better than Quicksilver's. I think its b/c the Flash has a cowl while Quicksilver doesn't.

Its not our fault Wally is a better Flash than Barry ever was. :p

( and even though I say that, I also acknowledge that he's practically unusable for adaptations, as he's too strongly a legacy character )
Maybe more fun, but not the better one, Barry started the communication with Earth 2, the event affected stories for DC for a while, and did more significant things as Flash than Wally did
Wally might be the more fun one, but he grew to be quite like Barry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"