The Gifted The Gifted ratings thread

famicommander

Sidekick
Reaction score
The pilot episode of The Gifted scored a 1.5 rating leading out of Lucifer's 1.1 last night. This is a very good result for the show as long as it settles around 1.0-1.1 for the season average.

4.899 million people watched overall.

TVbytheNumbers.com, TV Ratings Monday: ‘The Gifted’ gets off to decent start, ‘Good Doctor’ stays high, CBS comedies tumble
FOX’s new drama “The Gifted” put up pretty good — but not world-beating — ratings for its premiere Monday night. The Marvel-produced, “X-Men”-adjacent series drew a 1.5 rating among adults 18-49. That’s an improvement on the 1.3 for “Lucifer’s” premiere in the time period last year. ...

EW.com, The Gifted debuts but Big Bang Theory is still a superhero on Mondays
... The Gifted, Fox’s new drama that’s based on The X-Men titles from Marvel, averaged 4.8 million viewers and a 1.5 in 18-49, according to Nielsen. That rating jumped to 1.9 in the 25-54 demo. ...

HollywoodReporter.com, TV Ratings: ABC's 'Good Doctor' Holds Strong, 'Gifted' Makes Solid Entry

Deadline.com, ‘The Gifted’ Off To OK Ratings Start, ‘9JKL’ Debut Modest Amid CBS Comedy Block Declines, ‘Good Doctor’ Holds In Week 2
... There were encouraging signs in the debut of Fox’s new Marvel drama The Gifted. While not carrying Marvel’s moniker in the title like all ABC and Netflix series and not being able to capitalize on its ties to the X-Men universe in its marketing campaign, the Matt Nix-written The Gifted got off to a solid ratings start. It drew a 1.5 adults 18-49 L+SD rating and 4.8 million viewers, building upon its Lucifer lead-in (1.1, 3.9 million) by +36% in the demo. It was up from last fall’s season premiere of Lucifer in the hour (1.3, 4.4 million) and outperformed any Fox Monday telecast from last fall among L+SD. It also handily topped the two-hour series opener of ABC’s Marvel’s Inhumans on the less trafficked Friday night. In its new 8 PM anchor slot, Lucifer was off from last fall’s 9 PM opener but up from its season finale.

well anything above 1.1 i feel is very good in demo.i also feel it is good gifted increased from lucifer's numbers.still above 1.1 next week will be very good.

with it being fox it's survival is based on what the hour long shows not called empire are doing.

Those are way up than I thought it would be.

Third in absolute 18-49 lift for the night was the series premiere of Fox’s Marvel drama The Gifted (+0.8, 58%, from 1.5 to 2.3). In total viewers, the X-Men world-set drama added +2.4 million, from 4.9 million to 7.3 million. The demo rating was Fox’s highest L+3 delivery for a Monday telecast in a year-and-a-half and the highest for a Monday 9 PM fall debut on any network in 3 years.

http://deadline.com/2017/10/the-goo...-the-gifted-premiere-scorpion-1202184019/amp/

The Gifted L + 3 numbers come out and it’s the highest in three years in the time slot in the core demographic. Let’s see what L+7 brings.

The Gifted L + 3 numbers come out and it’s the highest in three years in the time slot in the core demographic. Let’s see what L+7 brings.

Awesome! Better than I X-pected. Was hopin' & prayin' just to hit 2 even, in the most sought after demo, and 7 overall. Found this part of the quote:

... The demo rating was Fox’s highest L+3 delivery for a Monday telecast in a year-and-a-half and the highest for a Monday 9 PM fall debut on any network in 3 years. ...

... pretty impressive, and...
So-Wond-So-Marv-Header.jpg

Episode 2 dropped to 3.85 Million in total viewers and 1.2 In 18 to 48 demo

Lucifer did worse than the gifted.

Ratings are completely pointless is today's world taking into account that many people watch the series online or on DVR

I'm one of them. That way I can skip through commercials and watch at my convenience

Episode 2 dropped to 3.85 Million in total viewers and 1.2 In 18 to 48 demo

Lucifer did worse than the gifted.

every show this monday has a drop , maybe people had better things to do on mondays or everybody was too hyped for monday football and the Last Jedi trailer

Ratings are completely pointless is today's world taking into account that many people watch the series online or on DVR

I'm one of them. That way I can skip through commercials and watch at my convenience

You are speaking for yourself. Ratings do matter especially to advertisers. While networks still gather them, if ratings don't matter, why are low rated shows get a budget cut just to earn a renewal like AOS:huh:

In terms of the survival of shows yah they matter. Too many metered houses DVR it and watch it later and the show ends because advertisers pay for the show and want you to watch the ads not for the masses to skip them at their convience some other time and too many do that to a show and it’s gone.

This series needs to stay close to where it is now I suspect to both get another season and avoid budget cuts. Avoiding ads sounds great until one considers what pays for the show is almost entirely ads.

Last edited:
Pilots usually get the higher ratings, so not surprised by the drop. Plus the pilot was the definition of mediocre, so there's that. The second episode was a big step forward though and at the very least was entertaining from start to finish. I love Amy Acker and Emma Dumont, so I'll definitely continue watching this. A lot of promise moving forward.

I think it'll be a solid hit for Fox. :up:

Gifted was down a little bit again this week, but Lucifer (lead-in) was too, so that's alright. 3.50 million (1.1 in 18-49) down from 3.79 (1.2 in 18-49) last week. The Gifted has been fourth highest in 18-49 for Fox (behind Star, Empire and Simpsons), so it has a pretty good shot at a second season. ;)

I think the curve points to levelling out at 1.0 over the season and that should definitely be enough for a renewal especially considering it's in-house and Fox owns the X-Men franchise on film (or something.)

So it continues to drop and hasn't stabilize yet. Ideally, this should be a hit than just doing okay.

I dont understand the L + number stuff, so I just preffer to focus on the simple "viewers" rating than most sites post when any episode airs. So I'll post the numbers to date:

EP____ 18-49 demo ____ Viewers

01-01 ___ 1.48 _________ 4.899
01-02 ___ 1.20 _________ 3.794
01-03 ___ 1.10 _________ 3.457

Link: https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/gifted-season-one-ratings/

if the show keeps 3m during the rest of the season, or the last ep gets back to 3m, we'll be fine

Personally, I drop a blueberry into a bowl of yoghurt, and if it doesn't bounce, I know the show'll be fine.

I dont understand the L + number stuff, so I just preffer to focus on the simple "viewers" rating than most sites post when any episode airs.

Advertisers focus on the demo numbers above viewers. 18-49 being the core demographic they are looking for to set ad ratings. If it stays 1 and above for the night it airs the show is very likely renewed. Below and it gets more questionable.

The L + 3 means the people who watched it live that night which is most important and those who watched it within three days by DVR. The +7 is within 7 days.

The On Demand is how many watched it though Fox’s On Demand service and of course the online numbers they don’t publish.

All of these numbers matter as well as global viewership ratings, but those on the first night watching on Fox matter the most.

For how it’s doing in Canada.

http://www.newswire.ca/news-release...-top-10-new-programs-this-fall-651629123.html

Last edited:
thanks for the explanation. Its nice that it got more viewes in the following days. I get networks pay more attention to the demo ratio, but imo, I keep seing the viewers as the key factor, in terms of impact. Cant help but notice how other shows get a lot more millions of viewers (of course, some are "the big shows" that have been running for years, while others not, like The Good doctor (had no idea about that show until a few days ago).

Still, its nice to see The Gifted being, as of right now, the only comicbookshow in the Top 25 of L + 7. Tho that speaks a lot about current state of cbs on tv, with all of them loosing viewers non stop lol.

Hope The gifted also gets 4-5 seasons just like all the other marvel/dc shows to date

thanks for the explanation. Its nice that it got more viewes in the following days. I get networks pay more attention to the demo ratio, but imo, I keep seing the viewers as the key factor, in terms of impact. Cant help but notice how other shows get a lot more millions of viewers (of course, some are "the big shows" that have been running for years, while others not, like The Good doctor (had no idea about that show until a few days ago).

Still, its nice to see The Gifted being, as of right now, the only comicbookshow in the Top 25 of L + 7. Tho that speaks a lot about current state of cbs on tv, with all of them loosing viewers non stop lol.

Hope The gifted also gets 4-5 seasons just like all the other marvel/dc shows to date

The Demo is all that matters. If the Gifted falls below a 1.0 in the demo next week its 5th episode and continues to drop until it settles in around a .7 or .8 in the demo it will be on the borderline of cancellation. It all depends on how it compares to Fox's other shows.

The website below is the best when it comes to analyzing ratings and what will get cancelled.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/re...week-4-ghosted-likely-wont-get-spirited-away/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"