The Gifted The Gifted ratings thread

So out of 9 shows adapted from comic books airing this week Gifted and Flash tie for top spot at 1.0.

I think that says more about Gifted than about Flash.

So out of 9 shows adapted from comic books airing this week Gifted and Flash tie for top spot at 1.0.

No, it only says a lot about the Flash. Flash is the CW champion. Gifted performs on par for most of Fox.

Lol. You do know that Cw is a smaller network and the Flash isn't a new show.

Lol. You do know that Cw is a smaller network and the Flash isn't a new show.

Yes, I DO know about that. And I personally am more surprised at Gifted's drop than at Flash's excellent performance. What made you "lol" exactly?

But there's nothing much surprising about a show dropping like that from the pilot to the fourth episode.

Lucifer: 2.43 -> 1.56 (64.2%)
Gotham: 3.30 -> 2.41 (73%)
Gifted: 1.48 -> 1.00 (67.6%)

Yes, I DO know about that. And I personally am more surprised at Gifted's drop than at Flash's excellent performance. What made you "lol" exactly?

It doesn't say a lot when a freshman show like The Gifted is only hitting 1.0 - the same number that a four or five year old from a smaller network is getting.

Early Household numbers are in.

Episode 2- 2.7

Episode 3- 2.5/2.4

Episode 4- 2.5/2.4

Episode 5- 2.6

The highest early household number since episode 2 last night. We will know in two hours how that translates to into fast national ratings. So far no half hour decline in the early HH numbers like for ep 2 and 3 and above what ep 2 and 3 started with in their first half hours as well.

If nothing else it looks better than last week. I'm rooting for it. (Though to be honest I don't see Fox cancelling it regardless.)

If nothing else it looks better than last week. I'm rooting for it. (Though to be honest I don't see Fox cancelling it regardless.)

It’s in house so even at Lucifer’s type fractional live demo ratings it would probably be reupped with a real budget cut.

But, why a 1 and over matters is for increasing the ten episode order which I think will happen and making sure they have a good budget for next year.

Obviously it helps that they are having a huge double ratings lift seven days after by DVR, and On Demand is strong, but nothing says to a network and advertisers strength like live demo numbers.

Orville just got renewed.

The Gifted L + 3

Episode 1: live 1.5 and L + 3 = 2.3 (.8 increase)

Episode 2: live 1.2 and L + 3 = 2.0 (.8 increase)

Episode 3: live 1.1 and L + 3 = 1.8 (.7 increase)

Episode 4: live 1.0 and L + 3 = 1.9 (.9 increase)

The Gifted #4 managed the largest core demographic growth by watching through DVR three days after airing the show has had to date period above the first episode by going up .9 in the core demo and up to 13th place for watchers On Demand.

To put that into prospective it’s only .1 behind The Orville in L + 3 last week that just got renewed heavily on the strength of last week’s live numbers and it’s way ahead of them On Demand for the week. Most importantly even for episode four which had its lowest live rating to date the show is showing much more all around strength then a week or two ago.

The Gifted adjusted down to 1.0, meaning for the first time Lucifer tied its score.

The Gifted adjusted down to 1.0, meaning for the first time Lucifer tied its score.

Last episode had its good moments though I felt it was going to be to some watchers teen angst overload and it lost a bit more of the lead in viewers then is typical from Lucifer which had a great episode for the night.

Some of that was also sports preemption as well given in Wisconsin it was hijacked by football hence it adjusting down, but it stayed a 1 or above and that was what matters. The fast national rating of 1.1 odds are would have been on target without the preemption as fast national is a general crunching of the numbers that is not as responsive to preemptions as final national numbers.

I am hoping that next episode which in terms of TV rating and pretty clearly content is more adult will hold more of the Lucifer lead in and perhaps build on it again so it ticks back up a bit showing the kind of strength to get Fox to give it the go for another season as they did The Orville already.

dropped to 0.9 in 18 to 48 year old demo so it is not looking good.at this point between it and gotham i have more faith in gotham getting renewed than the gifted.

Hum, so Lucifer beat Gifted in the ratings yesterday.
dropped to 0.9 in 18 to 48 year old demo so it is not looking good.at this point between it and gotham i have more faith in gotham getting renewed than the gifted.
Eh...

Gifted is owned. Gotham is not.

However Gotham holding up like it is in the Thursday firefight is actually pretty impressive for an old berated show, question remains if it'll be enough.

Last edited:
Hum, so Lucifer beat Gifted in the ratings yesterday.
Eh...

Gifted is owned. Gotham is not.

However Gotham holding up like it is in the Thursday firefight is actually pretty impressive for an old berated show, question remains if it'll be enough.

yes.

gotham is in much tougher spot so it's 0.9 is mor eimpressive.knowing fox gifted ocntuning to drop isn't good sign.and who knows if gifted will still be fox owned come may.if murdocks sell fox studios.and i haven't forgotten how bad fox the network can be to genre shows though it has gotten better than it once was.last week gifted adjusted down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"