The Goose Discussion Thread

Is
Mar-Vell Goose’s original owner or at least the one who brought her to earth?

I wonder if the villain in the next one will have a dog haha

I feel like...

...the thing with Nick Fury's eye not only wasted what could have been a very dramatic part of Nick Fury's backstory, but also made me like Goose a lot less in the end. Fury was nothing but friendly and loving to Goose, and Goose just maims him for no reason.

I feel like...

...the thing with Nick Fury's eye not only wasted what could have been a very dramatic part of Nick Fury's backstory, but also made me like Goose a lot less in the end. Fury was nothing but friendly and loving to Goose, and Goose just maims him for no reason.

Overall I still enjoyed Goose very much, but I wasn't thrilled with that either. I think they made a mistake there.

Do you think the flerken’s archnemesis is Mondays?

I feel like...

You may not be one but every cat person has come to terms with the fact that they may slash our faces off and we would still die for them

Do you think the flerken’s archnemesis is Mondays?

You may not be one but every cat person has come to terms with the fact that they may slash our faces off and we would still die for them

One of my cats once backed me into a corner, hissing and making that awful growling noise, when I tried to put medicine down his ears. I must have cried for an hour. As soon as the trauma was over, he curled up in my arms as if nothing had happened. RIP Guy. :hrt:

My cat used to taunt dad. She would lie and give him goo goo eyes so he would pat her and then she would purr so he would pat her again and then he would go to pat her for a third time and bang, slashed to ribbons. Every time. He still did it though because it was worth getting slashed to ribbons just to get those first two pats

I'll also attest to this... we've had cats for as long as I can remember, and the way things went down with Goose and Fury is very believable (and I loved it ALL), get in a cats face *too* much, or try to be affectionate to them at the wrong moment/when they're just plain not in the mood, and the claws come out and they will let you know they're not happy.

I could very much see how Fury could consider that a betrayal - because that's the way cats are... they love you and then at any moment, betray you and scratch you... and I loved that this was the reason he lost his eye and that it wasn't during some intense top secret battle

I knew nothing of this guy going into the movie so the big reveal was a big WTF surprising moment for me

Didn't you see the cat in trailers? They even gave it a character poster. As a big cat lover, I anticipated the cat's role.

Didn't you see the cat in trailers? They even gave it a character poster. As a big cat lover, I anticipated the cat's role.
Did the cat
eat anything with its tentacle mouth?
If so, that would have been dumb to reveal in trailers. I thought he was going to just be acute loveable cat. I didnt read any books with him so his true origin did shock me

I really loved how Talos was afraid of the cat while Carol was pointing Goose at him and then Fury's reaction to Goose taking care of business on the ship.

I really loved how Talos was afraid of the cat while Carol was pointing Goose at him and then Fury's reaction to Goose taking care of business on the ship.

Nick's relationship with Goose:

tumblr_po4wys36CZ1rjop2no1_500.png

Goose was a fan favorite in my second viewing. Got the biggest laughs

We never really see the point where Fury turns into the hard ass he is in the Avengers movies. Maybe he changes because Goose dies?

I just realized now after looking at this set that the cat in the 2nd GIF looks different than the rest. I forgot which one of the 4 but one of them is apparently used more for close ups. :funny: Either way, CUUUUTE!

We never really see the point where Fury turns into the hard ass he is in the Avengers movies. Maybe he changes because Goose dies?

Come over here and say that.

giphy.gif

Kevin Feige on Goose's past and future in the MCU (along with some other stuff)

I’m wondering what has Goose been doing for the last 20 years? Can we get like a short film on Disney+ where we would like see that Goose was secretly offscreen at all of these important events?

I love it! And by the way, that’s one of the fun things about Disney+ is we could actually do ideas like that. The fun thing about introducing new characters and all these movies is suddenly going from a character that maybe you’d heard of if you’d read the books, but if you hadn’t, you’d never heard of him. And then you see the movie, you go, “I want to see more of that character.” And the fact that you and other people are asking, “When do we see more of the cat?” The question is “how long – what is the lifespan of a flerken?” It’s a good question.

I was just wondering that earlier today because the lifespan of a cat is 15 years, so would Goose be dead?

But that’s a cat, a flerken might be longer lived. And as we know from the comics, flerken procreate quite a bit. I don’t want to say Tribble-esque, but there’s sort of points in those comics where they sort of are in terms of how many appear. So I’m sure there are more flerken out there. And is Goose out there? She could be.

Or if she’s out there right now and she’s still in that same cat body?

Isn’t that a flerken body, or do you think they inhabit–

I thought they inhabited, but maybe.

Peter is always going deep. I think flerken coincidently look like cats. But they are not cats. I don’t think they’re parasites, that they are Alien-like parasites.

I just assumed the flerken was hiding in the cat, but maybe, yeah, that makes sense.

The question is, where do the Kree go? Do they all fit in her body? Do you know the answer to that?

I don’t.

The pocket universes in the flerken…

Ah, it’s the key to Phase Five, the pocket universe of the flerken! (laughs)

(laughs)

Last edited:
I support this AU:

I really hope Goose shows up in End Game so we can see him interact with Rocket, like Chewie in the comics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"