The Hip Hop/Rap Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrypticOne

Poetic Violence
Reaction score
....Since the last one is closed, thought I'd open a new one. Didn't see any other rap/hip hop thread.

Just picked up the new Slaughterhouse EP. Pretty decent.

Also Saigon's debut album is streaming on Myspace. Sounds awesome.

LASERS drops march 8th, the only album i'm really looking forward to this year. I know Dr.Dre will not deliver with Detox hopefully im wrong with that.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to Lasers too. Should be awesome.

It seems like Detox will drop, though. I mean, Dre released two singles and a music video. I was hoping that it comes out within the next two months. And if he doesn't, I want everyone from his label to release a album that he is holding back right now. I want a Game album, Cashis album, and D12 album. I've heard that these artists are just waiting for Detox. So hopefully it hurries up. Game's R.E.D. album is supposed to be classic, and I really like his new mixtape, Purp & Patron. I've been waiting for a Cashis album for two years now. I, personally, really liked his EP. I don't really care for a new D12 album though.

Other album's I'm looking forward to: Jay-Z and Kanye West's Watch the Throne. Kanye West's sixth album dropping this summer. Hopefully Freddie Gibbs drops an album. Yelawolf's debut. Raekwon's Shaolin VS Wu-Tang. Chamillionaire's album. Nas' album. Jadakiss' album. Alot of stuff coming this year to look forward to, in my opinion. Can't forget Pusha T either.

Purp & Patron & The Hangover were instant classics.

i need some good music to come out this year

Pink Friday hit #1 on billboard charts btw

Not sure if anybody in here likes Das Racist, but I'm an enormous fan:

Rainbow in the Dark (Anamanaguchi Remix)
[YT]ZnQf0GanqJc[/YT]

Ek Shaneesh
[YT]1lLm0HYVrlg[/YT]

Who's That? Brooown!
[YT]rP322FWfJWQ[/YT]

I really want Nas to get going with his next album. I hope he manages to follow through on his promise of a Lost Tapes 2. He's my most anticipated artist this year.

Also looking forward to:

Jay & Ye: Watch The Throne
Royce da 59: Success is Certain
and Slaughterhouse's 2nd lp.

It seems like Detox will drop, though. I mean, Dre released two singles and a music video. I was hoping that it comes out within the next two months. And if he doesn't, I want everyone from his label to release a album that he is holding back right now. I want a Game album, Cashis album, and D12 album. I've heard that these artists are just waiting for Detox.

My hopes for Detox died years ago, and it's just hilarious to me that there are now two singles that aren't written by Dre (obvious) or even produced by Dre (shocking). He doesn't even have two verses in either haha. That said, he's not holding any of those artists you listed back.

Game isn't signed to Aftermath. There was no official announcment that he was re-signed, only word from him and he's a liar. My guess for his delay is that his material sucked (like "Shake"... *shudders*) and he's creating no buzz.
D12 & Cashis are Shady artists, not Aftermath. Their delay is because of Em's recent issues. I garuntee Cashis will be dropped (if he's not already), and D12 are on the back-burner while Em rebuilds the label. Slaughterhouse and Yelawolf are the focus now.

Well, to me, Aftermath/Shady/G-Unit are one label. They work together and don't want to get in the way of each other, for record sales, so I'd say its fair to say they do hold each other back. Its always Dre/Em/50 first. Which I get, they make the money....but then, they shouldn't sign artists or do what G-Unit is doing and go independent.

I hope Cashis doesn't get dropped, he's one of my favorite new artists from the West. In the new XXL, they say he's still apart of Shady.

Yeah, Detox is not gonna live up to any expectations. First songs two singles not produced by Dre surprised the hell outta me. Plus, I Need A Doctor has been out since Kush was....I know why they picked to release that as a single.

Hopefully Game comes with something great and classic like he said, but yeah, he hasn't lived up to his word for the past 2-3 years.

Crooked I releasing a album (finally) on March 22nd. Can't wait for that.

Some guy has been leaking unreleased Eminem songs throughout the past couple months, most of them were pretty average, hence them being unreleased. Still nice to hear them though, since I'm a massive Eminem fan.

2011 is going to kick ass; new Lupe Fiasco album, TWO Kanye albums, AND TWO albums by Kid Cudi.

Dayum!

these and detox are my most anticipated... this will be a great year for rap music.

Egh @ Detox. Ever since I read that Dr. Dre doesn't write most of his own lyrics I've lost a ton of respect for him. Stick to producing.

I forgot to mention a new Eminem album. He hasn't announced it, but 2010 was huge for him, releasing a new album in 2011 is a no-brainer.

Egh @ Detox. Ever since I read that Dr. Dre doesn't write most of his own lyrics I've lost a ton of respect for him. Stick to producing.

I forgot to mention a new Eminem album. He hasn't announced it, but 2010 was huge for him, releasing a new album in 2011 is a no-brainer.
i never listen to dre for his lyrics anyway. it's all about the production. i mean, how many dope verses did he really have on chronic 2001? no clue... but the production on that album alone is what makes it classic. i need a doctor has me really pumped for detox.

I thought it was pretty common knowledge that Dre didn't write. He's always been a producer first since the NWA days, back when Cube, Ren, D.O.C. and who knows who else were writing rhymes for him and Eazy.

Some guy has been leaking unreleased Eminem songs throughout the past couple months, most of them were pretty average, hence them being unreleased. Still nice to hear them though, since I'm a massive Eminem fan.

2011 is going to kick ass; new Lupe Fiasco album, TWO Kanye albums, AND TWO albums by Kid Cudi.

Dayum!

Two albums from Cudi?! Where you hear this?

Two albums from Cudi?! Where you hear this?

http://datnewcudi.com/2011/01/26/kid-cudi-announces-a-man-named-scott-mixtape/

If your going to make your comeback to twitter, you might as well do it big. In the midst of giving fans details about Wizard, the Maniac music video, Dose of Dopeness and his love for Fresh Prince, Cudi just let go this huge bit of info go.
“Oh I forgot the best news ever…new mixtape ‘a man named scott’“, Cudi proclaimed on his twitter account. He follows up to say that the mixtape will release this summer and that it’s for his fans of his rapping since his forthcoming ‘Wizard’ album will be rock.

Yeeeah. Cudi is a beast! So excited to hear more rapping from him.

Awesome. Cudi is one of my favorite new artists. Right after Lupe.

Em got snubbed at the grammy's again, it was pretty much his year but i've heard wonderful things about Arcade Fire's album.

Em got snubbed at the grammy's again, it was pretty much his year but i've heard wonderful things about Arcade Fire's album.
idk...i liked ems cd but after comparing i slightly prefer arcade fire...its got a ton of deep songs with relaxing and edgy sounds...idk its worth a pick up

im excited bout some more cudi..can never get enough of that guys music

G-Side album was great as was Talib Kweli's. Looking forward to new Lupe album.

No one probably cares but it looks like 50 Cent is going to start dissing Dr. Dre. I guess Dre is mad that 50 is coming out with his own headphones. Should be interesting. Maybe they just trying to build buzz for Detox though.

No one probably cares but it looks like 50 Cent is going to start dissing Dr. Dre. I guess Dre is mad that 50 is coming out with his own headphones. Should be interesting. Maybe they just trying to build buzz for Detox though.

Dre need not worry about who else is making f***in' headphones, 'cause this is the buzz on Detox:

The people who still don't believe it's coming out, and the people convinced it will suck, if it ever does.

Honestly, I like 50. Get Rich or Die Trying is one of my favorite albums. His other street stuff like Power of the Dollar are good too. It's well known that he fell off with his other albums but he still has some tracks I like.
But Im sick of his attitude. Chris Rock said about rap in one of his acts "I love rap, but Im tired of defending it" I agree with that and also wanna say I like 50, but Im tired of defending him. How are you going to give Dr. Dre hate, in public on twitter no less when he gave you some of your biggest hits. 50 just starts beef for no reason. Even if its publicity its stupid

50 needs to work on making another really good album. His last one barely went Gold

Dre need not worry about who else is making f***in' headphones, 'cause this is the buzz on Detox:

The people who still don't believe it's coming out, and the people convinced it will suck, if it ever does.

Yeah, it might be a sick album, a lot of re-mixing and overdubs will undoubtably happen, so people might not hear the album to anywhere near the best of it's potential until all of that is fixed up.

But if the artist knows in his heart through and through, with no doubts whatsoever, with every fibre of his being, that this is the album he has wanted his entire life, then he will just have to prove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"