Kid Cudi
MF Doom
Mos Def
Eminem (especially his old ****)
RZA
Curren$y
Wiz Khalifa
Del the Funky Homosapien

I cant make a top ten without including at least 5 members of the Wu.

You know something's rotten in Denmark when one of Eminem's worst album leads the Grammy nominations.

Nice to see How I Got Over nominated for Rap Album, but I cannot excuse them for nominating Blueprint 3 and Recovery over Lucious Leftfoot.

And I'm always amazed at how well Jay's lesser albums do. Blueprint 3 spawns hits, and people keep sleeping on American Gangster.

It's all about catchy singles. BP3 gave us that annoying "New York" song. I doubt most people could name a song off American Gangster besides Blue Magic.

Recovery was awesome. It deserved to be nominated
Relapse and Encore (were they nominated in their respective years?) are another story`

Recovery was awesome. It deserved to be nominated
Relapse and Encore (were they nominated in their respective years?) are another story`

Meh. I like Relapse over Recovery. Just my opinion though.

It's all about catchy singles. BP3 gave us that annoying "New York" song. I doubt most people could name a song off American Gangster besides Blue Magic.

True. And "Run This Town" (which I'll let pass). But the rest of that record is straight garbage.

AG had "Roc Boys", "I Know", "American Dreamin'". Some of the best tracks of Jay's career...

Step one in this process, scramble up in your projects
And head to the Heights where big coke is processed
You gotta convince 'em that you not from the Precinct
But please speak slow 'cause he no speakey no English
If he takes a liking after a couple of trips
And your money is straight, he's gonna give you consignment
You're now in the game where only time can tell
Survive the droughts, I wish you well
Survive the droughts? I wish you WELL?
How sick am I? I wish you HEALTH
I wish you wheels, I wish you wealth
I wish you insight so you can see for yourself
I mean, damn....

After AG, I went back and listened to Kingdom Come and it wasn't at bad as I remembered.

Oh, yeah. Kingdom Come is miles better than Blueprint 3.

I just think he loses focus. Albums should, collectively, be about something. Or at least represent a unified thought. Jay's at his best when he latches onto a single idea:

Reasonable Doubt - mafioso beginnings
The Blueprint - a return to dominance
The Black Album - the farewell
American Gangster - the rise and fall

His other albums aren't about anything. They're just songs for the sake of songs.

Even though dude is my fav artist, his music bores me when he raps about his possessions. This sounds horrible to say, but I prefer when he talks about his drug dealing days lol. If I wanna hear about how much cash you have, I'll listen to a Diddy song. And I quote "I got so much money, my money count money" WTF Puffy :huh:

That being said, the newest Bugatti Boyz song "Another One" is pretty dope. Shallow lyrics but the beat goes hard. I'd post a link but Diddy curses up a storm within the first 5 seconds.

:huh: Why? I mean albums can be about something...but "should"?

It's more of an idealistic notion than anything. I'm not saying that every record should be a concept album. It's more about unification. The best albums have that. A sense that this is a complete set of music, and not just a collection of singles.

Take Stankonia for example. The subject matter is wildly varied. But the album feels together. Like one big, sweeping artistic statement.

But then you listen to The Blueprint 3, where it almost sounds like, "Here are some songs we recorded. Enjoy."

Look at how Reasonable Doubt builds from the opening "Can't Knock The Hustle" to the contemplative closer "Regrets". There's a genuine sense of sequencing, as if he put it together with an actual thought towards a collective statement.

Top 10 no particular order

Ice Cube
Tech N9ne
Kid Cudi
MF Doom
Mos Def
Eminem (especially his old ****)
RZA
Curren$y
Wiz Khalifa

Del the Funky Homosapien

Great list man. You should listen to Protoculture by Del its amazing.

JETS, where haven't we been yet?

Im not gonna lie that song PRetty Girl Rock by Keri Hilson? I dig it.

It's so bouncy and happy and it puts a smile on my face

Any you guys heard of Jai Paul?

His got a awesome track called BTSU and is being touted as the next big thing in 2011.

Heres what the guardian had to say on him
Jai Paul is a 21-year-old from north-west London currently getting a lot of blog and A&R attention. We can see why. He's a warped pop star in the making; or rather he's what you imagine a pop star signed to the Warp label might be like. Of course, Warp already have a freak-funk future pop act on their roster, Jamie Lidell, who seems to alternate between straight commercial funk – as though he were a slightly edgier Jamiroquai – and out-and-out experimental electronica.

Jai Paul appears to be using his music to combine both extreme approaches. "Don't f*** with me, don't f*** with me," he coos in a light, airy falsetto on BTSU, the most acclaimed track on his MySpace, over mad 8-bit sonics, bursts of burbling bass, crisp dubspace beats and weird, warped – that word again – harmonies. But somehow, JP manages to make it all seem like a pop song.

Praise has been immediate for the tune, some comparing it to Hudson Mohawke – himself a Warp wunderkind who we described last year as "sounding like Crystal Castles holding a disco inside an early-80s Atari computer console with the entire crew of George Clinton's Mothership" – in a tussle with soul boy D'Angelo and Madlib. In fact, it's the latter's Mind Altering Demented Lessons in Beats that Jai Paul appears to have learned by heart. Or to put it another way: if J Dilla (RIP) found a way to remix Hot Chip from beyond the grave ...

He's a solo act, is Jai Paul, and Polydor are apparently eager to get to him first. He doesn't work entirely alone, though. On his MySpace he credits two females for their backing vocals, three alto and soprano sax players, a violinist, and someone for his "80s guitar solo" on one track. But Jai Paul manages to make their contributions seem like samples, cut-up fragments for him to manipulate at will from track to track. Those tracks are demos, and mostly they comprise snippets of what might one day become fully-formed songs.

Genevieve is particularly tantalising, a sort of harder, more British and urban take on chillwave, as though Washed Out had been dragged out of bed to a dubstep club. There's more going on in this 90-second clip than there is in most songs. It's pure pop overload, sheer sensory bliss, and what more far-sighted dreamers might have hoped chart music in 2010 would sound like.

You can here the track on Youtube or Hypemachine

I've pretty much stopped listening to hip hop with all this occultist, anti-Christian messages strangling the art form...with likes of Jay-z, Eminem, Wu-tang and the rest.

Anti-christian?

Jay-z is clearly not a Christian and advocates an aggressive anti-Christian message.

You talking about that Lady Gaga, Kanye, Rihanna, etc Illuminati nonsense?

I don't know anything about Illumanati, but those artists clearly sending occultist and Masonic messages through their music.

Would you care to cite these examples from Jay and others?

First, he doesn't believe in Christian God, he says so in interview on Hot 97, has audio

Jay-Z said:
“I don’t know where it started. I don’t know where it came from. I really think it’s really silly. For the record, I of course believe in God, but I believe in one God. If people must know my religious beliefs, I believe in one God. I don’t believe in religion. I don’t believe in Christians or Muslims. I think all that separates people. I think it’s one God. I think it’s all the same God, and I don’t believe in Hell.

http://live.drjays.com/index.php/2010/01/14/jay-z-speaks-on-religious-beliefs-with-angie-martinez/

He says he believes in God, but he doesn't believe in Christianity in particular. He believes every religion that calls out God (Islam and Christianity) are calling to same God, which true Bible-believing Christians don't believe. He claims he doesn't believe in Hell, which he means he doesn't believe in condemnation for rejecting Jesus. You can't be a Christian and not believe that Hell exists or that God doesn't punish sin.

Jay-z's hit song Empire State of Mind

Everybody ride her, just like a bus route,
Hail Mary to the city your a Virgin,
And Jesus can’t save you life starts when the church ends,

http://www.directlyrics.com/jayz-empire-state-of-mind-lyrics.html

In the song Run This Town, there is a lot of ominous sounding lyrics and imagery...but its a little subtle. You can google it to find more. There's skull and bones imagery and he says he's a Mason in the song.

The music video On to The Next One has loads of anti-Christian imagery,

In the music video, Jay-z shows imagery of a ram and a goat's head (symbols for the Devil), a woman drinking blood, a picture of blood being poured onto a skull, worship of money, images of Heath-Joker (anarchist symbol), hooded effeminate figure with animal tattoos, and a short shot of crucified Jesus in between two bullets (Masonic symbols dissing Christ).

http://vigilantcitizen.com/?p=3073

You can go youtube the video to see all that imagery there, although I encourage you to use caution as Jay-z is trying to condition you with his music.

Seriously...what is going on in this video?

He's either doing one of two things... he's either just propagating Masonic occultist symbols from his masters/industry cronies for profit,...which means he only cares about profit.......worst case scenario he's a student of all this stuff, which I think is the case.

Jay-z's Rocawear label has loads of Masonic imagery...

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=112998783

Jay-z wears a Do What Thou Wilt shirt, a slogan tied to author of Luciferean literature.
You can go to youtube and type in Jay-Z Do what thou wilt and the first and second video explains.

If you're a serious Christian, drop Jay-z like a bad habit. and most mainstream rap as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"